Search This thread

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
LineageOS 15.1 for the H830 (LG G5)

Code:
*** Disclamer

I am not responsible for any damage that happens to your phone

What's this?
-- Its a slightly unstable build of LineageOS without any mods for the T-Mobile H830. To get charging to work, you must enable adb debugging in the developer menu of the settings app.

Installation instructions
-- Download ROM from link and do a clean flash in TWRP
* -- (optional) install GAPPS

Download

Credits
-- LineageOS Team and the many contributers to the ROM
-- @Rashed97 for his contribution for the G5's progress
Source

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1 for the LG G5, ROM for the LG G5

Contributors
AutinDroid, Lineageos Team and everybody who contributed to its source
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2017-12-26
Last Updated 2018-05-03

Last edited:

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
FAQ
What's broken?
-- Wifi, Quickcharge, Camera, NFC, Bluetooth, and probably a lot of other things I haven't tested.
What's not broken?
-- The built in voice recorder app is broken, but microphone works. Audio is all good.
How stable is the ROM?
-- Very unstable, crashes time to time, is pretty slow, gets pretty warm; in other words, its pretty bad.
What's special about this ROM?
-- It's just Oreo, vanilla lineageOS. Only thing I added was the always on display from the Pixel 2.
Why is X not working?
-- Because its broken.
Plz fix X
-- I'll try, but probably won't be able to
What's comming?
-- I'll be doing another build, hopefully will fix some issues (not guaranteed)
Also, if anybody with more knowledge about ROM development could help, that would be great.

Last edited:

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
you seem to be the only developer who care to bring us oreo. you should be praised as god

Holy, thx but no, I am not a proper developer to build 8.0, I can compile Android and fix errors, but I lack the fundamental skills in order to debug and fix problems. I am trying to learn how to fix broken functions, but it's going to be a long time till I will be able to be sufficient in Android development. I believe that for now, other devs such as Rashed should continue to support the devices, and I appreciate their hard work to bring Oreo to Android. As a matter of fact,all credit should go to these devs, not me. Also, I have one build that is half compiled, may fix wifi, but idk. Also link has been fixed (must have not fixed it properly)

Reactions: blachamlet

gismo2004

Dec 6, 2011
Can you say something about the Rom on H850 ?
Well, it's booting :)

I didn't tested a lot! I know that wlan, phone calls and Livedisplay is working.

Snap is crashing, but have not tested other cams...

I just have installed it to check out 8.1 and see what's different. Unfortunately I need my h850 for work, so I switched back to stable.

Will test more this week.

Cheers

Reactions: tavocabe

PrinceLc

Jul 16, 2010
Iserlohn
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well, it's booting :)

I didn't tested a lot! I know that wlan, phone calls and Livedisplay is working.

Snap is crashing, but have not tested other cams...

I just have installed it to check out 8.1 and see what's different. Unfortunately I need my h850 for work, so I switched back to stable.

Will test more this week.

Cheers
Okay thanks for the info and good luck for maybe a stable version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts