Before we do anything i have to explain some stuff:
- I am not responsible for any damages that may occur during the installation or after it. I dont have every G7 on the world to test it so something unexpected can happen. Still if something is not clear ask here for help.
- Stock pie will work on almost every model (G710ULM and G710TIM and G710TM (Anything related to T-Mobile) models are not supported) while AOSP works only on phones with unlocked/unlocakbe bootloaders (such as G710EM) so please don't ask if your phone is supported.
Note: for models from ATT, Cricket, Sprint, BoostMobile, VirginMobile, AIO and Tracfone wont be able to go back to their stock firmware because ther is no KDZ or Dump available. Probably in the future there will be dumps of those models but for now there is no.
- Can't guarantee that every feature will work on Stock pie or AOSP.
- VoLTE and VoWiFi do not work.
Do a backup because your data will be completly wiped from your phone (including your Internal Storage)!
- 1st How to install Stock Korean pie.
Step 0: Make sure that you have read everything that was written above. Also please uninstall any previous version of LGUP if presented.
Step 1: Everything that you need:
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=18i...HuzInd7_sbRBvq (USB Drivers)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dJ...LpX9Mjumm5mtKp (LGUP 1.15.06)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V8...NBJdnW4gRj2uo0 (LGUP dll)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lR...qqnkk3lCvq2AIM (Korean Pie KDZ File)
- The USB Drivers (LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe)
- Then LGUP (LGUP_Dev_Frame_Ver_1_15_0_6.msi)
Step 3: Turn off your phone and then:
- Hold volume up
- Plug your USB Cable to your phone while holding volume up (The usb must be connected to your pc)!
- There will be a tab with the name "Ports"
- Open it and it shoud look lime this.
Note: If you dont see it or there is a problem with is. please try reinstalling the drivers from before.
- At the end it should say COMX.
- Remember that number. We will need it in the next step.
Step 5: Time to install pie!
- Go to Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
- Extract the "common" folder from LGUP dll (LGUP_Common.zip) inside the folder "model".
- Then go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP (if you're not already there)
- Hold the shift key and right click on a free space.
- Choose to open a command prompt.
- After that type Code:
lgup_cmd.exe comX "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" [KDZ Loctation]
- X = Your number from step 4 (e.g. com3)
- [KDZ Location] = Your full path to your Korean Pie KDZ File (G710N20c_00_LGU_KR_OP_0107.kdz)
After that the phone should start being flashed and after a bit it should boot to Korean pie
- 2nd How to install AOSP Pie.
Quote:A gentle reminder: This part is only for G710EM users that want AOSP!
No other model is supported
Also you need to first unlock your booloader here:
Step 0: Do Part 1 (installing korean pie)
- You cant skip it!
Step 2:Reboot to fastboot
- To reboot to fast boot turn off the phone.
- Hold volume down.
- Plug a USB Cable while still holding volume down (the usb hast to be pluggend to a pc)!
- You should be booted into fastboot.
Step 3: Extract android-sdk zip (platform-tools_r28.0.2-windows.zip) to your desktop (or a place where you will remember).
- After that go inside the extracted folder
- Hold shift and rick click on a free space
- Choose to open a command prompt
- After that type Code:
fastboot --set-active=a flash boot_a [TWRP_RealPie.img full path]
- TWRP_RealPie.img full path = the full path of your boot image (in this case TWRP_RealPie.img)
- Also type Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a [vbmeta_a.img full path]
- vbmeta_a.img full path = full path of your vbmeta.img that you downloaded
- And at last but most importantly type Code:
fastboot flash vendor_a [vendor_gsi.img full path]
- vendor_gsi.img full path = full path to vendor_gsi.img that you downloaded
Step 4:Choose a rom!
- Its time to choose a rom. You can use AOSP from phhusson or something else like LineageOS or Resurrection Remix or something else
- https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...%28GSI%29-list (not every rom will work but most do)
- The only thing that you have to watch out is that the rom must have arm64 and ab in its name (e.g. system-arm64-ab-xxx)
- After downloading it (and extracting it if needed) use Code:
fastboot flash system_a [your system path]
- your system path = full path to your system image of choice
Step 5: Reboot usingCode:
fastboot -w reboot
Feel free to ask questions!
- This will wipe data and restart the phone to your fresh installed custom rom
Credit and a lot of thanks to: