FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Community development strength

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,601

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2016, 02:47 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalartgod

I agree with @autoprime.

And personally, I'm sick and tired of people begging. Especially those with less than 10 posts, are brand new users to XDA, and who have not contributed anything to the Android community ever. The Devs are NOT obligated by any means to share what they have achieved. If any of you bought this device simply because you wanted root, instead of buying the phone for its functionality, form, etc., then you are a fool. BE PATIENT! If it happens, it happens. Don't expect anything.

Rated 5 stars, because I got the phone for the phone, not for root. And I think it's a great device!

You have more posts than me, know more about rooting than me, and probably do some actual developing as well. However, I have been using ROMS for 3 years now and have shown over a dozen people how to use them as well. I personally would never want a phone, regardless of its hardware capabilities, that did not have ROM potential. I don't know who set you off so bad that you needed to vocalize your sense of superiority over everyone else who are JUST users, but you need to pipe the f.u.c.k. down.

I don't mind asking or investigating whether or not a new flagship phone has what it takes to see ROMS in its future. And I don't think you should intimidate anyone else from doing the same. It's something that many shoppers consider before making an informed decision! For example, I'm a BIG LG G2, G3, and G4 fan. However, I would never own a G5 if I had to use the bogus stock ROM that's practically a poor imitation of an iPhone. I hate iPhones and sure as hell don't want an Android phone that pretends to be one.

With that said, I can't wait to see ROMS for the G5. I'm not begging or asking anything of anyone. I'll just sit back and enjoy the G5 when the software is up to par with the hardware. In the meantime, stroke your ego offline. White knuckle it if you need to... Who are you to disallow people from vocalizing what they want to see come out? They can beg all they want. Developers can pay attention or ignore what people are saying at their own discretion. Developers want their work to be enjoyed by as many people as possible and they (should) take pride in the fact that there is a demand for what they offer. I WANT TO SEE SOME AMAZING ROMS FOR THE G5 AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT.

Thanks to all who are trying to make it happen

2nd June 2016, 03:07 PM |#22  
Flag Right here
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreinternetplease

You have more posts than me, know more about rooting than me, and probably do some actual developing as well. However, I have been using ROMS for 3 years now and have shown over a dozen people how to use them as well. I personally would never want a phone, regardless of its hardware capabilities, that did not have ROM potential. I don't know who set you off so bad that you needed to vocalize your sense of superiority over everyone else who are JUST users, but you need to pipe the f.u.c.k. down.

I don't mind asking or investigating whether or not a new flagship phone has what it takes to see ROMS in its future. And I don't think you should intimidate anyone else from doing the same. It's something that many shoppers consider before making an informed decision! For example, I'm a BIG LG G2, G3, and G4 fan. However, I would never own a G5 if I had to use the bogus stock ROM that's practically a poor imitation of an iPhone. I hate iPhones and sure as hell don't want an Android phone that pretends to be one.

With that said, I can't wait to see ROMS for the G5. I'm not begging or asking anything of anyone. I'll just sit back and enjoy the G5 when the software is up to par with the hardware. In the meantime, stroke your ego offline. White knuckle it if you need to... Who are you to disallow people from vocalizing what they want to see come out? They can beg all they want. Developers can pay attention or ignore what people are saying at their own discretion. Developers want their work to be enjoyed by as many people as possible and they (should) take pride in the fact that there is a demand for what they offer. I WANT TO SEE SOME AMAZING ROMS FOR THE G5 AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT.

Thanks to all who are trying to make it happen

That's cute. You tell em! Take your own advice... If you don't like what I have to say, keep it moving. The point of the post was to get the beggars/non-contributors to chill out. They typically take and never come back. That's not how this community functions. If you ask someone for cake every 30 seconds while they are making it, you're probably not going to get any damn cake. And no, I will not pipe down. I've been a part of this community since the beginning. You want me to pipe down or be gone...ban me! Good luck with your ROMs tho.

