FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2016, 01:37 AM |#11  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 25

More
My thoughts on the G5:

It's top heavy because of the light plastic at the bottom. I feel like its going to fall out of my hand at the top because the weight is not equally distributed. It feels nice in the hand outside of that.

The volume rocker is all wrong. They need to put it back on the rear of the phone. Coming from the G2 and G3, I hate having the volume rocker on the left side as I keep pressing the power button trying to change the volume. It also makes taking a screenshot really awkward and hard to do. At the very least put it on the right side of the phone. The only benefit I see to having it on the left side of the phone is that you can still use your thumb to take a photo yourself or a group using the rear camera. However; this could easily be accomplished on the right side of the phone with your index finger.

The headphone port needs to be moved back to the bottom of phone. Not a fan of it at the top.

The slight curve at the top of the phone is a neat touch; however my tempered glass screen protector has not showed up to see how well that will fit.

I haven't noticed the lip where the bottom connects to the phone's body as mentioned in a lot of the reviews.

Lg needs to start supplying 6' charging cords. The G5 cable is even smaller than the G2 - G4's cables.

Side note: Stupid Verizon removed the Smart Settings / My Place from their version and I wish they would leave the LG browser and Smartworld app installed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)