[EXPERIMENTAL] Full ADB Root, System RW, and DM-VERITY Off for ALL G5's!!!

Search This thread

Azeem Shah

Nov 14, 2015
Lahore
I wanna root????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-25-09-30-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-01-25-09-30-20.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,239
Reactions: SpanksD

Virgus

Feb 8, 2019
Question from a novice about LG G5 from HKG

Hello,
hope somebody could tell me if rooting an HKG version of LG G5 has been accomplished successfully.
My G5 H860N (the dual sim version) has Android 7.0 and SW ver. V20f-HKG-XX Kernel 3.18.31

Besides of rooting I'd like to flash LineageOS hopefully, but I never did it before so I'd like advise from experts.
Has anybody managed to switch the camera mode on LineageOS?

Thanks for any help you might give me,
V.

Last edited:

aptalherif1

Jan 3, 2015
can i install recme internal audio recording plugin with this and enable internal audio recording ? its root only software ?

anger51

Aug 7, 2019
Zip File not accesible

Anyone here has the zip file? I was trying to root my LG G5 but couldn't proceed as the zip file is missing .... thanks in advance!

YairHa

Dec 16, 2018
Someone sucss make root to LG G5 - H850 non EU version?
I have H850 Israeli version did it will work android version 6.0.1 kernel version 3.18.20 Build number MMB29M
tnx and have a great day

[Q0UOTE=tusker;70447324]Hi guys,

OK, I have managed to get LGUP to recognize the phone.

1) Load up regedit, and put in a "default" model: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LG Electronics\LGUP\Model
a) Add DLL_PATH String and choose one of the DLLs that you have installed
b) Add MODEL_NAME String and choose your model, ie, H850
2) Load up LGUP with UPPERCUT and with your phone plugged in, and it should detect as what you put in MODEL_NAME.
3) Disconnect the USB, and then reconnect. Wait about 30 seconds, and then it should show the real model name
4) Click on Start, and it should allow you to flash your phone.

Cheers,

Damien[/QUOTE]

*#546368#*xxx#.... So *#546368#*992#

So it is nougat compatible! now we need to approve that it works every device with nougat!
I think we should make a comparability list, like

For example
Hi guys,

OK, I have managed to get LGUP to recognize the phone.

1) Load up regedit, and put in a "default" model: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LG Electronics\LGUP\Model
a) Add DLL_PATH String and choose one of the DLLs that you have installed
b) Add MODEL_NAME String and choose your model, ie, H850
2) Load up LGUP with UPPERCUT and with your phone plugged in, and it should detect as what you put in MODEL_NAME.
3) Disconnect the USB, and then reconnect. Wait about 30 seconds, and then it should show the real model name
4) Click on Start, and it should allow you to flash your phone.

Cheers,

Damien

Yep, the aboot partition checks to see which bottom you are running. I flashed to H850 aboot to my device, so I got the same error. My H850 bottom should be here within the week, so I'll let you know how it works for me :D

Hi all, I have a question regarding where the bootloader lives. After reading through the thread, it seems that a couple of people have successfully gotten KDZ files associated with the H850 model onto their H860 phones using different modules/bottoms and tricking LGUP by tweaking the Windows registry. Once that KDZ is flashed successfully, does that mean that the device is now bootloader unlockable using the H850 method? At that point, is it effectively an H850 with slightly different hardware? I suspect not, and that the bootloader is a lower level structure and persists despite any flashing, but I just wanted to check here for confirmation.

As always, thanks for all the hard work.

