[APP][PORT][Repost] Google Camera port for LG G5 Normal & Wide Angle (by cstark27)

Search This thread

Aragami84

Feb 17, 2018
MTL
[APP][PORT][Repost] Google Camera port for LG G5 Normal & Wide Angle (by cstark27)

NOTE: I am not a developer but I have tried my best to create a port that has most of the basics working on my LG V30. I cannot promise I can fix any bugs for other devices but if I have time, I can try to look into some. This version is based off Scrubber's [4PDA] and uses information I've learned from using and looking at Arnova8G2's, BSG's and others versions. All their work is much appreciated and is the only thing that makes this possible.

NOTE: This is how the V30's Camera ID's are laid out. My normal lens app uses ID 0 and 1. My wide lens app uses ID 1 and 2.
  • Camera 0 "LENS_FACING_BACK"
  • Camera 1 "LENS_FACING_FRONT"
  • Camera 2 "LENS_FACING_BACK" (wide angle)
I cannot guarantee success on other devices, especially if the phone does not even report all cameras through the Camera2 API (use Camera2Test app to verify your device info). If you are on LineageOS, please consult your dev to see if they can alter the camera ID's to properly match LG stock roms, if my version does not work.

Working on my V30: Optical Image Stabilization; Front/Rear/Wide HDR+ ZSL & Enhanced; Front/Rear/Wide Portrait Mode; Front/Rear/Wide 1080p 30fps video; will test other functions later but the menus work

My normal version should work fine on devices that have a decent Camera2 API support. Snapdragon Galaxy S8, Note 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 8, Essential PH-1, HTC U11, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cstark27 v3.6
If you have issues, Clearing App Data is recommended. Open "Camera"> Settings>About>View App Settings Page>Storage>Clear Data

LG G6 Lineage users can use the toggle in the wide angle APK to fix their camera ID issue. You must force close the app.

-Added 5 Exposure Time settings for Adaptive Shutter Speed. "Super Slow" is the same as V3.5. "Very Slow" is about 2x faster and so on and so forth. On my phone "Slow" is not actually Slow and matches normal HDR+ Enhanced speed. But it may change depending on device so I left it.

-Normal APK: Save HDR+ choice after going into Settings (credit Miniuser123)

-Organized Settings>Advanced by grouping all HDR+ Enhanced stuff into a section. Changed a couple strings so they'd be translated to other languages.

-Skip Color Fix if Adaptive Shutter is enabled

-Removed Slow Motion menu item unless you have a LG G5, G6, V20, or V30. BUT, you can enable it in Settings>Experimental.

-Wide APK: Change HDR+ Config to Taimen so ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) is back, but I've defaulted HDR+ to Enhanced. This won't change until you clear app data or go into settings though.

-Wide APK: Remove Slow Motion menu item

2 Separate APK's (download both, they do not require each other though so you can use a different normal lens version if you want):
Download standard rear + front cam: cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.6

Download wide rear + front cam: cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_wide_v3.6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no model or config to set, you should be good to go after installing. But here is the setup:

-Normal Lens APK Config:
--LG G6
---Rear Model: Nexus 6 (shamu), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)
--All other devices
---Rear Model: Pixel 2 XL (taimen), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)
-Wide Lens APK Config:
--LG G6
---Rear Model: Nexus 6P (angler), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)
--LG G5, V20, V30

Previous Versions:

cstark27 v3.5
-Clearing App Data is recommended. Open "Camera"> Settings>About>View App Settings Page>Storage>Clear Data
-Added Advanced>HDR+ Enhanced Portrait Mode : This forces Portrait Mode to use HDR+ Enhanced which will offer better dynamic range but you lose Zero Shutter Lag (Thanks Arnova8G2 for this cool trick)
-Added Advanced>HDR+ Enhanced Adaptive Shutter Speed : This is the Slow Shutter mod from miniuser123. I would say this is "beta" for LG devices. I know on my V30 some tuning is needed to the parameters but I want your guys feedback first. It only affects HDR+ Enhanced. The shutter speed will slow down the darker your scene is. You probably want a tripod or something to prop your phone against, for best sharpness. In normal lighting the shutter speed seems to be the same as before so I don't think it would be a negative to leave this on - but it's your choice and needs testing.
-Added LG G6 Lineage Camera ID Fix toggle to Wide Angle APK so there shouldn't need to be separate Lineage builds for G6 anymore
-Optimizations courtesy of Arnova8G2

