Incompatible Google Apps - Phone (Dialer) and Contacts

Search This thread

btothec

May 11, 2011
There is a version of the phone app I found here that did work. Someone on xda had to modify it to work however it did work fine.

roc342

Jul 16, 2007
roc342
How can we make Google dialer our default Phone App?

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Found the answer

Goto Settings > Apps > *Touch the 3 dots in the top right corner* and select Configure Apps > Default Apps > Phone App > *Select the Google Dialer. It will be listed as simply "Phone"

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Found the answer

Goto Settings > Apps > *Touch the 3 dots in the top right corner* and select Configure Apps > Default Apps > Phone App > *Select the Google Dialer. It will be listed as simply "Phone"

Reactions: latino147

am5i5

Sep 26, 2014
Rome

Thanks dh3lix.
I have no problem with the latest google-contacts (2.0.10)
but
I cannot install the Google Phone App 10.1.xx & 9.0.155139499 (This app isn't incompatible...)

What's the latest good version for a stock G5?
Thx

ramqashou

Mar 25, 2015
Reactions: am5i5

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Today I setup my LG G5 (European, unlocked), unfortunately I could not install two of the official Google apps: phone (dialer) and contacts.
The google play store lists those two apps as incompatible. I have tried to install the APKs (http://apkleecher.net/download/com.google.android.dialer/.apk.html) directly with unknown sources enabled, but it did not work.
Did anyone find a solution?

If your bootloader is unlocked, you can simply flash the aroma GApps via TWRP. No need to mess around with APKs.

I did that and afterwards deinstalled all LG apps. With the Pixel theme, my phone almost looks like a Pixel now.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Today I setup my LG G5 (European, unlocked), unfortunately I could not install two of the official Google apps: phone (dialer) and contacts.
The google play store lists those two apps as incompatible. I have tried to install the APKs (http://apkleecher.net/download/com.google.android.dialer/.apk.html) directly with unknown sources enabled, but it did not work.
Did anyone find a solution?

Both apps are Google phones only (Pixel/Nexus). The contacts app this week was opened up to all devices, the Google dialer is still Google only. There are many tweaked versions of the dialer app that you can download (see other replies) but they may not be fully functional. Usually, things like the search nearby or spam filter do not work, this is due to additional google libraries are needed. If you have root you can flash these.

Top Liked Posts