CONGRATS TO @davidporter1010 ON THE FIRST EVER ROOTED LG G6!!!
Video review by @davidporter1010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=alH4YEiV5bc
A message to those with other variants of the G6:
The H870 International variant and the us997 are the only ones with an official bootloader unlock from LG.
Should there be a time where your flashing mechanisms get cracked, simply mention my name on this thread or via private message and I would be happy to create a thread with TWRP for your device.
WHAT IS TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
You can donate here to help me buy a us997 and that way I can further contribute towards development:
You can find the recovery here:
FULL STEPS FOR OBTAINING ROOT
Follow LG's bootloader unlocking instructions here before you begin!
1. Download the latest TWRP .img for your device from this thread
2. Use the same fastboot tool you downloaded in the LG unlock instructions to flash TWRP using the command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-us997.img
* Replace x.x.x-x with the actual version you are flashing!
3. Enter "fastboot reboot recovery" into the fastboot tool
4. Swipe to allow modifications, then hit wipe and tap format data, type "yes" and press enter
3. Install SuperSU, or Magisk to gain root and make system bootable, or just flash
no DMvertity opt file to make system bootable without root
8. Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
@jcadduono for the template of this thread @jimbomodder for helping me pull the stock recovery @Rashed97 for the early TWRP test build he did from source @J0SH1X who's twrp build this is based off @zefie for backup fix