FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G6 heating up

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By anoop1005, Junior Member on 2nd May 2017, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I see the camera lens gets heated up after taking 5 to 6 snaps continuously. Also after using google maps & downloading some apps from play store, i see back side of the phone gets heated (not very extensive CPU operation).
Did anyone face similar issues?

2nd May 2017, 09:25 PM |#2  
I'm a Yank in Texas
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Under heavy use this phone has to be the "coolest" running phone I've had in a long time. Even charging it gets warm, but not hot.

The phone getting warmer is normal with use, the camera is mostly software so it is CPU heavy.

If it's getting "hot" there's an issue. Remove the case if you have one on. See if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
4th May 2017, 10:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i am having the same issue. did you find a solution to this yet?
4th May 2017, 10:11 PM |#4  

More
Mine seems to be getting really warm too, after using it for a bit. I installed a temp monitoring app and my battery and you both go between 78-96f. Is that normal for this phone, or is it something that I should get an exchange over?
4th May 2017, 10:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve13

Mine seems to be getting really warm too, after using it for a bit. I installed a temp monitoring app and my battery and you both go between 78-96f. Is that normal for this phone, or is it something that I should get an exchange over?

35C (or 96F) is nothing to worry about. That's actually cool compared to most other phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saythis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saythis Ad-Free
5th May 2017, 01:09 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saythis

35C (or 96F) is nothing to worry about. That's actually cool compared to most other phones.

Good to know! It's been a long time since I've even thought about phone temps, let alone notice mine change.
5th May 2017, 07:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
my set hit 50c with light usage.. not sure what happen.
Camera app also use up alot of power
5th May 2017, 10:35 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Mine got heated initially for the first 2-3 days, and then it's been absolutely fine after that. I have the Indian Variant in case that helps.
7th May 2017, 11:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s88

my set hit 50c with light usage.. not sure what happen.
Camera app also use up alot of power

Mine only rose 10F after using the camera for a little while. Went from 78F to 88F. I recorded video, took a ton of photos repeatedly.

Just for comparison, after about 45 mins of gaming it tops out at 96-97F.
14th May 2017, 05:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
My G6 is also heating up. Every time it heats up, I open the Battery Usage and stop "Media", just this one act makes the phone very cold in 2 minutes as if I have not used it for long time. What is this Media? how can I stop it automatically?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to anilhk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anilhk Ad-Free
14th May 2017, 05:51 PM |#11  
I'm a Yank in Texas
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Sounds like you have a rogue app. I don't think I've ever seen my media do that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to skyfox99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skyfox99 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)