FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Headphone Jack fix for Audio cutting out & activating google assistant

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By mervin989, Member on 2nd September 2017, 03:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright i am going to make a new thread, i created an album on imgur and posted on reddit and in another thread here, but still have people asking how to fix it. Hopefully this turns up in google/xda forum search.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5cou6

LG G6 suffering from intermittent disconnections, Google Assistant popups or track skipping? Simple fix for that, no need to send the phone in or have it replaced.

Side note: I am what some would call an audiophile/audio enthusiast, and I also work in the live sound industry, where setting up sound systems and operating them also requires me to play songs off my phone to keep you entertained at times. My ATH-M50x started to suffer from the above problems with all 3 cables and i was wondering what happened, apparently LG has bad manufacturing tolerances and this is the result. When the tabs get depressed, the intermittent connections cause the phone to go crazy, and cables with 4-pole/TRRS (meaning with a mic) tend to be
very slightly larger than the standard 3-pole/TRS jack. Hence other people mentioning that 4-pole cables working while standard 3-pole doesn't.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mervin989 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mervin989 Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 07:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You saved me from sending my phone back.
Thanks 1000 times!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Raphyo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raphyo Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 08:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
I replied in the other topic already, but seems that one is dead.
Thanks a bunch for this wonderful tip, no more crackling sound when connecting, no more sudden voice assistant popping up.
18th December 2017, 07:06 AM |#4  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Oh my goodness, thank you so much, first my camera, then the audio jack, glad I could save the audio jack! It's a nice phone, but I feel like quality wise it's half way there compared to other phones. Thank you again!
5th February 2018, 02:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Perfect!
Thanks man, it perfectly worked! You made my day!
5th February 2018, 02:34 PM |#6  
Flag buenos aires
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OMG ! thanks, i love you! I started with this problem after immersing it in the water. Then I noticed that the plug had been sulphated and I cleaned it with alcohol.
5th February 2018, 07:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Thanks, thanks, thanks. I just before three days bought ATH-MSR7 and I was thinking that I have bad original audio cable. So problem is gone.
16th May 2018, 09:13 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This worked for me and fixed my headphone jack, just encouraged the right hand tab out slightly and the intermittent connection is must more reliable.

Thank you sir
20th June 2018, 05:06 PM |#9  
va

More

thanks!!
3rd September 2018, 02:49 PM |#10  
Flag Upper Midwest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
You're a lifesaver.
4th September 2018, 09:02 PM |#11  

More
A huge thanks again, my problem wasn't that serious but with the auxiliary cable just moving around a bit creating a buzzing noise while driving due to a loose contact was just annoying me knowing this phone isn't that old
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audio cutout, fix, google assistant, headphone jack, track skipping

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)