FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2016, 06:08 PM |#21  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Weird.

I've just got back from Iceland, and can say that this phone out performed itself. Nothing better than that second wide angle lense on some of the white, barren landscape. Some of my photos looked absolutely incredible!

I even managed a few shaky images of the northern lights (didn't bring my tripod that night!).

Love this phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to sstanton86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sstanton86 Ad-Free

25th November 2016, 10:23 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstanton86

Weird.

I've just got back from Iceland, and can say that this phone out performed itself. Nothing better than that second wide angle lense on some of the white, barren landscape. Some of my photos looked absolutely incredible!

I even managed a few shaky images of the northern lights (didn't bring my tripod that night!).

Love this phone!

Yep, I know what you mean. I find the wide angle camera incredible for travel. I just wish they will provide a better lens and sensor for the next gen. Few trips to Europe made me feel so good about choosing the G5 over the S7 Edge. You can't beat LG camera set right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to galr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galr Ad-Free
27th November 2016, 11:08 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstanton86

Weird.

Love this phone!

Can you post a few pics?
2nd December 2016, 01:06 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
https://youtu.be/vOKGo5K6CWY
5th December 2016, 05:39 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've used the LG G5 for about a month and I'm disappointed. Most new (2016) smartphones take nice outdoor pictures of things that don't move much. Go inside and try to photograph your kid dribbling up/down the court with this phone and you'll be frustrated. Indoor pics with any kind of movement is a guaranteed blurry picture. I've turned OIS off and tried the same thing today at my son's birthday party (indoors at the skate rink), poor focus and slow shots.
I've had the S7 and it takes much better pictures of things in motion (has a fast focus/sports mode)... This phone is going bye bye soon because of this one issue.
6th December 2016, 10:05 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkc135

I've used the LG G5 for about a month and I'm disappointed. Most new (2016) smartphones take nice outdoor pictures of things that don't move much. Go inside and try to photograph your kid dribbling up/down the court with this phone and you'll be frustrated. Indoor pics with any kind of movement is a guaranteed blurry picture. I've turned OIS off and tried the same thing today at my son's birthday party (indoors at the skate rink), poor focus and slow shots.
I've had the S7 and it takes much better pictures of things in motion (has a fast focus/sports mode)... This phone is going bye bye soon because of this one issue.

I knew the S7 was better in low light with moving objects when I got the G5. I do tink the G5 camera is much more capable camera than the sammy's. But I did tell anyone who asked me, if you are going to shoot photos of children/pets indoors, get the S7. I just hated that the S7 can only do 10 seconds long exposure, just 800 ISO, no wide angle (or any secondary lens) and 4:3 ratio which leaves me with just 9MP if I want to use 16:9 (and I always do). Try using manual mode (higher ISO) or use a flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to galr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galr Ad-Free
6th December 2016, 07:27 PM |#27  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Extreme Lowlight - Wide Angle
14th December 2016, 02:54 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
It's nothing exciting but the ultra wide angle is neat...so as long as you want to fix the distortion in Lightroom or another software. Then again iI shoot real estate with Canon 5D MKIII so I'm not expecting anything but mediocre results with any smartphones...
28th July 2017, 03:30 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have my h860 for a month and the camera is somewhat disappointing in Auto mode and Panorama is buggy as hell. Not too impressed.
2nd August 2017, 02:53 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidehop

It's nothing exciting but the ultra wide angle is neat...so as long as you want to fix the distortion in Lightroom or another software. Then again iI shoot real estate with Canon 5D MKIII so I'm not expecting anything but mediocre results with any smartphones...

The camera is pretty great if you just manual mode. Regarding the wide angle lens. After 1.5 years I can tell you that this is the best feature on LG phones. The wide angle is the reason I won't buy a different brand right now. I don't mind the distortion at all, an 11mm lens will have distortion, it's part of having ultra wide angle. I actually find it contributing to the wide angle effect.
2nd August 2017, 03:02 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galr

The camera is pretty great if you just manual mode. Regarding the wide angle lens. After 1.5 years I can tell you that this is the best feature on LG phones. The wide angle is the reason I won't buy a different brand right now. I don't mind the distortion at all, an 11mm lens will have distortion, it's part of having ultra wide angle. I actually find it contributing to the wide angle effect.

I tried with RAW mode and it's not terrible. But I agree the wide angle lens even with distortion is great for photos you normally cannot capture without having to use the panorama (which I don't care for in general). Quick and easy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)