[ROM][H870|H872|US997] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-15.1 for LG G6

Should we re-partition /system for /vendor to be able to go treble and GSI?

• Yes.

Votes: 162 94.2%
  • No.

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hawkeyexp

May 26, 2006
lineage-15.1-20190313-X86CPU

I am still around. I've had medical issues to deal with and now recovering after a hip replacement surgery.

Synced from latest sources, including March security update.

Keep in mind you will need to have a Nougat bootstack to get fingerprint working.

Welcome back and best whiches for a successful recovery!

Sathim

May 13, 2011
Running this for 48h now - stable, no issues so far.

Feels much faster than the stock Rom!

Thank you x86cpu!

Silberhase

Sep 28, 2015
I'm pretty satisfied with this rom so far, everything seems to be woking.
The only issue I've noticed is some kind of battery drain, the battery went down from 73% to 67% over night within 10 hours without using the device, wifi, bluetooth, nfc and mobile data are turned off. Do you have some advice for this?

Device: H870
Installed packages: lineage-15.1-20190516-X86CPU and the open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20190524
Installed apps: Firefox Klar, heise online, Signal Messenger

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm pretty satisfied with this rom so far, everything seems to be woking.
The only issue I've noticed is some kind of battery drain, the battery went down from 73% to 67% over night within 10 hours without using the device, wifi, bluetooth, nfc and mobile data are turned off. Do you have some advice for this?

Device: H870
Installed packages: lineage-15.1-20190516-X86CPU and the open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20190524
Installed apps: Firefox Klar, heise online, Signal Messenger

Uhh... 6% in 10 hours overnight? Awesome! I lose about 3% / hour with screen off.

knzor

Dec 8, 2014
Barcelona
@x86cpu

Hi, and thanks for keeping this ROM alive.

At present I'm running 14.1, unfortunately discontinued now aside of security updates backported.

I am compiling it by myself following lineageos guide. The only change I've done was adding wireguard kernel module using method B from this post and using magisk for adaway.

As a side note, I don't use google apps and ROM works nice and sweet. It reboots by its own from time to time but that's no big deal.

I'm interested in your ROM, more specifically on compiling it by myself. Could you give me a couple of quick tips on how to achieve this? I see that sources are posted on the first page but I don't understand how to create the environment.

Any advice or link to a guide/tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

thekeemo

Mar 3, 2015
Having a bit of an issue on the H872
I installed the nougat bootloader, to-x86cpu.zip, and then the main zip but all I get is a bootloop with the LG Logo and the bootloader is unlocked warning.

elwood_

Dec 14, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I'm using HavocOS now. Works great.

I got mine working. I flashed the FullStock ROM from here (bootloader only caused bootloop) and followed the rest of the instructions here.

I have noticed two problems though.

1. 'Ok Google" doesn't work, it will not stay turned on. I read earlier in the thread that this was not working for most custom ROMs. Is this still broken?
2. When using the Dialer i get mixed results with incoming/outgoing phonecalls. 80% of the time the entire GUI lags and i end up getting an error: "process system not responding". usually takes a minute or two for the dialer to initiate the phonecall. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Incoming calls sometimes work. Other times i notice the network switch from LTE+ to H during an incoming call but nothing else happens, the dialer never pops up.

I've tried quite a few fixes. I'm either going to try a factory reset or do another clean flash. Maybe i screwed something up the first time.

Edit: This is on H872 with Gapps Full.

Edit2: I did a clean install with Gapps Full and the dialer issue was still there. Wiped and installed Gapps pico and the issue seems to be resolved. I'll install the rest of the Gapps manually and test after each to try and determine which one is causing the dialer issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG G6 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a us997 variant for testing, so other variants might have some issues.

Known items

Install
    • You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

Notes
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I have a us997 variant for testing. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what g6 variant you have (h870, h872, us997) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date and variant)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1

Sources
    lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

Surprise! I still am here, real life/work is getting busy, so been quiet for a bit. I also try to ensure I test each UNOFFICIAL I release so it does not cause issues. Plus building for all LG msm8996 devices (g5/g6/v20) takes about 8-14 hours (14 devices). Includes test flashing the ROM on my dev devices. I also use a v20 for my daily driver, so I ensure that works as well before releasing things. This might be the last one for a while before/and/or 3.14.

* Updated Lineage sources, nothing majorly new or fixed. The Oct security updates are included.

Enjoy.
    lineage-15.1-20180726-UNOFFICIAL

lineage-15.1-20180726-UNOFFICIAL

• Updated sources.
    • There is a test script run, which should just output "Checking for vendor partition...". Currently, it is just testing things out. If you use adb shell while flashing it and tail -f /tmp/recovery.log, there is more output. There might be a real possibility of shrinking /system by 512Mg and creating a 512Mg /vendor partition.
    • AOD is disabled now.
    • The stock Thermal engine is still in place. This will limit QC to 1a, which screen it on. Non-QC appears to go higher if screen on. This is to minimize heat while using it.
    • Testing a kernel change to get rid of a lge_charging_wake_lock, which seemed to just creep up at times and cause Deep Sleep issues after hours/days... (Was days for me.)
    • Pending changes to merge: http://bit.ly/2OjU6s0

Again, this is signed with my keys, so if you have not flashed the to-x86cpu.zip, you need to flash that at least once coming from a build earlier than 0720. (There is no harm if you flash it again, but it is not needed). If you wipe data, the to-x86cpu.zip is not needed to be flashed.

You might notice a file in the g6 folder "recovery-twrp-us997-2018-07-18-3.2.2-1.img". It is a us997 TWRP recovery that works with LineageOS encryption. I may make ones for H870/H872, but have not yet.
    Does someone know if/when this will be become the official LOS 15.1 for H870?

x86cpu back at it again, building for my device :D
    (also you should get with the times, I'm sure the builds would be much faster on an x64 cpu lol)

What does it matter if it's official?

x64 or it didn't happen =P

When i took the alias of x86cpu, 64-bit wasn't even thought of. Took it in college when I was nicked named cpu for getting my labs done before class and getting an A in every CS class. Most programming was on 8086 systems. cpu was to popular to take so I had to improvise. I was using it before Google was even around.

Official status... soon.
    lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

Just an update, latest December security update too.