Sent from my LG-H830 using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd June 2016, 05:41 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

That's cute. You tell em! Take your own advice... If you don't like what I have to say, keep it moving. The point of the post was to get the beggars/non-contributors to chill out. They typically take and never come back. That's not how this community functions. If you ask someone for cake every 30 seconds while they are making it, you're probably not going to get any damn cake. And no, I will not pipe down. I've been a part of this community since the beginning. You want me to pipe down or be gone...ban me! Good luck with your ROMs tho.

Sent from my LG-H830 using XDA-Developers mobile app

That's EXACTLY how this community functions. 90%+ of people simply read the posts that are related to or answer their questions and never even bother creating an account. So yes, they take some info and leave! Just like that! And then there are some who make an account and ask their questions, which are usually repeats and redundancies... but that IS EXACTLY how this works. No amount of ranting, bragging, or complaining about it from you will EVER change that.

I'm willing to wager that out of the total amount of people who visit xda, less than 1% are actual contributors. *Drops Mic*
2nd June 2016, 06:06 PM |#24  
Flag Right here
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreinternetplease

*Drops Mic*

Hahaha. I'll follow the path many other developers and contributors have taken then. I'll leave the forums. People like you keep running us off. Good day and good luck, because one day the thing you need will be in the mind of the person you ran off.
2nd June 2016, 07:22 PM |#25  
Flag Kissimmee, FL
Thanks Meter: 319

Donate to Me
More
Common people. Calm down. This is not a dog's fight, or a battle of sarcasm. In fact, i dont even know why they created this thread. Im sure everybody checks the lg g5 section at least 1 or 2 times a day or about 5 times a week at least. We can all see whether developments are moving on or stuck at some point. Stop blaming developers or the device, and also stop blaming people for asking the same questions over and over about whether the rom is still ongoing or stopped. Learn patience as well as solidarity toward developers and end users. Respect each other and stop the bad mouthing or in this case bad words. Inknow this device can get better if developers manage to finish the cm development for it, and after that many other roms based on cm. But i dont blame them if they get stuck at some point. In fact, it is awesome that they managed to get root for h830 and h850, even if many said that for the h830 the root wouldn't be able to be achieved. And for the h850 which showed a more free path to achieve root. If you want to blame someone, blame the carriers you are currently using. Also, i havent seen any Cm development on the s7 or s7 edge, yes, they have made some stock roms but it isnt cm based. So.... Dont say that other phones have gone ahead of this one if they havent done a cm based rom. Because stock rom is based on stock. And why would we want to use a stock rom if the interface and almost everything remains the same? Then for that it is better to make a patch and not a rom. Unless it is like alliancerom which has a lot of customatization even if is stock. So, please calm down. Lets act as people and not as something which i dont even have a name for. If you are tired of waiting for cm development, then change your device for one more to your liking. No one is forcing you to keep that device. And if developments seems to move at a faster pace than for instance the galaxy s7 after some time, then just change the device again.

After all not everybody has the same level of patience so, why not change the phone? Im currently talking from a samsung galaxy s5 which i want to change because of the amoled screen and also some other things i hate. However, im waiting very patiently for lg g5 cm development, even if my galaxy s5 gps is not working, my amoled screen has burn in image, my screen kind of flickers if i press a little harder and wont turn on until i press really hard. And the s5 keeps devaluing for everyday. This is patience.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jinkerz9430 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinkerz9430 Ad-Free
2nd June 2016, 09:03 PM |#26  
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hahaha. I'll follow the path many other developers and contributors have taken then. I'll leave the forums. People like you keep running us off. Good day and good luck, because one day the thing you need will be in the mind of the person you ran off.

