7 Vote(s)
15.56%
It is easy to follow but not working

7 Vote(s)
15.56%
Neither it is working nor it is easy

5 Vote(s)
11.11%

[Guide] LG G5 Back to Life [Download mode] [LG Flash tool] [Unknown model in LGUP]

399 posts
Thanks Meter: 337

Post Reply Email Thread
Overview::
Well, something bad happened to my phone (H830), then LGUP said unknown device. I tried many tools, different KDZ but all went failed

What Actually happened in my case:

I had mm stock 10d ROM then I upgraded to 20a using LGUP KDZ method by using uppercut trick. I wanted to enjoy Fulmics 1.5 (for my H830), but was newbie so had no idea about rooting it and installing (Because all available guides were actually complexed or I was impatient to read other things except main procedure). So I did something strange and Fulmics was installed over 20a ROM, because I was unable to wipe internal storage due to that decryption thing.
So I thought, I should go back to stock by using LGUP and retry the procedure with more focus. This time LGUP didn’t know my phone, not with that uppercut too. I thought that’s because I unlocked bootloader and must first try to lock it, and try again with LGUP. I retried with locked bootloader and failed again.

(Remember, LGUP or any other tool have nothing to do with back to stock thing. You can go back to stock whether you are bootloader locked or unlocked, it has no power of stopping you.)

Possible Cases:
So I will not waste the time. Possible cases:
1: LG G5 stuck on download mode and it is now not being recognized by LGUP and you can’t do anything, because no other tool is available.
2: You installed a custom ROM and now LGUP is not recognizing it. You want to go back to stock and can’t do it.
3: Anything bad happened during flashing process, PC restarted, phone went off or whatever. And now you can’t bring it back to life.
¬ Or
Other cases you faced.

Read 4th post before proceeding,

Before asking a question, first, see FAQ in 3rd post. In that way you can save a lot of time.

For Video Guide refer to 4th Post

Things You need:
1: LG UP
2: Uppercut
3: Drivers
4: Stock ROM for your device.
All Herehttps://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...iants-t3511295
5 : LG Flash tool (the one used to bring LG G2, G3 back to stock).
I used 20a KDZ because I had it already and it was nougat with vulnerability to root and flash TWRP.
6: LG Firmware extract tool
In 2nd post

Most tools can be found in attachments of 2nd post.

Process:

First:
Uninstall all other tool, previous driver (including other phone’s too). Restart PC
Just to avoid problems. I tried this process many times on Windows 10 64-bit and it always worked for me. So it has no problems with new Windows OS.
Now follow procedure in exact order.

1: Install LG drivers.

Put Phone in download
(Hold Vol+ and connect to PC while it was powered off).
Wait until it finishes installing drivers. Change COM Port to 41.

com

( Refer here for changing this, If you can’t understand that.)

Now DC it from PC and keep it staying in Download mode.

2: Install LG Flash tool and copy megalock.dll to installation directory or it won’t work.

LG Flash tool
MG

MGG

3: Install LGH-H830_DLL, LGH850_DLL and LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.

4: Extract LG Firmware Extract and copy Stock KDZ to that folder.

5: Run WindowsLGFirmwareExtract.exe

firm
A: Click on “KDZ file” open and select stock KDZ.

Ext

B: Mark File Name. It will select all files. Click on extract KDZ button. Wait till finished. Now quit the program.

Firmware

6: Run LG Flash tool. Select Manual mode. Click “…” for dll and select LGUPc.dll from that KDZ extracted folder.

A: Click on add button of S/W, Select “All Files” from pop up window. Now ““.KDZ”” file will be shown, select that ““.KDZ”” file, press open button, click on “OK”

Select Kdz

After Selection Kdz

B: Begin download by pressing that big “Yellow Right Arrow”. Wait until it finishes loading.

Step 1 begin

C: Connect phone when LG Flash tool says “Waiting for connection”. Make sure phone is in download mode and COM port is 41.
D: After a while it should fail the process, that’s fine. Just DC Phone, do not turn it off.

