By AlinM., Senior Member on 21st January 2019, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2019, 10:33 AM |#611  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teidybugi

I didn't have this problem with stock. This problem appeared as soon I've installed this ROM, firstly with no roaming data and now no data at all. That's why I'm afraid, because atm it looks like the problem is with this ROM and I would like to avoid to re-flash it, but if there won't be any other choice, I guess I'l have to do it.

You should try a clean flash

19th July 2019, 05:33 PM |#612  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinM.

You should try a clean flash

I did clean flash the first time... I guess I'll try it again and hope it will work. Any recommendations on backup app?
19th July 2019, 07:10 PM |#613  
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teidybugi

I did clean flash the first time... I guess I'll try it again and hope it will work. Any recommendations on backup app?

Migrate or titanium

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

If its charging and you reboot screen doesn't work. random screen doesn't work also. Tried many builds and clean flashes issue isn't fixed and , sometimes slow charging and sometimes rapidly on stock charger
19th July 2019, 10:34 PM |#614  

More
Okay, i need help. After going from stock h870 oreo i installed TWRP 3.2.3-Nebula_Alpha_20180813, wiped everything, then flashed Magisk v19.3 (newest one), rebooted, wiped everything, then the lastest version of Pixel Experience. Everything went smooth, and phone was working great - i started to configure it all, etc. then i rebooted it and booom....
It boots normally, asks me for a password after restart (as it should), then after like 10 seconds (doesnt matter if i enter the password) it freezes, brightness goes to full and it goes back to asking for password, like it was just powered on. No matter what im doing, even if i put it on the desk it keeps doing, like, "soft" reboots, because it doesnt actually reboot but acts like it just booted... Any ideas whats wrong? Its completely unusable in this state...
20th July 2019, 02:49 AM |#615  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbi123

Okay, i need help. After going from stock h870 oreo i installed TWRP 3.2.3-Nebula_Alpha_20180813, wiped everything, then flashed Magisk v19.3 (newest one), rebooted, wiped everything, then the lastest version of Pixel Experience. Everything went smooth, and phone was working great - i started to configure it all, etc. then i rebooted it and booom....
It boots normally, asks me for a password after restart (as it should), then after like 10 seconds (doesnt matter if i enter the password) it freezes, brightness goes to full and it goes back to asking for password, like it was just powered on. No matter what im doing, even if i put it on the desk it keeps doing, like, "soft" reboots, because it doesnt actually reboot but acts like it just booted... Any ideas whats wrong? Its completely unusable in this state...

It's your fault, and why would you flash magisk before flashing the ROM lol.
1.wipe dalvik, cache, system, data
2. Format data
3. Flash PE and magisk(optional)
4.Boot into system
The Following User Says Thank You to AlinM. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlinM. Ad-Free
20th July 2019, 01:19 PM |#616  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinM.

It's your fault, and why would you flash magisk before flashing the ROM lol.
1.wipe dalvik, cache, system, data
2. Format data
3. Flash PE and magisk(optional)
4.Boot into system

i wont tell you why i flashed it, idk
thats my first time installing custom rom on a phone, and i was following a tutorial but had a lot of issues with dead links, with twrp that was used in the tutorial but was crashing on my device, etc. so i ended up mixing few guides to install it.

however did what u said, basically everything ive done before without magisk flash and it looks like the issue isnt there anymore, thanks!
could you please tell me why would i need magisk then, if i can sucessfully flash a device without it?
20th July 2019, 02:17 PM |#617  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbi123

i wont tell you why i flashed it, idk
thats my first time installing custom rom on a phone, and i was following a tutorial but had a lot of issues with dead links, with twrp that was used in the tutorial but was crashing on my device, etc. so i ended up mixing few guides to install it.

however did what u said, basically everything ive done before without magisk flash and it looks like the issue isnt there anymore, thanks!
could you please tell me why would i need magisk then, if i can sucessfully flash a device without it?

Magisk is root, if you need root you flash magisk, otherwise you don't have to flash it
20th July 2019, 11:28 PM |#618  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneworrior

From what I remember you verified that you have 872 hardware. That being said as far as KDZ you're making this way more difficult than it should be. Go back to stock 11g using lgup. Then restart the rooting process by using lgup to install the 918laf partition only then the rest of the kdz files from 11g minus laf partition then proceed to root using fwul USB.
After rooting 11g stay on stock rooted 11g and use twrp wipe then flash Oreo bootloader then pixel experience ROM then root pixel experience ROM all in that order all the while staying in twrp. Perform all four steps in twrp directly from rooted 11g. Hopefully then you'll have your fingerprint scanner back. Just one thing. After going back to stock 11g verify that your fingerprint scanner is working correctly on stock unrooted rom to verify this isn't a hardware issue.

Thanks so much for your help, it's working as expected now. I think last time I must've wiped at the wrong step.
20th July 2019, 11:37 PM |#619  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibichuba

Thanks so much for your help, it's working as expected now. I think last time I must've wiped at the wrong step.

Awesome 🤙
25th July 2019, 06:50 PM |#620  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I have all of my settings correct for okay Google to work on my lock screen but my phone still doesn't hear or recognize that I am saying okay Google is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the latest build using a 872. Everything else seems to be working great.
31st July 2019, 02:46 PM |#621  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneworrior

I have all of my settings correct for okay Google to work on my lock screen but my phone still doesn't hear or recognize that I am saying okay Google is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the latest build using a 872. Everything else seems to be working great.

So you have "Voice Match" enabled? Does it work on the home screen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)