KDZ-File: H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Complete: LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Boot: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Boot.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Bootloader: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Bootloader.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Modem: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Modem.zip (MD5)
Patch level: 1 September 2018
Software version: V30a-EUR-XX
- Android Oreo
Upgrade from Android 7 and root using TWRP and Magisk
- Do backups! Expect to lose your apps and settings!
- Get the required imgages:
- H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz from above --> store it on your HDD.
- twrp-3.2.3-2-h850.img --> HDD
- Magisk 17.1 ZIP file. Copy it to your G5's SD card.
- the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip from above --> SD-Card.
- Optional: You can additionally download the MD5 file which is being used by TWRP to verify the ZIP file (simply place it in the same folder like the ZIP).
- As a safety measure, I'd clean upgrade with the stock KDZ first using LG UP. This will replace also recovery to stock. If successful, you can continue.
- Unlock the bootloader (if not already unlocked) as described here with the official bootloader unlock and flash TWRP. TWRP 3.2.3-2 worked for me. Boot into TWRP as described.
- Optional: Do a backup in TWRP.
- Format Data: "Wipe" > "Format Data" > type "yes". Wipe slider wipe is not enough!
- Go back until you see the TWRP main screen. Then Reboot into Recovery. Don't start into System!
- Flash / Install the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip and Magisk-v17.1.zip without reboot inbetween.
- Reboot to System
To build the ZIPs I used parts of autoprime's previous files. Thx again!
Disclaimer: This is not an official post by LG to update the firmware! Don't blame me if you destroy your phone. If you use these files and instructions you do it at your own risk!