2 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By 1joe6, Junior Member on 6th August 2018, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2019, 02:14 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When nothing else worked
I bought a $5 Vivitar wireless charger from Target. It was able to charge my phone without the moisture detection warning. After it fully charged the phone the plug started to work again as well and the error stopped popping up. None of the other troubleshooting on the thread had worked for me. Some of the settings in my phone are different for some reason. I wish I'd never gotten these phones as they are considered tier 2 with T-Mobile and not worth as much so trade in is not going the way I'd like it to. I hope this can help someone. I will be Googling my next phone before purchase. Ugh.

5th January 2019, 05:26 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Im hopeless, thinking about getting a new phone... One day suddenly this fkn moisture message started poppin up, tried to clean it a hundred times, changing like 10 different cables with no luck. Tried to disable the message in secret menu with 0 luck. Current situation, that when the battery goes absolute 0 and the phone turns of, i can charge it in that charging UI, which doesnt seem to recognize the moisture. (even charges is fast mode). Now comes the super annoying part: after it charged, that moisture detected message pops up every 5 second (had to mute the phone because it keeps vibrating and making sound)
Now, should i consider installing a custom ROM? Im thinking that only LG's romhas this fkn moisture stuff, and a custom ROM maybe charges the phone with no problem..
Cheers
Sorry for broken english
7th January 2019, 11:01 PM |#23  

More
Working fix
assuming you have some battery left, type *#546368#*870# with the last 3 digits being your phone model no. into the dial pad, this will access the hidden menu.
go into svc menu, moisture detect setting, then disable it. phone will restart.
obviously youre disabling a sensor, so at your own risk.
for me the error still pops up at start up and repeatadely every so often but if you replug the phone, it will charge no problem. adjust notifiction settings to hide the error.
am working on a fix to remove the error notifiction. thought id share as it worked for me, not perfect but works.

edit;
used a h870 g6 and now has all the latest updates but hadnt been updated for a year before that. i read somewhere that the hidden menu may be disabled for american and other variants of the g6, but worth a try.
also force stopping lg system server after doing the above after each time the phone starts up seems to remove the error entirely.

if anyone knows what lg system server actually is and what it does please let me know 'cos i just want rid of it at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to METLHOUND For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift METLHOUND Ad-Free
10th January 2019, 03:54 AM |#24  

More
Perfume works
Charging was gone....fon turned off...unable to charge again nothing seems to be working
Cleaned the port but of no use.....used dryers etc
SPRAYED PERFUME IN THE PORT AND LEFT FOR 5 HOURS ON THE TABLE
IT WORKED....PERFUME CARRIES ALCOHOL TOO
11th January 2019, 01:56 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienAnarchy

Im hopeless, thinking about getting a new phone... One day suddenly this fkn moisture message started poppin up, tried to clean it a hundred times, changing like 10 different cables with no luck. Tried to disable the message in secret menu with 0 luck. Current situation, that when the battery goes absolute 0 and the phone turns of, i can charge it in that charging UI, which doesnt seem to recognize the moisture. (even charges is fast mode). Now comes the super annoying part: after it charged, that moisture detected message pops up every 5 second (had to mute the phone because it keeps vibrating and making sound)
Now, should i consider installing a custom ROM? Im thinking that only LG's romhas this fkn moisture stuff, and a custom ROM maybe charges the phone with no problem..
Cheers
Sorry for broken english

I'm using AOSP Extended and it completely eliminated the error. Nothing else I did solved the problem. LG-US997
12th January 2019, 05:58 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
there is a cure for this problem.

The sensor that controls the moisture detection on the USB port does not just detect moisture but any substance that is on or near or inside the area of the USB C connector.

