FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall speed

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2016, 06:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
The device is very fast. Probably has the processing power of some full size computers.

8th May 2017, 06:47 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've had my G5 for a while now and the speed is still superb!
9th May 2017, 08:05 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It's funny, people are so retarded. Everyone bashes on LG as in being a bad brand all the time everywhere. Meanwhile they build the most technologically advanced screens on the planet. The phones are of very high quality. I have the G5 for a year now, still as good as the day I bought it. I own a ultra wide monitor from LG who for the price crushes competitors. But yeah keep bashing because it's keeping prices low and gives faster pricedrops.
The Following User Says Thank You to sjoerd1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjoerd1234 Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 05:39 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoerd1234

It's funny, people are so retarded. Everyone bashes on LG as in being a bad brand all the time everywhere. Meanwhile they build the most technologically advanced screens on the planet. The phones are of very high quality. I have the G5 for a year now, still as good as the day I bought it. I own a ultra wide monitor from LG who for the price crushes competitors. But yeah keep bashing because it's keeping prices low and gives faster pricedrops.

I agree LG makes a great product, had three LG phones so far, all worked great, sold two of them so far still working great. Just wish the H831 had root capability but it doesn't so no big deal.
17th June 2017, 12:38 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
It's faster than my core2duo laptop. I abuse my phone all day at work and this thing has been a monster. Battery life is awesome when the screen brightness is less than 50 percent too.
8th July 2017, 04:54 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Super fast with Lineage OS! (h850)

Benchmarked with PcMark Work 2.0
3719 with battery optimization & balanced perf. profile
6214 in performance mode
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170708-175202.png
Views:	182
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	4205515  
11th July 2017, 08:51 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoerd1234

Although I don't agree with the bashing, you can't deny the problems with the G3, G4, G5 and V10.
many G3 just died for no reason..G4 and V10 fried after a year or so. G5 has awful GPS design and very common image retention on the screen. G2, G6 and V20 are the best in my opinion. I had G4 that died, and I have a G5 right now with image retention and GPS that I fixed about 5 times already. Image retention and crappy GPS are very common issues with the G5, whether you have these issues or not.

The main reason I keep it is the camera.
26th July 2017, 01:05 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
The phone is very fast but I'm really disappointed about gaming part, framerate drops in big games with max settings, I was expecting better from a S820 device.

I'm thinking moving to LineageOS when 15.0 will be released.
28th July 2017, 03:22 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasm1

me too :|

Here as well, after a month i notice some slide downs, didn't update the software atcall, android 6.0.1 and firmware v10a as in the day it came.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Also, i have image retention, gps is still good (that's one off the most important parts for me) and the Antutu benchmarks vary from 98000 to 141000, so does speed and framerate in games. I had LG optimus g pro before this one, g5 is faster for sure, but i have a problem when i run Sunvox (a DAW I've been using since long) and the sound is choppier sometimes than on my old G pro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)