Short answer, no. If you look back some comments, @honnestly Annoying exactly did that on his sprint lg g5 and still can't unlock his bootloader the "normal" way.

una consulta gente del foro, disculpe que escriba castellano, no se nada casi nada de ingles, le hago una consulta este método funcionaria para un h850ar?porque lo he intentado y termino en triangulo rojo siempre.muchas gracias

My brother went to turkey for job he bought me g5 when he was returning.i need to root my tr model g5 but i didn't find it anywhere .i have got samsung gear s and i want to pair it with my h850tr .about this problem:first of all i need to change the name h850tr to samsung i9000 vs.But it needs bootloader.i hate using phone without root because of there are 40 app in phone but 30 of them are unnecessary.It makes phone slower.i did not know that tr models are unstable about :)this.sorry about my english it is little bit imperfect

ohhhh ,, this Topic is life saving if root works good without problems (SD+Camera+Lag) , or if works on android 7 ..

waiting updates !!! thanks man ..

if you need testers , i have H850 non EU , bootloader locked, antirollback 0,

30$ for gaining full working root / bootloader unlock on non EU H850 via paypal.

Nope.
This is already known. The problem is we have a locked bootloader, hence can't do anything before we find a way to unlock it

Sent from my LG-H850 using XDA Labs

Someone sucss make root to LG G5 - H850 non EU version?
I have H850 Israeli version did it will work android version 6.0.1 kernel version 3.18.20 Build number MMB29M
tnx and have a great day

Last edited:

ronnay ryukay

Dec 28, 2018
Has anyone successfully rooted the F700L? and modify it to H830 or H850 perfectly, so that F700L can use Custom ROM?

dcd1997

Jan 23, 2017
H
UPDATE Thanks to @thjubeck for testing this, it seems that this userdebug kernel actually works on all devices running antirollback v0 and running Marshmallow! I only have the Sprint variant, so be careful!!! Enjoy root guys :D

A bit of a disclaimer is that this is root through adb. dm-verity is off and system is rw, so you can install apps as root, get a hotspot hack to work, and anything through a shell but I am having trouble installing SuperSU. Please try yourself though as I am probably doing something wrong! If there are any bugs you have found please post them, as this phone is my backup and not my daily driver.

So okay, here is the guide:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WAY TO GO BACK INCASE THINGS GO WRONG. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THIS WITHOUT HAVING A KDZ/TOT FOR YOUR DEVICE THAT YOU KNOW YOU CAN FLASH BACK TO. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THINGS GOING WRONG.

Here is the fix for LGUP

1. Download this zip
2. Install Terminal Emulator from the Play Store
(This is modified from the V20 bootloader unlock, HUGE thanks to all of those devs for sharing their dirtysanta code with me and allowing me to modify it!)
3. Copy all the files from inside the "dirtysanta-boot" and paste it into your active ADB directory
4. Plug your device into the computer and verify ADB is working. Then;

On Windows, double-click "RUNMEFIRST.bat, DO NOT CLOSE THE LOG WINDOW THAT OPENS, then double-click "Step1.bat"

On Linux/MacOS ("#" Signifies a comment below)
Code:
./RUNMEFIRST.sh
# OR
bash ./RUNMEFIRST.sh

Open a Separate Terminal next to the RUNMEFIRST terminal, then type:
Code:
./Step1.sh
# OR
bash ./Step1.sh

(When you run The sh or Bat files there may be a Permission denied error on 2 files: Flatland and Flatland64. This is normal and nothing to worry about.)

5. Wait for a shell prompt, then type (or copy):
Code:
run-as con
chmod 0777 /storage/emulated/0/*
6. Open Up Terminal Emulator on your phone
Type:
Code:
id
Check if context is "Untrusted_app". If it is then we're good to go!

7. Type into Terminal Emulator:
Code:
applypatch /system/bin/atd /storage/emulated/0/dirtysanta

8. Watch the RUNMEFIRST dialog for when it tells you to run Step2 (we don't have a step 2)
9. Reboot the phone into recovery mode and wipe data again
BOOM! Now the you have a userdebug kernel running on a userdebug system :D Time to turn off dm-verity, otherwise you will have a red triangle on reboot (Your device is corrupt. It cannot be trusted and may not boot) and cannot edit /system.

