FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Does the Kernel run smooth?

good performance?
 
14 Vote(s)
60.87%
great battery life?
 
16 Vote(s)
69.57%
Good for gaming?
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[KERNEL][8.0][9.0][H872][H870][US997] BEAST KERNEL {stock}{aosp}

539 posts
Thanks Meter: 434
 
By beany23, Senior Member on 27th January 2019, 05:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2019, 02:14 AM |#101  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey just before I go ahead and flash this great work of an kernel onto my device. Will it be full functionality and my main concern is, will android pay be blocked due to the detection of a alteration?
 
 
1st March 2019, 02:16 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middletown
Thanks Meter: 434
 
Donate to Me
More
New builds out tomorrow V1.90 will be live. Reverted all clocks to standard for now, I pulled some logs and they were indeed using way too much power, even the 1824mhz step on the small cluster was using way too much. I completely disabled vdd restriction and worked on intelli thermal, which should work better now. I also implemented Zen tune v4.15 for the ondemand Gov. some additional optimizations for the gpu, Also underclocked gpu down to 100mhz, adreno boost/idle also re-worked. New power effeciency workques for both clusters. Blu-active updated to newest version and a few other things.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 02:20 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middletown
Thanks Meter: 434
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasEvansOBV

Hey just before I go ahead and flash this great work of an kernel onto my device. Will it be full functionality and my main concern is, will android pay be blocked due to the detection of a alteration?

I'd wait until tomorrow when V1.90 is released im using it right now and its amazing. android pay should work, I believe that has to do with magisk though so I'm not 100% sure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 03:52 PM |#104  
DJPRMF's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 70
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

New builds out tomorrow V1.90 will be live. Reverted all clocks to standard for now, I pulled some logs and they were indeed using way too much power, even the 1824mhz step on the small cluster was using way too much. I completely disabled vdd restriction and worked on intelli thermal, which should work better now. I also implemented Zen tune v4.15 for the ondemand Gov. some additional optimizations for the gpu, Also underclocked gpu down to 100mhz, adreno boost/idle also re-worked. New power effeciency workques for both clusters. Blu-active updated to newest version and a few other things.

Looks awesome, Can't wait to test it
1st March 2019, 04:26 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

Not that long I'll try to add it today.

I flashed beta yesterday, works fine so far. But wanted to mention that i don't think adreno idler is working. Now i do understand from what you said earlier that the button is not supposed to be there, but the minimum clock is still 214 and not 1xx.
1st March 2019, 05:10 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middletown
Thanks Meter: 434
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusk

I flashed beta yesterday, works fine so far. But wanted to mention that i don't think adreno idler is working. Now i do understand from what you said earlier that the button is not supposed to be there, but the minimum clock is still 214 and not 1xx.

That build doesnt have the 100mhz step enabled. The build I'm releasing later today does though.
The Following User Says Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 05:26 PM |#107  
Senior Member
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

That build doesnt have the 100mhz step enabled. The build I'm releasing later today does though.

I see, i thought adreno idler meant a freq below 200, as the only time i've tried it, there was a button and a freq below 200mhz.
2nd March 2019, 05:39 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middletown
Thanks Meter: 434
 
Donate to Me
More
Sorry for the delay. I completely forgot that I didnt add the voltage floor and ceilings for the overclock/underclock frequencies, which was another reason for the extreme heating it caused.
The build will be out tomorrow for sure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 11:56 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

Sorry for the delay. I completely forgot that I didnt add the voltage floor and ceilings for the overclock/underclock frequencies, which was another reason for the extreme heating it caused.
The build will be out tomorrow for sure.

No worries, we'll wait.
4th March 2019, 11:40 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middletown
Thanks Meter: 434
 
Donate to Me
More
Ya sorry going through some family stuff right now. Will post build when i can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 01:36 AM |#111  
DJPRMF's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 70
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

Ya sorry going through some family stuff right now. Will post build when i can.

Keep it cool
The Following User Says Thank You to DJPRMF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJPRMF Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes