[PORT] LG QuickRemote for AOSP MM

Search This thread

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
I also tried it today.
LOS/microG, busybox, addonsu.
Followed the same procedure as always. Yep, it's a no-go. This is only the second ROM in the past couple/few years that didn't work.

Also just tried the remote on AospExtended (installed to troubleshoot an unrelated matter) and all was good.
One thing I forgot to do was generate a recovery log after each qremote flashing.
Maybe I'll do it all again after work and check.

Real bummer though. I pretty much install the remote on every ROM so this would cause me to reconsider a ROM if the remote couldn't be installed. Well, maybe. Not that important but still a disappointment.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

That's really a bummer. I hoped it would work somehow. Maybe it will magically work in the future with new lineage 14.1 updates? ...

I installed two other remote control apps, and both work fine without quicksetSDK installed.. the only problem and this is a major bummer, you can not create and learn custom remote buttons with them. It says my phone does not support IR learning. I guess this is due to missing QuicksetSDK... because the other pre-definded remotes from the apps just work fine (f.i. samsung remote control preset just works fine). But I'm also having a little more exotic set-top boxes which no app supports directly.. so I would need to learn the IR of the buttons manually. And exactly that is not working anymore... Now, I can control my TV but not the set-top box... really wonderful :(

andi54

Feb 25, 2014
That's really a bummer. I hoped it would work somehow. Maybe it will magically work in the future with new lineage 14.1 updates? ...

I installed two other remote control apps, and both work fine without quicksetSDK installed.. the only problem and this is a major bummer, you can not create and learn custom remote buttons with them. It says my phone does not support IR learning. I guess this is due to missing QuicksetSDK... because the other pre-definded remotes from the apps just work fine (f.i. samsung remote control preset just works fine). But I'm also having a little more exotic set-top boxes which no app supports directly.. so I would need to learn the IR of the buttons manually. And exactly that is not working anymore... Now, I can control my TV but not the set-top box... really wonderful :(

Just download Peel remote app from the Playstore, it's worked on every AOSP based ROM I've used for years on my G3. Working on RR 8.1.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I could've sworn I tried to use Peel before but it required WiFi. Maybe it was another app but I wasn't happy with that "unnecessary" requirement. For some reason WiFi is broken on my G3, regardless of the ROM.
Still my daily/main/fave but reaching end of days.
Correct me on the WiFi thing.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, FireHound v4.5 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

ehtisham ali

Jul 12, 2015
nice you started a new thread!

Ive been messing around with this a lot the last few days and I have been seeing the same fix you were talking about by swapping the quickset apks back and forth. Ive put together a zip for flashing that I think would make things as easy as possible for people to get the list to show up.

The script in this one sets the correct permissions for everything on flash. It will instal;l the L version of Quickset, which doesnt show the manufactures list. The M quickset apk also gets flashed but i just put it in /system, so its there and can be moved easily. When you boot the first time after flashing, the the ROM uses the L version. All you should have to do then is use a file manager app to move the QuicksetSDK.apk from /system to /system/app/QuicksertAPK/ replacing the one thats there already. Set perms to 644 if necessary. Now wipe tjhe app data for quickset app, forcing the new one to restart, you dont even have to reboot.

Last thing is you have to delete the Quickset Settings folder made by the lollipop quickset. The Marshmallow version will make a working folder of its own the first time you start Quick Remote. :D

I like your idea to make fixes in separate flashes, that is probably easier

link to my 01262016.AOSP-6.x.x-M_LGQuickRemote_v4.50.19.zip on MEGA
Will this work on aosp nougat roms ?

Jc_master

Jun 13, 2011
Ciudad Juarez
The man behind getting this to work for us, @Jc_master, is gone for the foreseeable future. New job and all.
But I'd like to give my thanks also, even if he can't get on XDA to see it.
We're all doing a good job helping each other get the remote on our ROMs in his absence. [emoji106]

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

I came back to Mexico last April and today I logged in to XDA after more than two years of being away and its beautiful to see you guys helping each other as much as you can, also to see your kind words of gratitude for the small help that I could bring to use quick remote on aosp, sadly, now I'm using a Motorola phone and I think there is nothing I can do to help on this matter, but thank you guys for appreciating my own and the efforts of all the people involved in this, I believe that the XDA community is my favorite by far.

