Thanks Meter: 2,576

By askermk2000, Senior Member on 20th November 2017, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2019, 01:33 AM |#681  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by askermk2000

Yes there are governor settings applied at boot. And no, there's no touchboost in this kernel, that's why you don't see the option.

After trying some other tweaks i didnt notice any improvement in battery life, but a definite loss of smoothness. Ill be sticking with the stock config

1st July 2019, 05:10 PM |#682  
Thanks Meter: 521

More
Maple is back on beta 38, all is running great
4th July 2019, 08:17 PM |#683  

More
@askermk2000

I saw you mentioned enabling the qualcomm DAC high performance mode on your earlier nougat 1.x kernels, is this something you also do on the oreo 2.x kernels?

Also im seeing standby drain with wifi on + wifi calling of ~1.5-2% an hour, in airplane mode. Does this seem typical?

Over 18 hours since unplugged from full charge, went from 100% to 70% with 17 min screen on time. 2.5 hours of wakelock time, 1hr 54min of which was the kernel. Is there a way to see which part of the kernel is causing these wakelocks?

I saw similar drain with wifi calling on/airplane mode with my at&t h820 on oreo, but the h830 on oreo with stock kernel had much less standby drain iirc. I may flash back to check.

I included a screenshot of gsam that details the kernel wakelock. I have location scanning turned off as well, and no location history. Gsam doesnt calculate the wakelock time for each sub process here like it does for other apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-04-12-11-14.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	4787392  
4th July 2019, 08:36 PM |#684  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxes

I saw you mentioned enabling the qualcomm DAC high performance mode on your earlier nougat 1.x kernels, is this something you also do on the oreo 2.x kernels?

This might not actually have been necessary. There was something in the kernel, but later I discovered that those settings might be overridden by the tasha xml files.
So I guess it's best not to mess with that.

Quote:

Also im seeing standby drain with wifi on + wifi calling of ~1.5-2% an hour, in airplane mode. Does this seem typical?

Typical, no. Typical is ~0.3% idle drain, with radio on (but not wifi). With airplane and no wifi, about 0.2%
The Following User Says Thank You to askermk2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift askermk2000 Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 12:12 AM |#685  

More
Quote:

This might not actually have been necessary. There was something in the kernel, but later I discovered that those settings might be overridden by the tasha xml files.

Typical, no. Typical is ~0.3% idle drain, with radio on (but not wifi). With airplane and no wifi, about 0.2%

I found this driver for our chipset, with the wdc9335 DAC, that enables the class a/b amplifier support and also enables the hifi mode-
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tasha-t3802269

Idk if its oreo compatible though.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote:

I found this driver for our chipset, with the wdc9335 DAC, that enables the class a/b amplifier support and also enables the hifi mode-
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tasha-t3802269

Idk if its oreo compatible though.

I have been using a root app called 'audio dac booster' which is supposesd to apply these changes for hifi mode and amplifier class a/b to some system files, it seems to make a noticeable difference in audio quality.
10th July 2019, 06:16 AM |#686  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Helllo guys!

So here's my story: About 6 months ago i installed this https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...6-0-0-t3792258 Ressurrection Remix mod and I was absolutely loving it. Now I started to play Pokémon Go again with colleagues but since my device was rooted it kept crashing so many times that I decided to switch back to stock rom, also in this case I wanted to get my 60FPS video recording possibility back since RR didn't have that function. My battery life was absulutely okay when I had RR, like with normal daily usage i could hold out for 1.5 days without charging it. So basically I flashed back to a stock ROM using a zip from one of the thread around here called "LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE", though I wanted to be up to date with the ROM, also this flashable was Vodafone and I needed an original T-mobileish ROM. So I tried to update the ROM with LG Bridge which was a success. Then I knew I had to root it one more time because of batterystats. So I rooted it again. Deleted batterystats, discharge then full recharge without any intervention and of course while the phone was off. After this I kept experiencing a massive loss on battery life. Like while playing Pokémon GO the phone discharges 15-20% in 30 mins of gaming. I know that Pokémon GO eating up battery since it's release and maybe they still din't optimize it. But what it's wierd that I just charged my phone to 100% then I went to take a shower which lasted about 20 mins and when I got back I saw that the battery percentage dropped to 92%. In freakin 20 mins idle time. Is it possible that I did wrong something in the batterystat reseting? I did it many times before and I didn't have any issues after it. I also tried to calibrate the battery with the Advance Battery Calibrator app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...libra&hl=en_US) multiple times and I didn't have any luck. :/ Also tried to remove or freeze some applications which were running in the background and they were useless to me. Or maybe is it possible that the ROM i downloaded and installed from LG Bridge is a complete ****? Also FYI I have two batteries, one which came with the phone ofc and one which I bought a year ago within a charging kit. The phone itself is about 2 years old. Basically the original battery should be closing to it's ending but the other shouldn't, also I tried the calibration process while I was using the fresher battery. Also the current ROM version is 8.0.0 Oreo, v30c-216-30 if that helps anything. :S I also installed the MK2000 kernel because after rooting the phone the flashlight didn't work and the MK2000 fixes that. Though the battery life was bad before it too, so that can't be the problem, the fact of the root either because even the unrooted ROM had bad battery life.
12th July 2019, 12:20 AM |#687  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I was wondering if LG's RCT checker is disabled after flashing this kernel. I see in the service memu it is enabled but I'm not sure if it really is. On the LG V20 forum they make a bid deal about this. I'm still on nougat btw.
18th July 2019, 09:49 AM |#688  
OP Senior Member

More
First Post Updated With Version 2.2
  • Kernel Updated to Last 3.18.140 Release
  • Wireguard Updated to Latest Snapshot
  • Added Anxiety I/O-Sched by tytydraco
  • Added K-Lapse - XDA-Thread & GitHub
  • Much Updates (see mko-v2 on GitHub)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to askermk2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift askermk2000 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
h850, kernel, lge, msm8996

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)