Solution:
1: get a magnifying lens of some kind and a good flashlight. Shut off your phone!!!
2: look inside the USB C connector all around it I do not mean just the pins I mean the whole area of the connector.
3: remove any foreign substance. The bottom of the USB C connector should be a uniform(same) color all around the base of the pins. If it is not the same color there is a foreign substance and it needs to be cleaned thoroughly. Tools recommended a very fine tip pair of PC repair style tweezers, a can of compressed air, a small alcohol wipe(Not Cotton balls or anything else).
I actually found a small particle of some kind stuck at the bottom of my USB C port I scraped it away and then had to carefully scrape around the pins to remove it all and the compressed air did not do it by itself nor did any other cleaning method it was a hard substance.
*DO NOT SCRAPE THE PINS WITH THE TWEEZERS
Method: First remove any hard substance or as much of anything that is inside the connector area using the tweezers and canned air. Use the Alcohol wipe with the tweezers and wipe around the bottom and the pins(yes the pins). Finally use the canned air again to remove anything else that the wipe may have dislodged. While the phone is off plug the charging cable in and check to see if you get the moisture warning.
If warning persists be sure to use the compressed air on the ports right next to the USB port, pull out the Sim/SD tray and blast it with compressed air as well try plugging it in again.
Never apply a heat source directly or indirectly to the cover of the phone either the screen or the back as extreme heat can damage the phone and will void the warranty and usually will not help the situation as that kind of heat will evaporate the moisture which will condense again after the heat cools. it will be able to be seen once the phone is taken apart. If you happen to drop a phone into water either partially or fully submerged shut the phone down immediately(remove the battery if you can) get a plastic container with a snap/sealable lid. Put a good layer of white dry rice inside it and then lay the phone into the layer of rice and seal the container. Wait at least 12 hours before trying to start the phone.
When you can plug in the phone while it is off and not get the warning start the phone back up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidColer1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DavidColer1978 Ad-Free
13th January 2019, 10:14 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribehotspot

I'm using AOSP Extended and it completely eliminated the error. Nothing else I did solved the problem. LG-US997

Same for me, but I want to back to the stock rom, on extended rom android auto not working...
18th January 2019, 02:22 PM |#28  

More
Working fix MK.II
Earlier i posted that i had some success with disabling the moisture detect sensor, and now giving an update on my situation, my phone seems to charge and work perfectly fine.
All i did was replace the type c connector insinde the phone. If you have some experience with taking apart phones or electronics this isn't too bad. I followed the guides on ifixit and they are pretty clear on how to get into the phone.
If you plan on doing this yourself the connector i found from a somewhat good seller on ebay was £5-6. Some tips not included in the guide are that you shouldnt pry the rear glass panel too much or it will crack, so if you plan on reusing the panel use like a credit card or a guitar pick to get passed the adhesive, as there is some adhesive in the middle of the panel as well. I cracked my rear panel when i originally went investigating so now i need to get a new panel for around £10 and spend some more time if i want it waterproof. Otherwise it still works. You also dont need to remove the battery as the guide suggests, and the small plastic panel holding the connector is removeable and needs a little more force than you think you need for it to pop out. Also dont bother trying without a heat gun. I also made sure to re-enable the moisture detect sensor in the hidden menu to not get a false positive.

This was originally my brothers phone but since this issue he 'upgraded' to an iphone. We couldnt get it warrantied because he had a small crack on the top left of the screen that didnt need to be replaced as it didnt affect anything, and lg claimed that to get into the phone the screen had to be removed... they also quoted over £150 for the screen repair which a 3rd party company would do anyway and also couldnt guarantee that they could fix the moisture issue...
Anyway ive now got a cheap upgrade from my g5!
Hope this helps.
2nd February 2019, 04:35 PM |#29  

More
Simple FIX!
Remove, SIM, SD Card. CLEAN, Follow The Rest..... Done LG G6 ,,Working GREAT!. ITS THE $HIT SD CARD!!!.. NEXT!
The Following User Says Thank You to RosehipCaper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RosehipCaper Ad-Free
8th February 2019, 01:15 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosehipCaper

Remove, SIM, SD Card. CLEAN, Follow The Rest..... Done LG G6 ,,Working GREAT!. ITS THE $HIT SD CARD!!!.. NEXT!

Follow the rest? Could u be a bit more detailed please? TIA
11th March 2019, 04:33 PM |#31  

More
No go...
None of these fixes work for me. Just bought a wireless charging pad and Bam, chargeable phone. 😜
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)