Oh. So this is the reason why you decided to leave XDA . ( i posted in your most recent thread but i didnt notice that you were the one talking 1 comment above me). Sorry to see you go sir. Hope you reconsider to join once again in the future. Whatever your decision, Good luck
3rd June 2016, 01:07 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Hopefully this will help.
Just added an unnofficial device request for our H830. Please jump in comment to let them know you have the phone and you want development done on it. Development is caused by strength in numbers first.

https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/...le-lg-g5-h830/

I also reached out to resurrection remix, liquid smooth and many other dev teams on Google+. You all should do the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greysonofusa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greysonofusa Ad-Free
3rd June 2016, 02:05 AM |#28  
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greysonofusa

Hopefully this will help.
Just added an unnofficial device request for our H830. Please jump in comment to let them know you have the phone and you want development done on it. Development is caused by strength in numbers first.

https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/...le-lg-g5-h830/

I also reached out to resurrection remix, liquid smooth and many other dev teams on Google+. You all should do the same.

Heyyyyyy. I never thought about it. I mean creating a thread in CM website might be a better way than trying to bother developers in here with many repetitions. GREAT IDEA! I will promote this.
5th June 2016, 07:22 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseguillen1994

Heyyyyyy. I never thought about it. I mean creating a thread in CM website might be a better way than trying to bother developers in here with many repetitions. GREAT IDEA! I will promote this.

Why do you prefer CM? On my G2 I really wanted to like CM (tried also 13) but I always kept coming back to LG stock (stock based ROM). Everything makes more sense on the LG software. I get it..CM is clean and fast but fast is not really an issue now and clean I can get with debloated ROM. I guess some prefer X and some Y..
5th June 2016, 07:36 AM |#30  
Flag Kissimmee, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galr

Why do you prefer CM? On my G2 I really wanted to like CM (tried also 13) but I always kept coming back to LG stock (stock based ROM). Everything makes more sense on the LG software. I get it..CM is clean and fast but fast is not really an issue now and clean I can get with debloated ROM. I guess some prefer X and some Y..

Dont get me wrong hahaha. I like stock roms but stock roms cannot be customized as much as on CM. And it is not that i like CM, I like roms based on CM. Roms like AICP, RR, Blisspop. I know speed is not an issue with this phone, it hardly could be. However, because speed is not an issue anymore since they have created phones with 3Gb of ram and up , and the processor of Snapdragon 820 now, well, it make sense to prioritize other things now such as looking, functionalities, etc... if someone were to create a rom such as Alliancerom for LG G5 i would definitely stick to stock rom, and probably have a 2nd rom installed in the same External sd card. ( that of course if dual boot is achieved). But i doubt that someone will create a rom such as alliancerom since it is mostly TW based with Samsung as main device. So, to be honest i dont like the UI or how the settings looks like on the LG G5. A rom highly customizable such as Alliancerom allows to change almost everything including the looking of the settings. But, at least with CM and the themes, personification can vary. and sometimes there are extra functionalities that otherwise you wouldnt find in stock roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to jinkerz9430 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinkerz9430 Ad-Free
5th June 2016, 07:38 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseguillen1994

Dont get me wrong hahaha. I like stock roms but stock roms cannot be customized as much as on CM. And it is not that i like CM, I like roms based on CM. Roms like AICP, RR, Blisspop. I know speed is not an issue with this phone, it hardly could be. However, because speed is not an issue anymore since they have created phones with 3Gb of ram and up , and the processor of Snapdragon 820 now, well, it make sense to prioritize other things now such as looking, functionalities, etc... if someone were to create a rom such as Alliancerom for LG G5 i would definitely stick to stock rom, and probably have a 2nd rom installed in the same External sd card. ( that of course if dual boot is achieved). But i doubt that someone will create a rom such as alliancerom since it is mostly TW based with Samsung as main device. So, to be honest i dont like the UI or how the settings looks like on the LG G5. A rom highly customizable such as Alliancerom allows to change almost everything including the looking of the settings. But, at least with CM and the themes, personification can vary. and sometimes there are extra functionalities that otherwise you wouldnt find in stock roms.

Fair enough
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)