Reactions: marcdw

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Jc_master,
Like visiting the old neighborhood. Really nice to see you drop by. ?

G3 is still my daily/main though I don't flash ROMs on it anymore (failed sdcard slot).
Who'd of thought that something like a simple remote would become a must-have tool (for me, anyway) and wind up working just fine beyond its target (Marshmallow and then Nougat).

So, once again, on behalf of the lot of us, many, MANY thanks for your work and contributions to the G3.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, Lluvia OS v1.4, TridentExperience, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

D

Deleted member 6931281

Is There Any WAY that this zip works with lineage os 15.1? Does any one know how to Port it? I've been trying to use my IR and it doesn't seem to be working since I installed a custom rom. Any Suggestions?:confused:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Is There Any WAY that this zip works with lineage os 15.1? Does any one know how to Port it? I've been trying to use my IR and it doesn't seem to be working since I installed a custom rom. Any Suggestions?:confused:
Sadly, I haven't tried any Oreo on my G3. I do remember that a couple of us couldn't even get it working on LOS 14.1. So I don't know if it not working for you is an Oreo thing or Lineage in general.
If I'm feeling adventurous I might give Oreo a go and test the remote. Maybe.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, B12 SL!M6 DF!NR ROM, Multiboot, XDA Legacy

Danilo_94

Apr 6, 2017

Just installed on Liquid remix OREO and it seems that it works but at the moment i can't try it on a real tv. I believe that it works because the app works perfectly and also because looking at IR trasmitter with an other camera it blinks, so the ir signal is trasmitted . I activated the init.d support with kernel adiutor app and switched on selinux permissive with a magisk module downloaded directly trough magisk manager, and then flashed the 3 zips one to one. furthermore the Qremote.log file hasn't been created after flashing the qremote zip, but since it only serves to verify that selinux and init have been properly activated and since that I was sure I did correctly, I I proceeded equally with the other passages and it works.

EDIT: It works also on Pie(Lineage 16 unofficial by hardstyl3r)

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I'm late to the G3 Oreo party due to various hardware issues. Now on my 3rd G3. :)
Late confirmation. QuickRemote works fine on Liquid Remix Oreo. Nice.

LG G3 D851, LiquidRemix v9.1.3 Oreo ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

pgathana

Sep 23, 2018
hi! if i want to delete this app, how i can do it. Not to disable it, to remove everything. Thanks!

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
after some major lineageOS updates I thought I might give it a try again.

I can now confirm that LG QuickRemote is still NOT working on lineageOS 15.1 (Oreo) if you use the microG version (https://lineage.microg.org/). It's the same problem as in my earlier posts/tries. QuicksetSDK doesn't get installed, manufacturer list is empty, remote isn't working. I used to have AnyMote as alternative, but it is not ideal, because it only supports pre-defined remotes on the G3, the infrared button learn mode isn't working..

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hello, since I'll be moving to the G3 soon, I've been reading a bit about this port.
Does anyone think that by setting
Code:
setprop ro.build.target_country XX
(replace "XX" with country code) I can make this work without disabling SeLinux?
I'll be installing this on my parents' and my sister's phones (2xLG G3 and 1xLG G2) as well if this will work.

My source is @djdeeles's comment for another port of LGs QuickRemote app (from the LG G2, on KitKat).

Last edited:

jd.21

Nov 21, 2011
@Jc_master i successfully installed this quickremote in my xiaomi redmi 6 pro with stock rom and kernel. i set selinux mode as permissive and enabled the init.d support also. but, no log file created in the sdcard or in internal storage. still i can open and use the lg remote app.
i have two doubts someone please answer,

1. manufacturers list is only available if i install european rom. not available in any global rom. why?.

2. everything is working in this app except learning function. is there anyway to enable learning function?. i want it desperately.

