FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Flash Tool 2.0.1.6 (patched & working)

302 posts
Thanks Meter: 212

By ieatacid, Senior Member on 3rd May 2016, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've patched LGFlashTool.exe to bypass the login screen.

This is for flashing back to stock. It does not flash TWRP or root your device.

Also, if anyone has any other information that needs to be added to this let me know so I can include it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgflashtool.png
Views:	60484
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	3739194  
Attached Files
File Type: rar LGFlashTool_patched.rar - [Click for QR Code] (307.3 KB, 123056 views)
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to ieatacid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ieatacid Ad-Free

3rd May 2016, 07:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks for patching this! It'll be valuable for the life of our devices so we are all grateful that you were able to figure it out.

I've used the FlashTool in the past to restore my LG G3. Are we able to flash individual parts of a TOT or KDZ such as a custom recovery without affecting the other parts like /system?

Didn't @tungkick use a custom TOT to root the V10?
3rd May 2016, 07:08 PM |#3  
Flag Castelvetro di Modena
Thanks Meter: 474

More
@ieatacid
Just re-upped https://mega.nz/#!qdATRIRC!g926R6P4W...4PDZoxjjZIvDok

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjuna)

Thanks for patching this! It'll be valuable for the life of our devices so we are all grateful that you were able to figure it out.

I've used the FlashTool in the past to restore my LG G3. Are we able to flash individual parts of a TOT or KDZ such as a custom recovery without affecting the other parts like /system?

Didn't @tungkick use a custom TOT to root the V10?

For root permission on marshmallow you need a modified kernel which can boot only if the bootloader is unlocked.
In fact the modified tot on the V10 and the modified system.img on the G4 worked only on Lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to Killua96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Killua96 Ad-Free
3rd May 2016, 07:14 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

@ieatacid
Just re-upped https://mega.nz/#!qdATRIRC!g926R6P4W...4PDZoxjjZIvDok

For root permission on marshmallow you need a modified kernel which can boot only if the bootloader is unlocked.
In fact the modified tot on the V10 and the modified system.img on the G4 worked only on Lollipop.

On the T-Mobile G5 (H830) we have an unlockable bootloader, however we are unable to flash fastboot commands. Otherwise we would have been the first ones with root in the entire world (we got our phones delivered before almost everyone else).

Can we use this tool to flash a modified kernel?

Edit: for clarification wasn't trying to be annoying or snipe at you; just informing in case you didn't know about our unique situation.
3rd May 2016, 07:20 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

On the T-Mobile G5 (H830) we have an unlockable bootloader, however we are unable to flash fastboot commands. Otherwise we would have been the first ones with root in the entire world (we got our phones delivered before almost everyone else).

Can we use this tool to flash a modified kernel?

Edit: for clarification wasn't trying to be annoying or snipe at you; just informing in case you didn't know about our unique situation.

The point is, the H830's "unlockable" bootloader is really "unlockable"? If commands don't work maybe the bootloader is still locked, even if it reports "unlocked"
3rd May 2016, 07:26 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

The point is, the H830's "unlockable" bootloader is really "unlockable"? If commands don't work maybe the bootloader is still locked, even if it reports "unlocked"

You might very well be correct in that we have a "fake" unlockable bootloader. However, when Team Codefire released their video showing Root/TWRP they did so with a T-Mobile G5 leading me to think that they were using an unlocked device. I could be totally wrong but seems like not a stretch that they used that device for that reason.

Is it conceptually possible to use the tool to achieve root. I do not have the expertise or knowledge to know if that's even a possibility.
3rd May 2016, 07:34 PM |#7  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatacid

Also, if anyone has any other information that needs to be added to this let me know so I can include it.

Original LG Flash Tool (thanks @Killua96): https://mega.nz/#!qdATRIRC!g926R6P4W...4PDZoxjjZIvDok

Great Job !!!!!

The MAY MAN
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfgart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wolfgart Ad-Free
3rd May 2016, 07:40 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

You might very well be correct in that we have a "fake" unlockable bootloader. However, when Team Codefire released their video showing Root/TWRP they did so with a T-Mobile G5 leading me to think that they were using an unlocked device. I could be totally wrong but seems like not a stretch that they used that device for that reason.

Is it conceptually possible to use the tool to achieve root. I do not have the expertise or knowledge to know if that's even a possibility.

I think that team codefire's method don't use the "fake" unlockable bootloader, but maybe some types of exploit like on G2 and G3
3rd May 2016, 11:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
add donation button,- your paypal address,
Dear all, do not just say thanks, make a donation for ieatacid,
The Following User Says Thank You to asialove2013 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asialove2013 Ad-Free
3rd May 2016, 11:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asialove2013

add donation button,- your paypal address,
Dear all, do not just say thanks, make a donation for ieatacid,

It's true man I agree allow us to reward the effort

Sent from my LG-H830 using XDA-Developers mobile app
3rd May 2016, 11:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
thanks again, donation send
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatacid

Dear sir,

Thanks! please accept my knees and a cup of coffee.

https://img.xda-cdn.com/ERHTl5hpHXTK8h2YnVyf3mcQ5lo=/http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D3739269%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1462315367
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paypal.JPG
Views:	17336
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	3739269  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asialove2013 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asialove2013 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)