Quote:
Originally Posted by rothas

Will PM you tonight

You are my hero!

I'll update ASAP with my findings

13th March 2018, 06:43 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There was a question about components used in that Data Transformer dongle. It's not a direct answer, but the following press note lists the components used in LG G5 phone and in glasses themselves (google for the following title):
"Analogix and LG Take Mobile VR to the Next Level with LG 360 VR"

The components are:
LG G5: SlimPort ANX7816 transmitter and ANX7418 USB-C switch and controller;
LG 360 VR: SlimPort ANX7737 converter and ANX7402 USB-C controller.

I have a question to alanma75. What happens when you plug LG glasses to your NUC, without starting that VR prlayer? What do you need to do to force the glasses to show anything?
I have access to one Win7 and one Win10 laptops with USB-C interface. When I connect glasses to them, laptops recognize an external display of 1440x960 resolution, I can extend the desktop to that space, I can drag the windows there, but the glasses remain dark. For a moment I thought that simply there is no back-light triggered, but I don't see any activity on those LCD pa panels (yes, I unscrewed the lenses to look directly at LCDs). What needs to be done to kick-start the goggles?
20th March 2018, 05:46 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just picked up one of these headsets for $20, B&H photo has them refurb for that right now. Have had my eyes on these to try and hack and mod a bit.
But reading over the info, it's gonna be a tough one, maybe not really worth it.
The Vagle VRD-1000 is pretty interesting, this PDF has some interesting details about what it does internally:
http://tvlogic.tv/VR/vagle(VRD-1000)..._v1.0(ENG).pdf

Interesting parts: I see HDMI to Display Port and DDC. DDC appears to be "Display Data Channel" which is an i2c protocol. See here for some info on that and how that fits in to USB - C https://www.mouser.com/applications/...e-c-adds-hdmi/
Perhaps DDC is used to instruct the goggles how to display - for instance it's been mentioned of people getting images, but 90 degrees rotation? Perhaps DDC is used to instruct the goggle how to orient the image, etc.

Then also I see mentioned "Coordination info" this is probably motion tracking info I'm guessing. Personally I'm not as interested in this aspect, I'm more interested in just being able to control the displays, maybe get general HDMI input working.

Here is an interesting github project that appears to be using or attempting to use the VRD-1000 along with this headset https://github.com/TrueOpenVR
24th March 2018, 10:48 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How about an adapter Type C to USB 3.0, somebody tried, it works?

The code for get orientation data from USB ัan be found after decompiled "Vr Player.Trackers.LgeR1360Tracker.dll" (C#, decompiled without problems with using ILSpy). File "Vr Player.Trackers.LgeR1360Tracker.dll is located in the player folder [1][2]
There can do support for SteamVR and other vr programs.

snap3D, it is probably necessary to send the packet over USB to enable it. LG G5 (or Vagle VRD-1000) most likely sends a special package to turn on the displays. Probably it's done so people do not try to connect to the PC. Need to capture the usb packet (from Vagle).
The Following User Says Thank You to 5casper5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5casper5 Ad-Free
27th March 2018, 05:14 PM |#15  

More
I also have G5 phone (and obviously VR360 glasses light up when LG app is running and glasses proximity sensor is covered; glasses immediately turn off when proximity sensor is uncovered), but unfortunately no access to USB-C analyzers. It would be interesting to see if the glasses connected to PC (via Vagle adapter or directly through USB-C interface) can continue to show the image after initial packet trigger. To test that theory I ordered a "MeeGoPad T09" micro computer (for $130 from "geekbuying" Asian site), which is less than $10 more expensive than the Vagle adapter (and as a bonus I'll have a tiny PC running Win10 OS; you can go even smaller with PC-stick "MeeGoPad T08"; both MeeGoPads have USB-C interface). I'll try to install that proprietary VR player s/w (link provided earlier in this thread) on MeeGoPad and we will see what happens.
28th March 2018, 10:18 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5casper5

snap3D, it is probably necessary to send the packet over USB to enable it. LG G5 (or Vagle VRD-1000) most likely sends a special package to turn on the displays. Probably it's done so people do not try to connect to the PC. Need to capture the usb packet (from Vagle).

I think that "USB Packet" might actually be an i2c packet over a wire that's a part of the USB C spec. The DDC "Display Data Channel" signal I mentioned before. So might be easier to reverse engineer than a USB packet would.
29th March 2018, 10:16 AM |#17  

More
del
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5casper5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5casper5 Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 05:55 AM |#18  

More
So I took my goggles apart just to look around inside. Noticed these test pads on the main PCB, labelled GND, 5V, D-, D+ and B. So that looks like USB to me, but not sure what B is. These might just be some kind of ISP firmware update pads or something though. I might try to solder a USB A cable to them, plug it in to my computer and see what happens. Also here's a picture of the back side of the board just for info. Let me know if anyone wants a picture of something specific.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180401_203853.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	4464272   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180401_204035.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	4464273  
The Following User Says Thank You to 0TheRain0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 0TheRain0 Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 12:32 PM |#19  

More
0TheRain0, yes, I wonder what will happen.
4th April 2018, 05:53 PM |#20  
Flag NJ

More
Does my $75 solution work better LG G4 with the Oneplus loop VR?
8th April 2018, 04:06 AM |#21  

More
I would love to use these on a plane/train with a GPD win
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)