1. Finish setting up the phone and enable USB Debugging in developer options (you should know how to do this)
2. Plug the phone into your computer, and run these commands
Code:
adb root
adb disable-verity

3. Reboot the phone
4. Run
Code:
adb root
adb shell
mount -o rw,remount,rw /system

Bam. Enjoy your FULL UNLIMITED root shell with system set to rw and dm-verity off!!! Just make sure to type "adb root" before "adb shell"
If you ever want to go back, just flash your stock TOT/KDZ with UPPERCUT and you'll be all good!

BUY ME A PIZZA FOR THE HARD WORK: BTC 197ct1uti4zutJu76bYAW51H8NZ6zXeoEV PayPal: honestlyannoying@gmail.com

@tungkick for the userdebug boot and helping me with the ZV4 TOTs
@autoprime for UPPERCUT
@me2151 @glitschi667 @EMSpilot @elliwigy for their AMAZING work on the V20 and sharing their code!
Hi, the ZIP file cannot be downloaded. Can you try reuploading it? I am willing to try on my LG G5 Verizon VS987 as I have successfully rooted my old V20 H990DS. So, please help upload/send me the file so I can give more updates.

zee™

Aug 1, 2022

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE Thanks to @thjubeck for testing this, it seems that this userdebug kernel actually works on all devices running antirollback v0 and running Marshmallow! I only have the Sprint variant, so be careful!!! Enjoy root guys :D

A bit of a disclaimer is that this is root through adb. dm-verity is off and system is rw, so you can install apps as root, get a hotspot hack to work, and anything through a shell but I am having trouble installing SuperSU. Please try yourself though as I am probably doing something wrong! If there are any bugs you have found please post them, as this phone is my backup and not my daily driver.

So okay, here is the guide:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WAY TO GO BACK INCASE THINGS GO WRONG. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THIS WITHOUT HAVING A KDZ/TOT FOR YOUR DEVICE THAT YOU KNOW YOU CAN FLASH BACK TO. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THINGS GOING WRONG.

Here is the fix for LGUP

1. Download this zip
    2. Install Terminal Emulator from the Play Store
    (This is modified from the V20 bootloader unlock, HUGE thanks to all of those devs for sharing their dirtysanta code with me and allowing me to modify it!)
    3. Copy all the files from inside the "dirtysanta-boot" and paste it into your active ADB directory
    4. Plug your device into the computer and verify ADB is working. Then;

On Windows, double-click "RUNMEFIRST.bat, DO NOT CLOSE THE LOG WINDOW THAT OPENS, then double-click "Step1.bat"

On Linux/MacOS ("#" Signifies a comment below)
    Code:
    ./RUNMEFIRST.sh
    # OR
    bash ./RUNMEFIRST.sh

Open a Separate Terminal next to the RUNMEFIRST terminal, then type:
    Code:
    ./Step1.sh
    # OR
    bash ./Step1.sh

(When you run The sh or Bat files there may be a Permission denied error on 2 files: Flatland and Flatland64. This is normal and nothing to worry about.)

5. Wait for a shell prompt, then type (or copy):
    Code:
    run-as con
    chmod 0777 /storage/emulated/0/*
    6. Open Up Terminal Emulator on your phone
    Type:
    Code:
    id
    Check if context is "Untrusted_app". If it is then we're good to go!

7. Type into Terminal Emulator:
    Code:
    applypatch /system/bin/atd /storage/emulated/0/dirtysanta

8. Watch the RUNMEFIRST dialog for when it tells you to run Step2 (we don't have a step 2)
    9. Reboot the phone into recovery mode and wipe data again
    BOOM! Now the you have a userdebug kernel running on a userdebug system :D Time to turn off dm-verity, otherwise you will have a red triangle on reboot (Your device is corrupt. It cannot be trusted and may not boot) and cannot edit /system.

1. Finish setting up the phone and enable USB Debugging in developer options (you should know how to do this)
    2. Plug the phone into your computer, and run these commands
    Code:
    adb root
    adb disable-verity

3. Reboot the phone
    4. Run
    Code:
    adb root
    adb shell
    mount -o rw,remount,rw /system

Bam. Enjoy your FULL UNLIMITED root shell with system set to rw and dm-verity off!!! Just make sure to type "adb root" before "adb shell"
    If you ever want to go back, just flash your stock TOT/KDZ with UPPERCUT and you'll be all good!

BUY ME A PIZZA FOR THE HARD WORK: BTC 197ct1uti4zutJu76bYAW51H8NZ6zXeoEV PayPal: honestlyannoying@gmail.com

@tungkick for the userdebug boot and helping me with the ZV4 TOTs
    @autoprime for UPPERCUT
    @me2151 @glitschi667 @EMSpilot @elliwigy for their AMAZING work on the V20 and sharing their code!
    reopening this thread because there might be some things to test soon... for now just READ THE OP IT HAS ALL OF THE INFORMATION
    For all of those who have been following this, here is H850 fastboot on the LS992 :D

TO ANSWER A COUPLE QUESTION BEFORE THEY GET ASKED

1. NO. This is NOT an unlocked bootloader
    2. NO. I cannot just run "fastboot oem unlock". It isn't coded into the aboot.
    3. I needed to order the H850 bottom to get this to work, it will not boot without that.
    4. Again, NO. This is not an unlocked bootloader. I cannot stress that enough. However this brings us closer to getting either a bootloader workaround or other exploit, hopefully @autoprime and others can help with that.

96756ebf91.jpg
    for those who havent been keeping track.. Ive been batting a few ideas around over in the bounty thread. the main idea is switching back to the stock boot.img after making minimal system edits.. which gets you some mods and avoids any lag or weirdness from using the debug boot.img as your main kernel. Since it's not yet possible to run root apps.. xposed etc.. there's almost no reason to stay on the debug boot.img after changes are made.. unless you require a root shell all the time for whatever reason.

the other idea which hasnt been confirmed yet would be dual booting the debug boot img and the stock boot img using the boot and recovery partitions. then you could keep a "backdoor" to ADB root access without having to use the computer to switch between the stock and debug boot imgs. But even if dual boot doesnt work out.. going back to the stock boot img after some system edits is still possible.

The system mods I've confirmed working after going back to stock boot img are remounting system rw and back to ro. buildprop edits and hosts edits for adblocking. tether/hotspot-related apk/odex/framework edits will need to be tested next. what else are you all doing with ADB root? Need ideas for testing.

I suggest people use adb pm hide/disable to freeze and disable apps instead of deleting system apps. Deleting apps from system may stop the stock boot.img from working.. so adb pm hide/disable is the safe route for removing apps with the same end result... the app no longer running. Deleting apps from system doesnt save any space on your phone.. the system partition is always ~5GB.. whether you delete apps or not.

so ya... the posts with these ideas I mentioned above are:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70339753&postcount=580
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70340400&postcount=582
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70351899&postcount=584

until a method of getting supersu/su going and some of the debug boot img "buggyness" sorted.. making these system edits and going back to the stock boot.img is probably the most stable route. the next phase of this idea is people reporting what system changes still work after going back to the stock boot.img... which apk, odex, jar, binary etc you edited... etc. Then at the end of all this hopefully everyone has a nice list of edits to system that can be done while using the stock boot.img.. at least until a full root comes along.
    Why put the stuff here I hate what Xdas become everyones unhelpful you don't work together or help each other out and you guys treat boob's like crap..... I started a new profile to see if everyone complaining was right and they are if it's experimental and shouldn't be tried then don't put ROOT ABD ALL DEVICES ARE WORKING.... DOESNT MAKE MUCH SENSE ID PUT ADB ROOT MAY WORK SOME ALL or no DEVICES NOT WORK AT ALL... RIGHT... MIGHT MESS UP YOUR DEVICE!!! LOCK THE THREAD for big developers only... I mean it's only 799.99 down the ducking drain right no biggie. I COME AS COM 14 ON MY COMPUTER can I save it or do I throw the thing in the trash is all I asked

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I personally treat boobs very well. Just ask my wife.