Last edited:

bazaleem818

Oct 16, 2016
can you provide the sorce for your kernal or make it work on N or Pie Lineage rom or roms based on Lineage like RR

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
can you provide the sorce for your kernal or make it work on N or Pie Lineage rom or roms based on Lineage like RR
There's no kernel here. It's a remote. Seems to work on a lot of ROMs. For me every ROM from Marshmallow to Oreo. Two exceptions that I recall were Exodus MM and Lineage for microG.
Go through the past several pages and you'll see what setups folks have it running on.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, AospExtended v5.5 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

bazaleem818

Oct 16, 2016
Hello guys,

it is not working for me on my LG G4 with latest RR Remix Android Nougat installed.
I followed all the steps, got the correct log file, have the app in my list and see also the list of the manufacturers.
But on the philips TV here it is not working at all, and I also don't see the little progress bar that is filling up when switching through the remotes. I can press the button and it makes a noise but thats it. When I say "no" to if it worked, it just asks me if I want to try again.
Any advice?

Best regards,
Matze

same here exactly
device Lg g4 H815 USU rom RR v5.8.5 with micro opengapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, i bring to you the QuickRemote app for your AOSP Marshmallow rom, CM13 or any rom based on CM13 (Resurrection Remix, Bliss, AICP), you may ask, "Why would i want QuickRemote on my AOSP rom if MM has native IR support and Peel or Anymote works without all this mambo jambo?
    Well, even though what i just said is true, no remote controller app has the learning method enabled, even on a stock rom, only QuickRemote can enable the IR receiver to learn a controller that does not appear on the device/manufacturers list.
    So, that's the reason we want QuickRemote to work on our AOSP rom.

So, before anything, i would like to thank @hikarisei23 because in a comment of his post HERE i found the files for QuickRemote to work on MM wich leads to the second person i want to thank wich is @syndre who on said comment, posted the files that worked on MM, also @KronicSkillz who helped a lot to troubleshoot and also confirmed that the method i'm posting here works.

Well, this is it, after personally testing with: Resurrection Remix, AICP and Bliss, all of them MM amd CM13 based, all of them with the stock kernel and Lambda Kernel i'm confident enough to post it here, days of testing and troubleshooting and 3 different roms later.

So first, the mandatory disclaimer, im not responsible for any problem that may result from using my method and the files i'm providing you, either with your phone or your self-esteem, it's your responsibility to read, re-read and only do what you are comfortable with.

What you will need:​

1. - The phone, this only has been tested with Lg G2 and Lg G3, this may or may not work on another LG phone with IR, you can try, but at your own risk.
    2. - The Rom, this only have been tested with AOSP roms either CM13 or CM13 based roms, again, you can try in another rom but at your own risk.
    3. - Obviously a Custom Recovery (twrp, cwm, philz)
    4. - The three zips im leaving at the end of the post, QRemote_AOSP_MM.zip Fix_Part1.zip and Fix_Part2.zip.
    5. - Maybe necessary or not, depending on your rom, Universal init.d from Playstore HERE and Selinux Mode Changer from HERE.
    6. - Root Access.

Ok, once you checked and have everything needed, we have to make a little prep on your Rom before starting to flash the zips.

Rom Preparation 100% Needed

You need to set Selinux to permissive, here is where you may or may not need Selinux Mode Changer, First go into "About Device" on your phone settings and in the bottom you will find an indicator for Selinux state, if its "Permissive" you are good to go, some Roms and Kernels have this set to Permissive by default, if it's Enforcing, search in your Rom or Kernel settings, some of them have an option to set it to Permissive, if your rom does not have any option to change it, you will need Selinux Mode Changer, you install it and set Selinux to permissive, after reboot you can check in About Device again to see if it succeded, if it does not work, try again and check the original post, most of the answers are there, i cant give support for this app, also, this app needs root rights, and preferably two reboots after setting Selinux to Permissive.

Next you need to have init.d support, again, some roms have it, but at least for the test that me and the other users did, even though you are pretty sure init.d is enabled it's better to just install Universal init.d from the Play Store and enable init.d manually after doing so, reboot the system at least two times and grant Root access.

Installation!

Now we are ready to start flashing, reboot into recovery and RECOMMENDED, do a Nandroid Backup just in case, but at the moment no boot loops or any other problems had raised from flashing this, but again, just in case. After that, flash the first file: QRemote_AOSP_MM.zip, reboot your system and let it settle for a bit, 1 minute at least.

Now is the part where almost everyone has problems, you have to check in your Sdcard root for a log file named Qremote.log, if the file is there, it means init.d is enabled and in the file it will say if Selinux is Ok, if you don't have the file, check back the first two prep steps and try again.

Now if everything is going ok, is time for the second file, Fix_Part1.zip, reboot and let the system settle again, you may have some force close errors from QuickRemote or QuicksetSDK, its ok, you can try and check if QuickRemote is working, in allmost every case it will not work just yet, but you may have some luck.

Now, is the time to flash the third file, Fix_Part2.zip, again, reboot and let the system settle, now, you should have a working QuickRemote app on you AOSP MM Rom.
    This are the steps, if you need more information about what all of this is doing and why you need Selinux and init.d, also why you need to flash 3 files, you can read the troubleshooting section where i explain what i understand about it.

TROUBLESHOOTING

Well, if you are here, it means that this didn't work as planned, so lets make this like a FAQ so you just search your problem and get the answer for it.

P.- I can't see QuickRemote on my app drawer. A: be sure that QuickRemote.apk is not showing as "com.lge...." and has the default green Android icon on your app drawer, sometimes and for reasons unknown to me, this happens for the first day or so, it will automatically change to QuickRemote and it will have the correct icon at least 5 hours after you installed it, it can take more time. A2: Maybe the flashing proccess was not successful, re-flash the file, it will automatically delete previously flashed files and install a new copy of them.

P. - I get force close messages for QuickRemote or QuicksetSDK after completing the proccess. A: try to run QuickRemote after the system settled, most of the times is 1 minute, in some roms and for reasons unknown to me, this messages will appear at boot but after the system settled, you will be able to run QuickRemote without any problem.

P. - QuickRemote opens up but no manufacturers are showing and it also gets really slow. A: this problem shows when either QuicksetSDK is not correctly installed or Selinux is not set to permissive, the solution for the first problem is in my 2 part fix, the version of Selinux included in the first zip, works great with MM but for some reason it will not work out of the box, i dont know if it's missing some files but it may or may not even show under system apps list on your settings menu, what my 2 part fix does is that, deletes the version of QuicksetSDK that the first flash installs and installs a temporary copy of QuicksetSDK wich i believe, writes information needed for QuicksetSDK to work properly, but this newer temporary QuicksetSDK apk, will allmost never work on MM, you can try but allmost every time it will not work, it will constantly force close, so the second fix zip, will delete this temporary QuicksetSDK and the folder it creates in your Sdcard root and install the previous version of QuicksetSDK again, and now, if everything went well, it will work as it's supposed to, i really dont know why exactly, but it works.
    A2: the first thing you will notice when you switch to MM is that allmost every app will ask for permission to your Sdcard or camera or microphone wich in LP was not doing, since 4.3 Google is taking extra steps to ensure that you and your information are better protected one of this steps is Selinux (Security Enhanced Linux) wich, for putting it in simple terms, is like a sandbox for your system, only some trust-signed apps can get out of that sandbox and copy files etc... Into your system, those not-so privileged apps cant output anything outside the sanbox and thats why you need to disable or "set to permissive" Selinux, so QuicksetSDK can make the changes necessary for QuickRemote to do its work, it's true that now your system is in a degree "more vulnerable" but if you are a user of this forum, the odds to install something that will damage your system or jeopardize your information are minimal, you need to be really silly to fall for those "your system has problems" or "your battery is gonna explode if you don't install this app" ads that appear on your phone on the daily basis, so, dont worry, but at the same time, just be carefull and have some common sense, if there is a way for this to work with Selinux set to Enforcing, i will update it in the same second.

P. - QuickRemote force closes whenever i try to open it. A: this is caused by either a bad zip flash, or problems with Selinux or init.d, follow the previous answer and the first installation steps again.

