FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] TWRP for LG G6 US997 (unofficial)

955 posts
Thanks Meter: 708

Post Reply Email Thread

CONGRATS TO @davidporter1010 ON THE FIRST EVER ROOTED LG G6!!!

Video review by @davidporter1010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=alH4YEiV5bc

A message to those with other variants of the G6:
The H870 International variant and the us997 are the only ones with an official bootloader unlock from LG.
Should there be a time where your flashing mechanisms get cracked, simply mention my name on this thread or via private message and I would be happy to create a thread with TWRP for your device.

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

DOWNLOAD

BUILD 4
You can donate here to help me buy a us997 and that way I can further contribute towards development:
paypal.me/VoRt3xElarixx
You can find the recovery here:
Recommended:
https://files.persona.cc/zefie/files...US997_rel3.zip
Unstable 2:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545578664
Unstable: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...l9LQWhIc2k0RkU

FULL STEPS FOR OBTAINING ROOT
Follow LG's bootloader unlocking instructions here before you begin!

1. Download the latest TWRP .img for your device from this thread

2. Use the same fastboot tool you downloaded in the LG unlock instructions to flash TWRP using the command:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-us997.img
* Replace x.x.x-x with the actual version you are flashing!

3. Enter "fastboot reboot recovery" into the fastboot tool

4. Swipe to allow modifications, then hit wipe and tap format data, type "yes" and press enter

3. Install SuperSU, or Magisk to gain root and make system bootable, or just flash
no DMvertity opt file to make system bootable without root

8. Go to [Reboot] -> [System].

Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.

Github:
https://github.com/Nima0003/TWRP-H870

CREDITS:
@jcadduono for the template of this thread @jimbomodder for helping me pull the stock recovery @Rashed97 for the early TWRP test build he did from source @J0SH1X who's twrp build this is based off @zefie for backup fix
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nima0003 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nima0003 Ad-Free
30th June 2017, 10:01 PM |#2  
Flag Celina ohio
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Does not work just get the green a droid laying on his back also fastboot reboot recovery does not work
30th June 2017, 10:13 PM |#3  
Flag Some where
Thanks Meter: 297

Donate to Me
More
on comp in cmd type adb reboot bootloader
then will reboot to bootloader while in the type fastboot flash recovery recovery name.img
once done unplug device then hold down vol down and power will reboot soon soonas you see lg logo still hold vol down let go of power then quickly press it again that will bring you to a screen click yes the click yes again then that will boot you in to twrp and now your good to go
The Following User Says Thank You to strikerdj2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strikerdj2011 Ad-Free
30th June 2017, 10:27 PM |#4  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerdj2011

on comp in cmd type adb reboot bootloader
then will reboot to bootloader while in the type fastboot flash recovery recovery name.img
once done unplug device then hold down vol down and power will reboot soon soonas you see lg logo still hold vol down let go of power then quickly press it again that will bring you to a screen click yes the click yes again then that will boot you in to twrp and now your good to go

Ok i got but everything stays read only cannot format data or mount anything but twrp is there.nice job
30th June 2017, 10:37 PM |#5  
Flag Some where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillim74

Ok i got but everything stays read only cannot format data or mount anything but twrp is there.nice job

try this

HOW-TO INITIALIZE TWRP: (for new phones)
1. If you completed Part 1 successfully, you should be in TWRP now. At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
2. Select "Keep /system RO". (Don't swipe right or you may not be able to boot into system if you failed to complete next steps. However, you can swipe right to allow modifications if you are confident that you can complete next steps.)
3. Go to "Wipe" menu of TWRP and you will find "Format Data". Press "Format Data" and type "yes" to continue.
4. Go to "Reboot" menu and Press "Recovery" to reboot TWRP.
5. Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip on your computer.
6. Transfer the zip to your phone.
- Option 1: MTP: Connect your phone with computer and just copy the zip to internal storage. (similar to how you transfer files when in system.)
- Option 2: ADB: Connect your phone with computer and run command "adb push /path/to/zip /sdcard/".
- Option 3: External SD: Copy the zip to an external SD and then insert the card to your phone.
7. Go to "Install" menu of TWRP and flash the zip.

TWRP is initialized and fully functional at this stage. Now you can either reboot into system or root, flash custom ROMs via TWRP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strikerdj2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strikerdj2011 Ad-Free
30th June 2017, 11:03 PM |#6  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Thats the part im not getting is in the very beggining the swipe to the right to allow mofifications
30th June 2017, 11:06 PM |#7  
Flag Some where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thats the part im not getting is in the very beggining the swipe to the right to allow mofifications

click read only button then follow other post
30th June 2017, 11:22 PM |#8  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Quote:

click read only button then follow other post

there is no read only button it goes straight to the main menu where it asks you to install,wipe etc
when i format data i get unable to locate storage,unable to find partition path system and data
30th June 2017, 11:25 PM |#9  
Flag Some where

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

there is no read only button it goes straight to the main menu where it asks you to install,wipe etc
when i format data i get unable to locate storage,unable to find partition path system and data

hmmmm nima will have to look a that as i aint a dev lol
30th June 2017, 11:26 PM |#10  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Quote:

hmmmm nima will have to look a that as i aint a dev lol

indeed but twrp is there
The Following User Says Thank You to gillim74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gillim74 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)