FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G5 Extended batteries from third party sources?

1,125 posts
Thanks Meter: 324

By jinkerz9430, Senior Member on 16th June 2016, 09:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright. Just like what happens with many smartphones, third party sources have started releasing batteries with a little more juice than the Original LG Batteries of 2800mAh. I have to admit it, i was kind of counting on it because it happens a lot of time. But how reliable could they be? Would NFC work with them? Will it make our phone explode? From 2800mAh to 3250mAh is 450 more juice to drain. Has someone tested it? I've posted the link and a couple of pictures.

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Yifan...lg+g5+3200+mah
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Extended...UAAOSwjXRXX5q7

If you have tried any similar please share. I'm sure many people will be interested to know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-www.gsmarena.com 2016-06-15 19-27-46.jpg
Views:	3306
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	3784626   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-www.ebay.com 2016-06-16 04-32-45.jpg
Views:	3290
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	3784627   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-www.ebay.com 2016-06-16 04-35-59.jpg
Views:	3256
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	3784628  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jinkerz9430 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinkerz9430 Ad-Free

16th June 2016, 01:12 PM |#2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Good luck with that company 1 star and arrives mid to late July from China. No thanks original LG battery and charger 35$ get it in a couple days

Sent from my RS988 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th June 2016, 04:34 PM |#3  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I just recieved two of them from Ebay. Charged one in the charging cradle, took a little longer than the stock battery. Installed it in the phone last night and will report on my findings. Everything seems fine so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilhaiti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lilhaiti Ad-Free
16th June 2016, 04:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhaiti

I just recieved two of them from Ebay. Charged one in the charging cradle, took a little longer than the stock battery. Installed it in the phone last night and will report on my findings. Everything seems fine so far.

Can you please also try the NFC feature if you have another phone with NFC capability? And also, whether the SOT improves or if it remains the same. and finally, in comparison to the other battery, how long does the phone last , based on your average usage (say: wifi on/off, usual brightness or auto brightness, etc. ) Let us know. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jinkerz9430 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinkerz9430 Ad-Free
16th June 2016, 08:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
On my Thread I found one that has 3600mah found at AliExpress
16th June 2016, 09:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAIDroid

On my Thread I found one that has 3600mah found at AliExpress

did you buy it? How was it? but there is something odd with that one. They sell 5 pcs for 30 dollars? there is something off
16th June 2016, 10:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseguillen1994

did you buy it? How was it? but there is something odd with that one. They sell 5 pcs for 30 dollars? there is something off

I have the G4 and I'm sure you can find one for just 1 pcs

Here's one from brand TQTHL which I would trust as I have 2 for my G4 and both work great
18th June 2016, 02:33 PM |#8  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseguillen1994

Can you please also try the NFC feature if you have another phone with NFC capability? And also, whether the SOT improves or if it remains the same. and finally, in comparison to the other battery, how long does the phone last , based on your average usage (say: wifi on/off, usual brightness or auto brightness, etc. ) Let us know. Thanks

I have tested for two day and although I haven't gotten any numbers to prove it...the battery works great. It does last longer with the same usage...but I wouldn't say that the difference is huge but it does have a little more endurance. I'd say that if you are looking for an extra battery...this is not a bad choice especially just to keep as a spare. Everything works fine as well.

Also...it may take a few cycles to get the battery calibrated...my first discharge I was disappointed because it dad extremely fast but after letting it run down and charging it a few times it seems to last a little longer than stock. I'll leave the battery in for a while and if I get time to collect screen on before I charge it I will.

Sent from my LG-H820 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lilhaiti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lilhaiti Ad-Free
18th June 2016, 03:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhaiti

I have tested for two day and although I haven't gotten any numbers to prove it...the battery works great. It does last longer with the same usage...but I wouldn't say that the difference is huge but it does have a little more endurance. I'd say that if you are looking for an extra battery...this is not a bad choice especially just to keep as a spare. Everything works fine as well.

Also...it may take a few cycles to get the battery calibrated...my first discharge I was disappointed because it dad extremely fast but after letting it run down and charging it a few times it seems to last a little longer than stock. I'll leave the battery in for a while and if I get time to collect screen on before I charge it I will.

Sent from my LG-H820 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I think one would see a real difference if it had 900mah ane up more than usual. I was kind of expecting for that though. Hahaha. But i have the feeling they will release an eveb bigger one. Something like 4000mAh+ but you have provided us with great detail. Thank you. If you have the SOT in the future feel free to provide if
19th June 2016, 02:17 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 521

Donate to Me
More
I doubt we will see anything much larger in the same size. Batteries have limited capacity/cm3, and LG, being one of the best and largest battery manufacturer, maxed out on that value. The problem here is the physical size of the battery cell...
19th June 2016, 10:42 PM |#11  
Flag Sioux City, IA
Thanks Meter: 201

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232

I doubt we will see anything much larger in the same size. Batteries have limited capacity/cm3, and LG, being one of the best and largest battery manufacturer, maxed out on that value. The problem here is the physical size of the battery cell...

Actually Zerolemon emailed me and said they are working on a battery for the G5 as we speak. They can be miracle workers lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)