FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,601

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the LG G5 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

11th June 2016, 04:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
G3 was better!
12th June 2016, 01:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickyboy

G3 was better!

No way bro
My v10 has fantastic camera
7th July 2016, 11:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowihel2012

No way bro
My v10 has fantastic camera

This thread is about the G5's camera, so that's irrelevant... Unless, of course, they use the same camera and I didn't know?

But I still agree with you. I don't see how that's possible that the G3 has a better camera.
8th July 2016, 02:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderin

This thread is about the G5's camera, so that's irrelevant... Unless, of course, they use the same camera and I didn't know?

But I still agree with you. I don't see how that's possible that the G3 has a better camera.

yea they have the same sensor
and i had g3 it has bad cam beside my lg v10
11th July 2016, 09:54 PM |#6  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 4,225

More
I came from the S7 and before that the iPhone 6s Plus. I can't take decent photos with the G5 to save my life. It's frustrating.
13th July 2016, 04:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
What?? Is it true that G5 has worst camera ? Phonearena says it has best camera when compared with S7 and 6s plus.
13th July 2016, 02:26 PM |#8  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 4,225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krk2krk

What?? Is it true that G5 has worst camera ? Phonearena says it has best camera when compared with S7 and 6s plus.

If you put it in manual mode and mess with it a bit it'll take great pics. Auto mode sucks. For me at least. And yes, I've made sure the lens is clean and all that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeyinid Ad-Free
14th July 2016, 06:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

If you put it in manual mode and mess with it a bit it'll take great pics. Auto mode sucks. For me at least. And yes, I've made sure the lens is clean and all that.

I understand. But it is hard to take all the pics in manual mode. I have G3 now and planning to by G5 in a couple of months and it seems i have to rethink about G5.
14th July 2016, 11:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Yeah, this phone takes great manual photos, but that's about it. The anti-shake was way better in the G4 over the G5- does the G5 no longer have the laser focus? It was incredible how good the pictures were with the flash off on the G4; in my experience, most phones (including Samsung) take shaky photos with flash off, and are able to focus much better with flash on.

Also, like in all LG phones, panorama is completely useless. They should just get rid of the feature altogether. It doesn't matter how slow or steady I move, everything always comes out jagged. Very annoying.
17th July 2016, 06:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
yeah, I feel the same, my dads G3 camera is awesome... but even under the the G5s latest v10d, the images were clearer and OIS was more stable on the G4 in AUTO mode. I do use Manual mode alot, but sometimes its nice just to pull out your phone and snap a quick situation or a few quick images.

Intrestingly, I find sometimes in "Auto" mode, switiching "OIS" OFF (toggle "OIS" and "steady cam" mode in camera settings), takes better Macro shots, which says to me.. that in its current state, the G5 camera needs work.

However, the G5 camera is a really great camera and a really great device all round, its just a shame reviewers seem to go more for how it looks rather than its innovations
The Following User Says Thank You to NightOrchid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NightOrchid Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)