cstark27 v3.4
-Added Lens Blur Mode on side menu
-Added Advanced>LG G6 Color Fix from cstark27 v3
-Removed Zero Shutter Lag option from Wide Angle due to issue with very over-exposed highlights. Will be brought back when this issue is fixed.
-Removed Disable ZSL toggle as it did not fix anything and caused more problems

cstark27 v3.1 standard and v3.2 wide
-JPEG quality increased to 98% by default
-Removed LG G6 Color Fix option hoping the model change fixes their color issues (you may Delete Data of the app)
-HDR+ Parameters moved to Advanced menu

cstark27 v3 wide angle beta 1 (with LG G6 LineageOS patch)
-Separate APK based off cstark27 v3
-Fix front camera crash
-Change "config" to Nexus 6P (ZSL on the wide angle does not process HDR+ currently, so this ensures the user always gets HDR+ processing)

cstark27 v3 wide angle alpha
-ALPHA version of wide angle support

cstark27 v3
-fix G6 video (and probably other Android 7.0 devices) thanks to Arnova8G2
-add LG G6 Color Fix option under advanced thanks to Arnova8G2

cstark27 v2.1
-EXIF fix, thanks Arnova8G2
-Enable HDR+ toggle by default
-Uncheck camera:use_photos by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this makes it use Google Photos.)
-Uncheck camera:enable_micro by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this enables Motion Photos for Oreo only(?)

cstark27 v2
-fixed video on Pixel configs for LG V30

cstark27 v1
-based off Scrubber's APK
-forced model of front camera to Nexus 6P for proper HDR+ Processing and color (thanks BSG)
-rear model is set to Taimen

As always, thanks to Scrubber (whose APK I started with), Arnova8G2, BSG.

Here a Google Camera Port & Mod by cstark27
See the link below for the original post and faster updates (I'll update this post when I can)
Original Post : https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/themes/cstark27-google-camera-mod-wide-angle-t3747263

2 Separate APK's (download both, they do not require each other though so you can use a different normal lens version if you want):

Install the two apps the have the full experience
- Tested on LG G5
- Tested on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Standard rear + front cam
- Wide rear + front cam
- Useless Google Cameras options removed which is great

All credits to cstark27

:cool::good:

Last edited:

Sonic Offline

May 2, 2012
I'm on a G5, and my camera crashes when playing with lens blur on the back lens. Any ideas on how to fix it? I did clear the data as you suggested.

Aragami84

Feb 17, 2018
MTL
I'm on a G5, and my camera crashes when playing with lens blur on the back lens. Any ideas on how to fix it? I did clear the data as you suggested.

I have no problem with mine with the normal and wide lens apps. Try un-installing both apps and do a clean up of the phone with a phone cleaner, then re-install both apps.

Sonic Offline

May 2, 2012
I have no problem with mine with the normal and wide lens apps. Try un-installing both apps and do a clean up of the phone with a phone cleaner, then re-install both apps.

I don't know what you mean by a "clean up" app but after running Power Clean or whatever it's called my camera still crashes.

Last edited:

Aragami84

Feb 17, 2018
MTL

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
Same problem as above...lens blur pics are just blank and app crashes when i try see pic taken from gcam app. Also each captured image is making another folder

LongTermMobileUser

Jun 19, 2018
Not working on my LG H850

:crying:
Tried the Apps yesterday but without success. Focus Mode always crashed in both Applications.
Version 3.8 (newest)

Sadfully no Google Cam for my H850

Last edited:

russy23

for me the Gcam HDR picture gives the best results

3 images to compare..stock LG with hdr on..gcam with hdr and gcam with hdr enhanced(to dark in my opinion)

didnt do that great, sorry

using latest release on h850

Attachments

• LGstockHDR.jpg
    LGstockHDR.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 2,531
  • GCamHDR.jpg
    GCamHDR.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 2,551
  • GcamEnhanced.jpg
    GcamEnhanced.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 2,555
Last edited:

bratt4316

Jul 2, 2015
Pardon me.maybe i didnt not look from thread if there is or not.just wanna ask if there is already availble ar sticker ar core for my beloved lg g5.tried and tested .tnx in advance

Sent from my LG-F700L using Tapatalk

tavocabe

Sep 5, 2010
Monterrey
Has anybody successfully installed and used AR stickers on the G5? tried many times with multiple apks but so far no success

rodrigoxm49

Jul 9, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Sadly doenst work on G5 SE (looks like there's no Gcam that works with it), but works really great on mine Zenfone 3!!! Thanks very much!!! I didnt like the photo preview from portrait pictures compared to Arnova, but now I have HDR+ working which is awesome!!!

Turquez

Oct 16, 2018
Hi. I am using this apk of cstark WITHOUT ROOT and the photos look amazing. The only problem I have is that I can not record at 1080p 60fps even if I select that quality. will it be because I have to activate the camera 2 api?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE: I am not a developer but I have tried my best to create a port that has most of the basics working on my LG V30. I cannot promise I can fix any bugs for other devices but if I have time, I can try to look into some. This version is based off Scrubber's [4PDA] and uses information I've learned from using and looking at Arnova8G2's, BSG's and others versions. All their work is much appreciated and is the only thing that makes this possible.

NOTE: This is how the V30's Camera ID's are laid out. My normal lens app uses ID 0 and 1. My wide lens app uses ID 1 and 2.
    • Camera 0 "LENS_FACING_BACK"
    • Camera 1 "LENS_FACING_FRONT"
    • Camera 2 "LENS_FACING_BACK" (wide angle)
    I cannot guarantee success on other devices, especially if the phone does not even report all cameras through the Camera2 API (use Camera2Test app to verify your device info). If you are on LineageOS, please consult your dev to see if they can alter the camera ID's to properly match LG stock roms, if my version does not work.

Working on my V30: Optical Image Stabilization; Front/Rear/Wide HDR+ ZSL & Enhanced; Front/Rear/Wide Portrait Mode; Front/Rear/Wide 1080p 30fps video; will test other functions later but the menus work

My normal version should work fine on devices that have a decent Camera2 API support. Snapdragon Galaxy S8, Note 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 8, Essential PH-1, HTC U11, etc.

cstark27 v3.6
    If you have issues, Clearing App Data is recommended. Open "Camera"> Settings>About>View App Settings Page>Storage>Clear Data

LG G6 Lineage users can use the toggle in the wide angle APK to fix their camera ID issue. You must force close the app.

-Added 5 Exposure Time settings for Adaptive Shutter Speed. "Super Slow" is the same as V3.5. "Very Slow" is about 2x faster and so on and so forth. On my phone "Slow" is not actually Slow and matches normal HDR+ Enhanced speed. But it may change depending on device so I left it.

-Normal APK: Save HDR+ choice after going into Settings (credit Miniuser123)

-Organized Settings>Advanced by grouping all HDR+ Enhanced stuff into a section. Changed a couple strings so they'd be translated to other languages.

-Skip Color Fix if Adaptive Shutter is enabled

-Removed Slow Motion menu item unless you have a LG G5, G6, V20, or V30. BUT, you can enable it in Settings>Experimental.

-Wide APK: Change HDR+ Config to Taimen so ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) is back, but I've defaulted HDR+ to Enhanced. This won't change until you clear app data or go into settings though.

-Wide APK: Remove Slow Motion menu item

There is no model or config to set, you should be good to go after installing. But here is the setup:

-Normal Lens APK Config:
    --LG G6
    ---Rear Model: Nexus 6 (shamu), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)
    --All other devices
    -Wide Lens APK Config:
    --LG G6
    ---Rear Model: Nexus 6P (angler), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)
    --LG G5, V20, V30