P. - I can see QuickRemote and QuicksetSDK on my apps list, no force closes but still no manufacturers. A: Be sure init.d is enabled, i had problems with Roms that had "native init.d support" and emulated init.d will not work, the only way i got no problems with this was with Universal init.d, install that even though you are "pretty sure" your rom supports init.d, the 10QuickRemote.sh script on your init.d tries to get your country to see if you will use the app in, either Korean or any other supported language, it will also give some permissions to a file and it will check if Selinux is Permissive and finally, it will log this to a file called Qremote.log on the root of your Sd, if you have problems and you cant see the file, the problem is 99% most of the time, init.d.

P.- I don't want to flash three files, isn't there a simpler way? A: Unfortunately no, at this moment and after A LOT of testing etc... This is the only effective way i found.

P. - I'm afraid to set Selinux to permissive and leave the door open for all kind of bad ju ju and stuff to invade my sacred Android system, what can i do? A: Skip this hole thing, at the moment, the only way to make this work on AOSP MM is by doing the previous, just be careful, get some common sense and everything will be just fine.

Well, thats all i can think of right now, if you have suggestions, problems or a better way to make this work, please tell me in the comments or PM me, i'm glad to help as far as i can, i hope this helps, i leave you with the needed files and proof that it works.

QRemote_AOSP_MM.zip - MEGA - DRIVE
    nice you started a new thread!

Ive been messing around with this a lot the last few days and I have been seeing the same fix you were talking about by swapping the quickset apks back and forth. Ive put together a zip for flashing that I think would make things as easy as possible for people to get the list to show up.

The script in this one sets the correct permissions for everything on flash. It will instal;l the L version of Quickset, which doesnt show the manufactures list. The M quickset apk also gets flashed but i just put it in /system, so its there and can be moved easily. When you boot the first time after flashing, the the ROM uses the L version. All you should have to do then is use a file manager app to move the QuicksetSDK.apk from /system to /system/app/QuicksertAPK/ replacing the one thats there already. Set perms to 644 if necessary. Now wipe tjhe app data for quickset app, forcing the new one to restart, you dont even have to reboot.

Last thing is you have to delete the Quickset Settings folder made by the lollipop quickset. The Marshmallow version will make a working folder of its own the first time you start Quick Remote. :D

I like your idea to make fixes in separate flashes, that is probably easier

link to my 01262016.AOSP-6.x.x-M_LGQuickRemote_v4.50.19.zip on MEGA
    Here you go folks - there's two persistent permissive SELinux enabler apps - one was created by @erikasnoske (the key icon) and the other one was created by me, which was obviously based on the @erikasnoske app (SELinux PP (Persistent Permissive) - the app icon reads 'su setenforce 0'), both of which were created via the Tasker app creation feature.

The reason as to why I have posted them here is because sometimes from my experience, the SELinuxModeChanger app doesn't seem to change the SELinux status on every boot, and it can be frustrating, so therefore, these apps are here - all you need to do is install one of the attached apps, click on it to run it and it will automatically run on every boot, whether it would be from a power-off state or a soft/hard reboot state.

Enjoy.
    weather port to aosp plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @mjmj508508 first and I'm not telling this in a rude or disrespectful manner, it's not necessary to quote an entire post, you can just mention me or any other user just by placing an @ symbol and write my or any other user nickname and selecting it from the list it will appear, and about that, I've downloaded several stock roms from, lg g3, g4, g flex and flex 2 and I've started playing with lg apps, i want the lg calculator and quick note to work on AOSP, I'm no developer and i now a lot more of HTML and CSS than Linux, java etc, but i really want to learn more so i will take porting LG Apps as a challenge to learn more Android development and i hope i can bring those apps plus lg weather to AOSP MM, lets see how that works
    Everything is working fine on Resurrection Remix 7.1! Thanks to author for making this possible.
    here are screenshots: http://imgur.com/L6026sl,aw3Xgpj,m0qqTmz,ZaAa9PU,Hkhp1uL
    if you have empty list when you're getting to configure pilot, go to recents panel and remove QuickRemote app. After this, go to app and look, you've got the full list! (sorry for english, my dudes)