FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,600

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2017, 09:56 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine stays cool until i use mobile data or GPS. Charging makes it a little warm but nothing overly bad

17th July 2017, 01:57 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoonarachue

Coming from the Samsung Galaxy Note series (Note 1 - Note 5), the LG G5 gets pretty hot even when idling.... My solution? Waiting for the Note 7 to be released and then goodbye LG!

I had to ask this, did you had your note 7? is it better?
18th July 2017, 04:36 AM |#43  
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleitao

I had to ask this, did you had your note 7? is it better?

Lol cheap shot. Note 7s on fire. Lol. Gets a little warmer than g5.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

My g5 does great. I shut off my thermal mitigations. Forced 2d gpu. Run mine like crazy and it stays so cool compared to my g4
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 04:16 PM |#44  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,344

More
Wifi for prolonged use is the only thing that really gets the heat up on my G5. And then it's only sometimes.

I disabled most of the bloatware that came with the phone. That stuff is always active so killing a lot of that helped.
28th July 2017, 03:14 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Bought my h860 a month ago, (Taiwan version i think), didn't upgrade the Android at all, still at 6.0.1, original v10a, been playing need for speed no limit and injustice 2 for hours while on battery, not getting too hot, quite pleased. Rebooted twice when i tried to start a game on emulator (dolphin) and when i played ppsspp for more than 2 hours, constantly loading saved games in Burnout Legends. How do you turn off mitigations, i don't have it in the Developer Options.
8th February 2018, 08:00 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Not much of a problem, really. Sometimes, but only with heavy game use.
27th March 2019, 12:33 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Heats up under heavy use. With Wifi off and GPS off, it remains cool even in a pocket with Oreo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)