FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2016, 12:06 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkindaguy

Almost useless in sunlight. Other than that its a great display, Super AMOLED is obviously better though.

Set the brightness to "AUTO" to get the brightness boost under sunlight.

11th July 2016, 09:33 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Please delete this mistake post.
16th July 2016, 08:53 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Lg g5 has very poor display indoor and outdoor. My old galaxy s5 is more bright and crisp at 50% brightness as compare to 70% brightness of LG G5. LG G5 maxium brightness is like 60 percent brightness of S5..not good for surfing and reading web pages
21st July 2016, 10:25 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey , brightness of the screen is a problem of smartphone or software ? Sorry for my English
21st July 2016, 12:03 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
This is a phone problem. Someone tell that with Last 10e firmware it's better but not solved. Brightness, specially of alwaus on screen, in sunlight is very bsd. Defect hard!
The Following User Says Thank You to myabc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myabc Ad-Free
21st July 2016, 03:57 PM |#26  

More
I do not mean that the problem is with the screen in the sun . Only that the maximum brightness is weak . One can hope that future updates will improve anything ?
21st July 2016, 04:56 PM |#27  

More
maximum brightness is weak IS A LIE !!! under sunlight is the problem. the phone is like others for brightness
21st July 2016, 09:10 PM |#28  

More
Screen G5 is set to maximum brightness , the Xperia next approx. 75 % .
21st July 2016, 09:28 PM |#29  

More
Lg g5 is a phone, not a lamp!!!! Lg g5 has a brightness like a phone. I suggest not find pics but go to a shop and buy the phone you like more. The problem of lg g5 is brightness under sunlight!!!! Under sunlight!!!!
25th July 2016, 05:38 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
i have the G5 also, tried everything, but it seems that the burst not kicks in here .....

I still love this phone, it's fu**** amazing fast and makes lovely pictures .....
27th July 2016, 08:20 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszna

Screen G5 is set to maximum brightness , the Xperia next approx. 75 % .

Thermal throbbing my friend, thermal throbbing.

G5 is quite battery savy when it comes to brightness. if the phone gets too hot, the MAX brightness is lowered.
After a benchmark, it's obvious that the screen brightness will go down on it's own.

Try this: Take your cold G5, put on max brightness with auto and go in harsh sunlight, point the light sensor directly. you will see the screen brightness suddenly jumped higher, but not for long, as the phone gets warm fast in sunlight + with this screen brightness.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bastienhere For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bastienhere Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)