FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,602

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2016, 06:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
yeah, I feel the same, my dads G3 camera is awesome... but even under the the G5s latest v10d, the images were clearer and OIS was more stable on the G4 in AUTO mode. I do use Manual mode alot, but sometimes its nice just to pull out your phone and snap a quick situation or a few quick images.

Intrestingly, I find sometimes in "Auto" mode, switiching "OIS" OFF (toggle "OIS" and "steady cam" mode in camera settings), takes better Macro shots, which says to me.. that in its current state, the G5 camera needs work.

However, the G5 camera is a really great camera and a really great device all round, its just a shame reviewers seem to go more for how it looks rather than its innovations
The Following User Says Thank You to NightOrchid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NightOrchid Ad-Free

21st July 2016, 08:34 PM |#12  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Mine are crisper and more detailed with g4, specially the front canera. Could be this due to an high compression? Maybe there's a trick to loer jpeg compression!
24th July 2016, 07:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
G3 was far better..!
24th July 2016, 09:19 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mery Alpes

G3 was far better..!

Nonsense.
The Following User Says Thank You to galr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galr Ad-Free
25th July 2016, 10:19 AM |#15  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 45

More
LOL! The worst camera comparison in history. I am not saying G5 is the best but it is certainly not what the website said it was.

Hey look! Comments section was closed. Go figures.

Anyway, the last close up shot was the worst! No reputable review site would use close up image more than 100%. These are camera sensor made for phones, they are not meant to be zoom beyond 100%.
2nd August 2016, 09:12 PM |#16  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I Love this phone's Cameras: my pics are coming out better, sharper and better balanced than any other phone i have had my hands on this months and that includes: 6s, 6s+, G4, and S7. Of course this is subjective but i really LOVE the camera. (Auto mode is meh tough when compared to 6s', need to be objective there. I was taking a pic today: my girlfriend's face with a stongly lighted background _door in the sun_ and even if messing wigh manual mode gave me the best pic, auto mode just wasn't keeping it up with my gf's 6s which gave out a decent picture immediately.)
Gotta be honest. (Of course i didn't tell her )
28th August 2016, 11:11 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm somehow disappointed. The camera oversharpens the pictures most of the time. But the wide-angle camera always oversharpens them. I wonder if it could be fixed with a newer software? Also the pictures get blurry at the slightest movement. But it's still a good camera.
4/5
The Following User Says Thank You to younngblood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift younngblood Ad-Free
5th November 2016, 06:40 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
very high
14th November 2016, 09:11 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Camera is very good especially in Manual mode but one thing I found out about the Auto mode that HDR tends to blur details a lot more when zoomig in than taking picture with HDR option turned Off. Hope they improve the camera on Nougat update.
22nd November 2016, 11:34 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm also pretty disappointed with the quality of the G5 pictures in auto mode. Not that they're bad or anything, but I find myself having to take multiple pictures to get acceptable results, particularly in poor lighting. Never had that issue with my G4.
23rd November 2016, 06:08 PM |#21  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Weird.

I've just got back from Iceland, and can say that this phone out performed itself. Nothing better than that second wide angle lense on some of the white, barren landscape. Some of my photos looked absolutely incredible!

I even managed a few shaky images of the northern lights (didn't bring my tripod that night!).

Love this phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to sstanton86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sstanton86 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)