Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.
These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.
- BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
- Builds are done periodically (see download below)
- Do NOT be rude.
- Respect all users.
- Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.
- VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet
- Other known issues (same as OFFICIAL too):
- WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...0&postcount=12
- 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
- Enabling ADB Debugging in development setting can cause a kernel crash. If you are quick and press OK right away, it will take and still crash. On reboot, it will be enabled.
- You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
- Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
- Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
- Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
- Magisk if you choose
- Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
- Reboot and wait....
If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I have a rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.
- Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
- LineageOS Team
- @Rashed97 for continuing
ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date and variant)
Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1