FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LineageOS 15 for the LG G5

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 111

By AutinDroid, Member on 16th December 2017, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was able to build LOS 15 successfully with a couple of repopicks (will upload them if anybody need them), and have been able to get past the manufacturer screen. I am stuck in a boot-loop though, and looking at logcat, the problem seems to be with the camera libs (I'm not sure though). If anybody wants to try the broken build, here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!tixRVJpB!f5HLcXZSF...PJVdBJ3W7uVvhI
Oh no I forgot to specify brand! It's h830
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutinDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AutinDroid Ad-Free

16th December 2017, 08:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutinDroid

I was able to build LOS 15 successfully with a couple of repopicks (will upload them if anybody need them), and have been able to get past the manufacturer screen. I am stuck in a boot-loop though, and looking at logcat, the problem seems to be with the camera libs (I'm not sure though). If anybody wants to try the broken build, here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!tixRVJpB!f5HLcXZSF...PJVdBJ3W7uVvhI

Hi Dear .. can I test this ROM on H820 device as I can see that it's for H830 device.

By the way, if there is a way to unlock the bootloader on H820, so please share us the steps.

Thanks.
16th December 2017, 09:10 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulham82

Hi Dear .. can I test this ROM on H820 device as I can see that it's for H830 device.

By the way, if there is a way to unlock the bootloader on H820, so please share us the steps.

Thanks.

First of all, you cannot try the ROM if you don't have an unlocked boot-loader. Second of all, the AT&T boot-loader is not unlockable (as far as I know), and third of all flashing a ROM for the wrong phone variant could brick your phone.
18th December 2017, 09:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

First of all, you cannot try the ROM if you don't have an unlocked boot-loader. Second of all, the AT&T boot-loader is not unlockable (as far as I know), and third of all flashing a ROM for the wrong phone variant could brick your phone.

Yeah bricked mine too
19th December 2017, 06:03 AM |#5  
Do u mind uploading repopicks ?
I'm curious if its hard to collect similar for RS988.

Tho, camera libs are probably same between those devices and high chance that behavior might be same.
19th December 2017, 06:24 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimon222

Do u mind uploading repopicks ?
I'm curious if its hard to collect similar for RS988.

Tho, camera libs are probably same between those devices and high chance that behavior might be same.

Sure here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!djpRRawT!ntx9kBJ0Y...B9_tl8YIN7Yksc
The repopicks breaks the settings packages and the frameworks/base, just clone them from the LineageOS github and replace the broken directories. Also, there are a few errors that the repopicks dont fix, just post them here and I can assist you.
The Following User Says Thank You to AutinDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AutinDroid Ad-Free
19th December 2017, 08:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Good to see someone trying to build lineage 15 for lg g5.
20th December 2017, 08:44 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 2,814

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeh

Good to see someone trying to build lineage 15 for lg g5.

I had it compiled a while ago but things kept crashing like crazy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eoghan2t7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eoghan2t7 Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 11:25 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan2t7

I had it compiled a while ago but things kept crashing like crazy.

Did you delete the camera libs for the rom to work, as I want to get the rom to work, but don't have the time.
21st December 2017, 12:23 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 2,814

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did you delete the camera libs for the rom to work, as I want to get the rom to work, but don't have the time.

No I didn't delete them but the camera app was one of the things crashing along with Bluetooth and stuff so I haven't had a better look into the issues.
21st December 2017, 01:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi dear ..... can you share the h850 lineage 15 rom to us ?
I am surprised at someone trying to build a android o on g5 devices
big thanks to you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)