FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scrolling smoothness

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 18th April 2016, 03:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2016, 02:40 PM |#11  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdr

Maybe just read two posts... two damn post above what I wrote @Ali Mirza. "Force GPU Rendering" does nothing. Also the screen seems really bad and has terrible response timings. Worse is scrolling with black font on white the font becomes red while scrolling because of the ghost effect.

No one will help you if you talk like that. Be respectfull. He's trying to help you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YassGo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YassGo Ad-Free

8th November 2016, 03:00 PM |#12  
Flag Wixom
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Scrolling Smoothness Response
I have an LG G5 with t-Mobile, and by doing my usual tweaks (changing some settings, deleting or deactivating some apps) I have had a great scrolling experience. 9 out of 10 imho.
8th November 2016, 05:53 PM |#13  
Flag Nyon
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Just upgraded from a Nexus 5X, much smoother, no comparison. N5X is ok but it has a micro hangs and stutters all the time.
10th November 2016, 01:29 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMerry

I have an LG G5 with t-Mobile, and by doing my usual tweaks (changing some settings, deleting or deactivating some apps) I have had a great scrolling experience. 9 out of 10 imho.

And those changes are... what? I wonder if it's maybe caused by the damn Google app I installed later, because it uses an always on overlay over the whole screen, for that screen / search / capture you can't deactivate. I think I had great smoothness too out of the box but then it get worse suddenly, and I don't have any special apps installed.
8th October 2017, 01:06 PM |#15  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Android destiny long time used scrollıng bad
26th December 2017, 04:48 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdr

And those changes are... what? I wonder if it's maybe caused by the damn Google app I installed later, because it uses an always on overlay over the whole screen, for that screen / search / capture you can't deactivate. I think I had great smoothness too out of the box but then it get worse suddenly, and I don't have any special apps installed.

For future reference, I had been plagued by this issue as well ever since getting this phone. For me, fast scrolling was just fine--it was only evident when doing slower scrolling, like scrolling slowly through the application drawer. The display would hitch repeatedly, as if the graphics buffer could just not keep up.

For me, disabling the developer option "force GPU rendering" has removed the problem for me. I swear I tried with and without this option before but it's working well for me, so now I have one less irritation with this piece of hardware.
27th March 2019, 12:32 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Very snappy especially after I tweaked the animation speed in dev options. Any slow-downs are extremely rare.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)