Step Fail

7: Exit LG Flash tool and Run it again. Select Manual Mode. This time select LGUP_H830.dll (Select as per your model e.g H850.dll for International variant) from LGUP
(Download it from 2nd post, then extract and select as dll for this step only.)

Folder. On S/W section first click on “Remove All” to erase old selected KDZ from tool and select “.DZ” (not “.KDZ”) as S/W from extracted KDZ ROM.

Sttep 2

Step 2 b

A: Press ok, Select on big “Yellow right arrow”. This will be loaded quickly. Connect the phone again. This time the process will get started. Wait till it gets completed.

step begin

Pro1

Note: This flashing process will go up to 150% so don’t get nervous or don’t DC phone.

Step 2

pass

B: Phone will be restarted automatically. A big “2” will be shown. Wait till it gets converted into “3” and tool will say pass.
if so pull battery and start phone normally.
Or
If it is not converted into 3: Happened to me for first time.
(First Quit LG Flash tool)
Pull battery, reboot again into download mode. Run Uppercut, say “Yes” to consent, LGUP will be started automatically, Now LGUP will recognize the phone. Click on upgrade, Press “…” and browse stock KDZ ROM and select “.KDZ” stock ROM (not “.DZ”)

Select Upgrade because Refurbish won't work with uppercut.

Press Start. Download will get started. Wait until it finishes. Now Your Phone is back to life.

Ask If anything wrong happened, I will try my best to help. I used this method on my device, LG G5 T-Mobile variant AKA H830. It should work for others.
Hit Thanks, if I helped you.
If I forgot to give credit to anyone who is related with these tools, please let me know and I will be happy to name them.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
1st March 2017, 01:42 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missing

More
Attachments. See below.
LGUP_H830.dll is for H830 variant only. You need .dll file specified for your variant.
LGUP_H850.dll --> Here
Either Download files from Attachments or Use MEGA mirror

DLL for other Variants
To get dll for other models please refer here
(This doesn't have dll for all G5 variants but should ease to some users) (Huge thanks to @codefire for awesome website)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG FlashTool.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.28 MB, 18734 views)
File Type: zip LG Firmware Extract 1.2.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 15170 views)
File Type: zip UPPERCUT_1.0.0.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.08 MB, 11026 views)
File Type: zip LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.65 MB, 12992 views)
File Type: zip Revised LGUP_H830.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 7894 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
1st March 2017, 01:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missing

More
FAQ
  • I got confused on which Flash tool to use and with this megalock stuff?
Ans: Thanks, you asked, Just download LG Flash Tool attached in 2nd post, unzip, install tool, there will be a megalock.dll too, copy that to installation folder (by default that's "C:\LG\LGFlashTool") and overwrite, (written in install.instructions too inside zip).
  • This method isn't working for me, what shall I do?
Ans: The possible reasons, for that not working, might be,
A: You didn't installed drivers properly, try uninstalling old drivers and restarting after that.
B: LG COM PORT isn't set to COM41, here is guide for that.
C: And Most important, You are not following steps in the order in which they are written, so read carefully.
  • I followed the method and now my phone is totally live but now I want to root my device and have TWRP, so I can have full freedom with this phone. Can you give me any thread for that?
Ans: Nice question. There's a lots of nice threads out there here's a thread currently covering H830 only but you are welcomed to try this on H850 and let me know if this works so that I can update the thread.
  • Can I lock my bootloader again so I can take OTA updates?
Ans: First of all, always remember, bootloader has nothing to do with OTA. It means that if your phone is flashed with stock rom without any root or TWRP and bootloader is unlocked, you can take OTA uodates without any brick. So there is no connection between OTA and bootloader.
But if you still want to lock bootloader, here's the process. Make sure drivers are installed and minimal adb & fastboot is installed too.

