FORUMS

LG G5 - Any Boot Looping Issues?

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By Illmatic662, Member on 13th May 2016, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I have a question about this, I had an LG G4 that had the Boot Loop error which occurred in the last week of January, long story short, has anyone had these problems with this new model? I know they' must have fixed this, but the biggest reason I'm asking this is the LG G5 Unlocked RS988 that is being sold here on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Unlocked-Ph...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

So far has had a couple of reviews and two people have complained about the boot looping issue, I'm not sure if they're trolling or what, but I figured I'd speak to owners thus far since it's been over a month since it's been released. Really considering this as well as the HTC 10 and S7 Edge as my next device, thanks guys.
13th May 2016, 03:22 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
no troll.

I bought mine April 1st (Sprint LS992) and it started boot looping a few days ago and finally died completely. I sent it off to LG yesterday to be fixed.
13th May 2016, 05:44 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg

no troll.

I bought mine April 1st (Sprint LS992) and it started boot looping a few days ago and finally died completely. I sent it off to LG yesterday to be fixed.

Damn dude, this is insane.

When I had this happen to my G4 I was convinced they wouldn't allow this to happen again, this is concerning.
13th May 2016, 09:50 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg

no troll.

I bought mine April 1st (Sprint LS992) and it started boot looping a few days ago and finally died completely. I sent it off to LG yesterday to be fixed.

Really no troll ? I hope is it
13th May 2016, 12:33 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoKaTSuYa

Really no troll ? I hope is it

I wish. they gave me "about 8-9 days" turn-around so good thing my rooted G3 is still working.

I actually really like my G5. It doesn't appear to be running much bloat and pretty much everything can be disabled through the OS so even though I havent been able to root it I haven't missed it much now that there's a new ad blocker that creates a local vpn for filtering. I like the screen size more than the G3. Only reason I got it was the screen on my G3 cracked somehow (although the glass screen protector over it did not ). The G5 screen is REALLY easy to replace and I liked that too...although it looks like now, you can buy a new G3 screen already installed in a new frame so all you have to do is move the electronics to a new phone body which you can buy on Amazon for about $60... I like both phones but if the screen on my G3 didn't crack (and the G3 is rootable) I probably wouldn't have bothered with a G5.
13th May 2016, 09:16 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg

I wish. they gave me "about 8-9 days" turn-around so good thing my rooted G3 is still working.

I actually really like my G5. It doesn't appear to be running much bloat and pretty much everything can be disabled through the OS so even though I havent been able to root it I haven't missed it much now that there's a new ad blocker that creates a local vpn for filtering. I like the screen size more than the G3. Only reason I got it was the screen on my G3 cracked somehow (although the glass screen protector over it did not ). The G5 screen is REALLY easy to replace and I liked that too...although it looks like now, you can buy a new G3 screen already installed in a new frame so all you have to do is move the electronics to a new phone body which you can buy on Amazon for about $60... I like both phones but if the screen on my G3 didn't crack (and the G3 is rootable) I probably wouldn't have bothered with a G5.

Did you notice any overheating before the boot looping occurred?

That's what started happening to me with the G4 prior to it Boot Looping.
13th May 2016, 09:50 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic662

Did you notice any overheating before the boot looping occurred?

That's what started happening to me with the G4 prior to it Boot Looping.

Nope. Not even warm. Just hung and started rebooting. Then kept hanging in different stages of rebooting - sometimes it would come all the way up into home screen, other times it would get to asking me for my password during boot, and sometimes it would hang on the Sprint logo. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. First time it happened after 6 or 7 reboots it just finished booting and worked normally after. Several hours later same exact behavior except this time the last time screen went dark as if it was starting another reboot and never came back. Tried pulling battery, pulling sim card/SD card, and even the spare battery that was fully charged - no signs of life since.

LG got it today so we'll see.
16th May 2016, 05:41 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg

Nope. Not even warm. Just hung and started rebooting. Then kept hanging in different stages of rebooting - sometimes it would come all the way up into home screen, other times it would get to asking me for my password during boot, and sometimes it would hang on the Sprint logo. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. First time it happened after 6 or 7 reboots it just finished booting and worked normally after. Several hours later same exact behavior except this time the last time screen went dark as if it was starting another reboot and never came back. Tried pulling battery, pulling sim card/SD card, and even the spare battery that was fully charged - no signs of life since.

LG got it today so we'll see.

Your experience mirrors mine. I had this happen to me last night in exactly the same way. I've opened a case with AT&T and they're sending me a warranty replacement.
16th May 2016, 07:57 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyurf

Your experience mirrors mine. I had this happen to me last night in exactly the same way. I've opened a case with AT&T and they're sending me a warranty replacement.

Wow, a lot of people now are starting to show up about this, I saw two posts this morning it makes me hesitant to pick this up now.

I'm starting to wonder if this boot looping issue could be associated with LG's software?
16th May 2016, 10:30 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic662

Wow, a lot of people now are starting to show up about this, I saw two posts this morning it makes me hesitant to pick this up now.

I'm starting to wonder if this boot looping issue could be associated with LG's software?

I'm currently under the impression that this is a hardware issue. I've never had a software problem cause my phone to become completely unresponsive like this. It doesn't even react to being plugged in to charge (no charging LED comes on, display stays completely off).
16th May 2016, 11:18 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyurf

I'm currently under the impression that this is a hardware issue. I've never had a software problem cause my phone to become completely unresponsive like this. It doesn't even react to being plugged in to charge (no charging LED comes on, display stays completely off).

The thing is, this happened on the G3 (not much) the G4 (Prominently) and now on the G5. I can't see it being a hardware issue since all of these phones from a hardware perspective are all different from one another. I'm just wondering if it's some type of glitch in LG's UI or something. If it is hardware related maybe it's related to cooling? It's tough to say for sure, until someone really investigates this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes