My LG G5 half display glitches...

Search This thread

RohanDDXX

Jun 23, 2020
I don't have any warranty whatsoever... I bought this second hand... The thing is, half of the screen glitches a lot... It usually happens when the device warms up. Or When I try to use Camera, or try to watch videos.... I am not sure which particular piece of hardware is causing this issue. At first I thought its a software issue. I mirrored the screen to my PC and it works fine on the pc screen. But the half screen tears apart on the device.. Now do I need to change the Display or the motherboard? I notice the battery also drains a lot? Please guys tell me which particular hardware do I need to replace in order to fix this issue.. When I power on the screen, I see some flickering on the top right side.. At that time I think its a display issue. But the glitch intensifies only when I run any graphical thing like camera or video or game. Then I think it could be the motherboard. I am really confused.. Also when I dim the screen a little bit I can see the previous process that I ran on the screen a little bit transparently.. The opacity is very low. But I can see it a little bit... I am really not sure what to do... Please tell me what I need to replace....It would be a great help guys. Please...

By the way don't tell me to heat the cpu for 15 seconds... I tried that 5 times... It doesn't work. Any help is appreciated a lot.

tremalnaik

Jul 30, 2018
LG G5
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi, ghosting is very common on G5. Glitches instead are not. A broken GPU or a broken screen may be the cause for the glitch. Can you post some picture or video of your issue? In both cases (GPU or screen), repairing it won't be cheap?