Take battery out, put it back, hold vol- and connect phone to pc with data cable, it will boot into fastboot. Enter command in adb & fastboot cmd windows,
Code:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot
Your phone will now try to boot into system, if stock rom is installed phone will boot without any issue else you will have to flash stock kdz again.
  • Where I can download stock KDZ or dll for my LG Phone (other than G5)
Ans: Most LG Phone KDZs can be found at this website.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
1st March 2017, 01:42 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missing

More
First of All:
After Flashing let me know about your experience by answering the poll, this will help me in updating this post. Also tell me about you experience in comments.
Disclaimer:

Before proceeding, remember I’m not responsible for anything bad happened to your device by following this or any of my guide. I’m just trying to help. So always do it on your own risk…
Don’t blame me or Any other developer.
All tools here are developed by different personalities. I’m just providing a guide on using these tool. Always say thanks to me and them. And If possible, donate them. They really deserve it.
Thanks be to:
@AutoPrime for All.
@Hyelton for post on LG Flash tool.
@bullghost for lg firmware extractor.

YouTube video not being played directly here (as well). So here's a link to YouTube for that Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzEcyVwQiM

Video for tutorial:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 05:02 PM |#5  
Flag Pueblo
Thanks Meter: 336

More
megalocks.dll file?
I'm trying your method as described above but my issue into your explanation I can't locate the megalocks.dll file to put into the lg flash tool. lil help? I'm having issues with H830 being recognized in LGUP to flash back to stock. ok found it and downloaded it and dropped it into the flash tool folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to x.0ni.x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x.0ni.x Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 08:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I got a little confused on which Flash tool to use and with the megalock part but everything worked just as described. thank you for your help!!! I'm on a Tmo G5 (H830) and had no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatapia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatapia Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 10:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I followed all the steps. LGflashtool got stuck on 10 per cent and failed after 63sec. Same thing on LGbridge it got stuck on 10 per cent. And LGUP wouldnt recognise it. It's on com41. The phone is stuck in download mode. No recovery. What can I do please?
The Following User Says Thank You to isholay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isholay Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 06:38 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.0ni.x

I'm trying your method as described above but my issue into your explanation I can't locate the megalocks.dll file to put into the lg flash tool. lil help? I'm having issues with H830 being recognized in LGUP to flash back to stock. ok found it and downloaded it and dropped it into the flash tool folder.

Is it fixed? If not you can download flash tool from 2nd post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 06:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Missing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isholay

I followed all the steps. LGflashtool got stuck on 10 per cent and failed after 63sec. Same thing on LGbridge it got stuck on 10 per cent. And LGUP wouldnt recognise it. It's on com41. The phone is stuck in download mode. No recovery. What can I do please?

Have you followed it as described. You have to do the process 2 times with lg flash tool and after that with lgup (only if you stuck with big 2).
Please read care-fully..
Tell me if it worked or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dksoni411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dksoni411 Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 07:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksoni411

Have you followed it as described. You have to do the process 2 times with lg flash tool and after that with lgup (only if you stuck with big 2).
Please read care-fully..

Finally, it has come back to life. I retried it using LGflashtool but this time I used stock Nougat rom for Vofadone UK cos my phone was simlocked to Vodafone UK. I was using MM rom for 3 Networt cos I wanted to install xposed framework which aint compatible with Nougat.
Thanks to everyone who helped to make my phone come back to life esp the created of this thread.
12th March 2017, 03:28 PM |#11  
Flag Pueblo
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksoni411

Please read care-fully..

I tried your process 4 times to no avail. my computer can't recognize the device. I'm done trying. Thanks for trying to help. But I'm just gonna sell it on ebay for like $200 as a damaged device. I've tried everything and I don't need the stress of rooting anymore. this phone did it in for me and rooting devices. Anyone want a H830 for the low price of $200? i kid! BUt ya selling this thing. thanks guys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
back to stock, lg g5, lg g5 dead, stuck at download, unknown model in lgup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)