Previous Versions:

cstark27 v3.5
    -Clearing App Data is recommended. Open "Camera"> Settings>About>View App Settings Page>Storage>Clear Data
    -Added Advanced>HDR+ Enhanced Portrait Mode : This forces Portrait Mode to use HDR+ Enhanced which will offer better dynamic range but you lose Zero Shutter Lag (Thanks Arnova8G2 for this cool trick)
    -Added Advanced>HDR+ Enhanced Adaptive Shutter Speed : This is the Slow Shutter mod from miniuser123. I would say this is "beta" for LG devices. I know on my V30 some tuning is needed to the parameters but I want your guys feedback first. It only affects HDR+ Enhanced. The shutter speed will slow down the darker your scene is. You probably want a tripod or something to prop your phone against, for best sharpness. In normal lighting the shutter speed seems to be the same as before so I don't think it would be a negative to leave this on - but it's your choice and needs testing.
    -Added LG G6 Lineage Camera ID Fix toggle to Wide Angle APK so there shouldn't need to be separate Lineage builds for G6 anymore
    -Optimizations courtesy of Arnova8G2

cstark27 v3.4
    -Added Lens Blur Mode on side menu
    -Added Advanced>LG G6 Color Fix from cstark27 v3
    -Removed Zero Shutter Lag option from Wide Angle due to issue with very over-exposed highlights. Will be brought back when this issue is fixed.
    -Removed Disable ZSL toggle as it did not fix anything and caused more problems

cstark27 v3.1 standard and v3.2 wide
    -JPEG quality increased to 98% by default
    -Removed LG G6 Color Fix option hoping the model change fixes their color issues (you may Delete Data of the app)
    -HDR+ Parameters moved to Advanced menu

cstark27 v3 wide angle beta 1 (with LG G6 LineageOS patch)
    -Fix front camera crash
    -Change "config" to Nexus 6P (ZSL on the wide angle does not process HDR+ currently, so this ensures the user always gets HDR+ processing)

cstark27 v3 wide angle alpha
    -ALPHA version of wide angle support

cstark27 v3
    -fix G6 video (and probably other Android 7.0 devices) thanks to Arnova8G2
    -add LG G6 Color Fix option under advanced thanks to Arnova8G2

cstark27 v2.1
    -EXIF fix, thanks Arnova8G2
    -Enable HDR+ toggle by default
    -Uncheck camera:use_photos by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this makes it use Google Photos.)
    -Uncheck camera:enable_micro by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this enables Motion Photos for Oreo only(?)

cstark27 v2
    -fixed video on Pixel configs for LG V30

cstark27 v1
    -based off Scrubber's APK
    -forced model of front camera to Nexus 6P for proper HDR+ Processing and color (thanks BSG)
    -rear model is set to Taimen

As always, thanks to Scrubber (whose APK I started with), Arnova8G2, BSG.

Here a Google Camera Port & Mod by cstark27
    See the link below for the original post and faster updates (I'll update this post when I can)
    Original Post : https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/themes/cstark27-google-camera-mod-wide-angle-t3747263

Install the two apps the have the full experience
    - Tested on LG G5
    - Tested on Android 7.0 Nougat
    - Standard rear + front cam
    - Wide rear + front cam
    - Useless Google Cameras options removed which is great

All credits to cstark27

:cool::good:
    Although it says that it's been tested on an LG G5, when attempting to install onto my LG G5 SE it says that it's incompatible.
    (Downloaded only the standard APK due to network connectivity issues)

LG g5 has Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, but G5 SE has Qualcomm Snapdragon 652.
    1st find out if you use camera2api. you can do that from adb command getprop | grep camera, or download
    Camera2 API Probe. If you have camera2api enabled (you will see a line persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1), then try to install again one apk from this thread and if this doesn't work again, try a mod made for qualcomm 652 like this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-OyWgX7x68mdzV5UTNudzNUZVk/view.
    If you don't have it enabled, then search how to enable it. You might need root.
    Does portrait mode work on lg g5?

yes it's working i am using google camera on my lg g5 for almost a year.Way better quality than the stock LG app

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78460349&postcount=99
    https://t.me/gcammi8mi/113
    I am using both of these versions one is 5.2 and other is 6.1 with night sight from pixel 3
    Thanks for the mod.

Blur isn't working on stock firmware without root Oreo H831, crashes when using this effect. Also picture is corrupted when trying to open from gallery...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk