FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2016, 11:25 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i juat got mine. I'm charging it right now and downloading all the previous apps via wifi. It feels quite hot now. I'm coming from a G4 ans Nexus 4

8th July 2016, 11:29 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTZ3RO

I wish I could play it , I keep getting "GPS location not found" :'( .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA-Developers mobile app

I was too, I had to actually go outside. can you believe that?! making me walk around OUTSIDE!
but no really I did have to step outside, it relies only on the GPS signal and wont use 4g or WiFi to figure out your location.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPersian

i juat got mine. I'm charging it right now and downloading all the previous apps via wifi. It feels quite hot now. I'm coming from a G4 ans Nexus 4

initial install/setup heat was odd but it's temporary, once youre up and running it cools down quite a bit.
9th July 2016, 12:00 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Since i activated 2D Gpu acceleration in developer options, i have an ice block. It barely gets warmer than my skin. During charging it gets warm, but not hot.
2nd August 2016, 09:16 PM |#24  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm often having it thermal throttle actually, but one thing needs to be said: it's really hot outside.
Used it as a constantly on Gps under the sun (40C, on a motorcycle) in a biiig rubber cover and once the job was done, it was throttled back to stone age. I actually took the batttery out for a while because i got scared it wouldn't revert to being snappy as supposed.
Of course this is an extreme use scenario: phone did not switch off by itself, and kept working: it just took 5 seconds to get from normal camera to fishe....i mean wide lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotier

Since i activated 2D Gpu acceleration in developer options, i have an ice block. It barely gets warmer than my skin. During charging it gets warm, but not hot.

Nice, might try that. I imagine battery time gets better too or?
3rd August 2016, 05:28 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[QUOTE=brancangekibe;68016292
Nice, might try that. I imagine battery time gets better too or?[/QUOTE]

At the moment it's pretty much optimized for battery lifetime but i'm really pleased with the 2800mah battery. I've barely touched it yesterday since i'm having a men flue (a real one, i'm almost seeing the light...) therefore the results are not too representative but the average given is accurate. It's keeping its breath longer than with the cpu doing all the work, thats for sure. A wild guess... 20%...

Kind regrets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-03-06-18-34.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	3831655  
3rd August 2016, 06:08 PM |#26  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotier

At the moment it's pretty much optimized ...... i'm having a men flue (a real one, i'm almost seeing the light...) therefore the results are not too representative but the average given is accurate..... A wild guess... 20%...

Kind regrets

Thanks for the info, i activated it immediately! Hope you get better soon! Man flues are the worse
3rd August 2016, 11:20 PM |#27  
Flag Coquitlam
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I just picked up a G5 on Monday after my Nexus 4 finally bit the dust. The N4 got super super hot after the screen was on for a while, to the point where it seriously lagged out and I had to put it down for a bit and cool off. Doing the same things with the G5 and it is barely noticeable. It's gets a little warm, but not screaming hot like the N4 did. I'm happy with it.
7th August 2016, 03:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My G5 doen't heat. I played Asphalt 8 about 5 hours!
25th August 2016, 04:02 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It doesnt get hot , its really comfortable to play but i give -1 on this one because its from throttling caused during the game , Antutu benchmark is also the prouf , 2nd 3d test (Garden) is lower than any other phone with snap 820. I would trade some extra heat for more stable performance!
18th October 2016, 06:08 PM |#30  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoonarachue

Coming from the Samsung Galaxy Note series (Note 1 - Note 5), the LG G5 gets pretty hot even when idling.... My solution? Waiting for the Note 7 to be released and then goodbye LG!

Are you sure now????
Hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to PavlosPa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PavlosPa Ad-Free
20th October 2016, 03:39 AM |#31  
Flag Tagbilaran
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Love the G5. Mine doesn't get that hot. Just the normal hot temp. Love the camera, the performance, the spare battery with battery kit, also a spare of antenna modules (LG Camplus).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)