FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Should we re-partition /system for /vendor to be able to go treble and GSI?

Yes.

130 Vote(s)
94.20%
No.

8 Vote(s)
5.80%

[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-15.1 for G5

1,536 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,387

Post Reply Email Thread

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
  • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
  • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
  • Do NOT be rude.
  • Respect all users.
  • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

Known items
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet
  • Other known issues (same as OFFICIAL too):
    • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...0&postcount=12
    • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
    • Enabling ADB Debugging in development setting can cause a kernel crash. If you are quick and press OK right away, it will take and still crash. On reboot, it will be enabled.

Install
  • You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
  • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
  • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
  • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
  • Magisk if you choose
  • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
  • Reboot and wait....

Bugs
If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I have a rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
  • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • LineageOS Team
  • @Rashed97 for continuing

Downloads
ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date and variant)
Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1

Sources
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free

20th June 2018, 07:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
What is not working or problematic
What is not working or still wonky:
  • Encryption -- Works.
  • USB OTG -- Should be working.
  • Ambient display -- Disabled now.
  • Livedisplay -- Should be working.
  • IR will work, then timeout, then work again.
  • Video recording -- Should be working. Works sometimes, appears to record, but playing back audio is at the beginning, video at the end, and the duration is messed up.
  • 5g tether -- Not working still.
  • No FM driver.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 07:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 08:03 PM |#4  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 213

Donate to Me
More
Does this contain any specific kernel fixes from you or Rashed? Latest one doesn't seem too great for battery
20th June 2018, 08:35 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye2000

Does this contain any specific kernel fixes from you or Rashed? Latest one doesn't seem too great for battery

This is my current pick list. Everything is in gerrit, some not merged yet. The EAS portion is helpful with the EAS additions to the kernel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 03:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
@x86cpu Yes, my friend! I'll soon close down my thread in favor of this one. Official status soon, tally-ho!

Tapatalk を使用して私の LG-RS988 から送信
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NextDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NextDroid Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 05:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
I'm just wondering, at what point does Lineage get Official status for a device?
21st June 2018, 05:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt420

I'm just wondering, at what point does Lineage get Official status for a device?

Code:
Make sure your device meets the following requirements:
  • Full hardware support - Everything that is supported by stock must be supported in LineageOS.
NOTE: We are willing to make exceptions to this rule, however, any exceptions will be per device, and issues must be detailed in full.
  • Stability - Nothing should crash. LineageOS has a reputation for stability and your port must be rock-solid.
  • No overclocking/overvolting - Don’t alter clocks/voltages outside of the manufacturer’s default ranges.
  • Enforcing SELinux - The device must work while SELinux is enforcing (which is the default).
  • No non-PIE blobs - If your device requires executables which aren’t position-independent, it will not be accepted.
Maintainer Make sure you meet the following requirements:
  • Continued support - Ask yourself: “Do I want to provide continuous support?” - LineageOS is not a “submit it and forget it” home. You need to be willing to continue maintaining the device by fixing bugs, applying security updates and eventually improving performance.
Making your device official NOTE: Once you have successfully submitted your device, you will be given access to our internal tools (e.g. team chat, cve tracker, …) to help maintain your device and coordinate development of LineageOS. You only need to worry about these steps once you’ve been given access to them. The following steps are necessary to finally make your device an official one:
  • Patch it: Make sure the kernel is patched against all applicable CVEs.
  • Prepare all the info: Add your device to the wiki.
  • Make it build: Create a patch for the hudson project on our GitHub org and add your device to the lineage_build_targets file.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/submitting_device.html

What we're stuck on is full hardware support, if anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to NextDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NextDroid Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 06:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
question about screen burn
hi, I was wondering what you suggest to do to avoid screen burn after flashing this rom on a h830? I dont see a "screen" option in kernel auditor. Is there some settings I can change in display? thank you.
21st June 2018, 07:17 PM |#10  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 213

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfrecell

hi, I was wondering what you suggest to do to avoid screen burn after flashing this rom on a h830? I dont see a "screen" option in kernel auditor. Is there some settings I can change in display? thank you.

Kcal needs to be implemented into the kernel for that
The Following User Says Thank You to Kye2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kye2000 Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 07:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye2000

Kcal needs to be implemented into the kernel for that

Could you please point me to the right direction to install or patch my kernel with kcal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)