FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery theory and mod

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By davestuarts, Senior Member on 30th January 2019, 12:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all. I've decided to keep the G5 longer after my contract has expired.
I think the phone is still great for my usage and I don't need the very latest just yet. I will update to oreo (once I figure out the guides and versions).

My main concern is the battery. My original battery dated 2016 doesn't hold much charge now. In 2018 I did purchase a second one manufactured in 2017 from replacebase UK (they sell oem parts by dismantling phones, so I know everything is genuine unless stated).

The problem was the 2017 battery wasn't as good as the 2016 one.
I would think that a battery that is just shelved for months or even a year or so, would irreversibly deplete, and then not be able to give full capacity.
My mod/theory idea is, if a battery of similar physical size, from newer released phones late 2018 or 2019, could be adapted to be used in the LG G5?
Even if the battery is an internal type (as most are going).

It's not about increasing capacity, but having a freshly manufactured one.
I'm sure something could be done or adapted. Has anybody tried something similar?
With a fresh oem battery, you'd have guaranteed quality and it holding a good, new like charge.

I dont want the external battery cases. Not efficient and adds too much bulk.

Thanks for reading

5th February 2019, 06:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
bump
5th February 2019, 06:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't think it's possible to adapt another OEM battery to our G5. The phone will most likely complain about a invalid battery or not start up at all and maybe fry the phone. The only option is to buy 3rd parties from Amazon or eBay.
9th February 2019, 12:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
https://www.amazon.com/HETP-Upgraded...APL&ref=plSrch

I bought this and its been great. Better than my original. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-08-18-25-59.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	4701943

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)