FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,602

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2016, 12:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

heres the deal boys...

Yes this phone gets hot when its used hard.....if your not incurring reboots while running it hard , then you'll probably be good
After a month buying this , I started getting reboots ....hot and cold
The first time I sent it in , they said to leave sim and battery at home...
I got it back and started the usual 30 or more updates from App Store and phone got real hot and started rebooting again every minute
even when it was cool...it rebooted but at a longer interval...
They told me to send battery in too on second go around...
Just got it back , it had a system update to do and then the 30+ app updates....this phone was getting a workout...
I did the App updates right after the system update with the optimization ....

I'm 20 apps into it...the battery cooled down and the apps are still going...

looks like they have a battery issue with these phones. If I don't report back , then all is good...

mike

No, it doesn't mean that LG has an issue with the batteries. It only means that YOU had issue with YOUR battery.
I'm glad your phone is OK and it was just the battery.

18th June 2016, 04:19 PM |#12  
Flag Kingston Upon Hull
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Only got mine yesterday, but I've used it a lot in that short time and it get nowhere near as hot my previous 2 phone a Nexus 4 and G3 it gets warm but not what I would call hot compared to them 2 anyway, at its worst mostly watching videos it can get a quite warm, but gaming it barely gets warm, I'm loving it so far but time will tell I guess but so far so good.
19th June 2016, 11:59 AM |#13  
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Mine heats up too, specially while using Snapchat or YouTube. Haven't played Asphalt or other graphic-intensive games, so I can't comment whether my device has the same issue with them or not.
19th June 2016, 06:17 PM |#14  
Flag 's-Hertogenbosch
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Mine stays quite cool during heavy usage, it does get realy hot while charging though. I expect this is the same with others?
20th June 2016, 09:02 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Coming from the Samsung Galaxy Note series (Note 1 - Note 5), the LG G5 gets pretty hot even when idling.... My solution? Waiting for the Note 7 to be released and then goodbye LG!
29th June 2016, 10:19 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoonarachue

Coming from the Samsung Galaxy Note series (Note 1 - Note 5), the LG G5 gets pretty hot even when idling.... My solution? Waiting for the Note 7 to be released and then goodbye LG!

Check what's running in the background. Mine is very cool (H850).
1st July 2016, 12:51 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Better than the V10. My old V10 overheated while I was using Skype to the point it shut itself off. Had no problems with the G5.
6th July 2016, 11:46 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlexander_AlexanderX

Better than the V10. My old V10 overheated while I was using Skype to the point it shut itself off. Had no problems with the G5.

heat was worse with the v10 running snapchat... but have you tried running pokemon go on the g5? I've never had a phone get this hot besides my galaxy s4 and that thing sucked
7th July 2016, 04:24 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatapia

heat was worse with the v10 running snapchat... but have you tried running pokemon go on the g5? I've never had a phone get this hot besides my galaxy s4 and that thing sucked

I'm so excited for some Pokémon Go! ... But I assume with high precision GPS, screen, camera, connection, my phone's going to get spicy hot. It warms up easily, otherwise, but it gets hot to the touch sometimes while charging.
8th July 2016, 03:56 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderin

I'm so excited for some Pokémon Go! ... But I assume with high precision GPS, screen, camera, connection, my phone's going to get spicy hot. It warms up easily, otherwise, but it gets hot to the touch sometimes while charging.

I wish I could play it , I keep getting "GPS location not found" :'( .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA-Developers mobile app
8th July 2016, 11:25 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i juat got mine. I'm charging it right now and downloading all the previous apps via wifi. It feels quite hot now. I'm coming from a G4 ans Nexus 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)