FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][H870|H872|US997] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for LG G6

1,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,116

Post Reply Email Thread

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G6 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
  • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
  • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
  • Do NOT be rude.
  • Respect all users.
  • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a us997 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:
Install
  • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
  • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
  • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
  • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
  • Magisk if you choose
  • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
  • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the us997 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
Please indicate what g6 variant you have (h870, h872, us997) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
  • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • LineageOS Team
  • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free

2nd April 2019, 11:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
What is working:
  • WiFi
  • Camera
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
  • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
  • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
  • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
  • IR
  • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 11:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to x86cpu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x86cpu Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 05:23 AM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thank you very much for providing LineageOS for our LG G6.

Gonna try it later this week.
3rd April 2019, 10:51 AM |#5  
Can't seem to get this installed on my lg g6 h870 variant. Twrp comes up with updater failed error code 7. I've downloaded the h870 version of lineage but doesn't work. Tried two different downloads. Please help would love to try this ROM out
3rd April 2019, 04:57 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler13

Can't seem to get this installed on my lg g6 h870 variant. Twrp comes up with updater failed error code 7. I've downloaded the h870 version of lineage but doesn't work. Tried two different downloads. Please help would love to try this ROM out

Flash stock, wipe and try to flash LOS.
3rd April 2019, 06:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler13

Bootstack is to high, you cannot be using the Oreo bootstack yet.
3rd April 2019, 07:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can install this rom if im on another PIE based rom?
3rd April 2019, 10:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Great news !

@x86cpu - which device repo did you use? LG-G6-DEV's for the testbuilds?
3rd April 2019, 10:04 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyexp

Great news !

@x86cpu - which device repo did you use? LG-G6-DEV's for the testbuilds?

LineageOS
3rd April 2019, 10:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Crazy - muppets vendor or your private (i noticed your blobs updates on it).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)