FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][PIE][GUIDE] How to install pie (Stock + Treble AOSP)

527 posts
Thanks Meter: 209

By LameMonster82, Senior Member on 23rd March 2019, 12:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, if you want any kind of pie you came to the right place! This is a guide of how to install Stock Pie and AOSP.

Because of that this guide will be splitted into 2 Parts.

Please read everything written down and on the second post before asking questions!

Before we do anything i have to explain some stuff:
  • I am not responsible for any damages that may occur during the installation or after it. I dont have every G7 on the world to test it so something unexpected can happen. Still if something is not clear ask here for help.
  • Stock pie will work on almost every model (G710ULM and G710TIM and G710TM (Anything related to T-Mobile) models are not supported) while AOSP works only on phones with unlocked/unlocakbe bootloaders (such as G710EM) so please don't ask if your phone is supported.
    Note: for models from ATT, Cricket, Sprint, BoostMobile, VirginMobile, AIO and Tracfone wont be able to go back to their stock firmware because ther is no KDZ or Dump available. Probably in the future there will be dumps of those models but for now there is no.
  • Can't guarantee that every feature will work on Stock pie or AOSP.
  • VoLTE and VoWiFi do not work.
Everything must be done on Windows.
Do a backup because your data will be completly wiped from your phone (including your Internal Storage)!
  • 1st How to install Stock Korean pie.
    Quote:

Step 0: Make sure that you have read everything that was written above. Also please uninstall any previous version of LGUP if presented.
    Step 1: Everything that you need:

Step 2: After downloading everything install:
    • The USB Drivers (LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe)
    • Then LGUP (LGUP_Dev_Frame_Ver_1_15_0_6.msi)

Step 3: Turn off your phone and then:
    • Hold volume up
    • Plug your USB Cable to your phone while holding volume up (The usb must be connected to your pc)!
    Now the phone should look like this.
    Quote:

Step 4: Open the device manager
    • There will be a tab with the name "Ports"
    • Open it and it shoud look lime this.

Note: If you dont see it or there is a problem with is. please try reinstalling the drivers from before.
    • At the end it should say COMX.
    • Remember that number. We will need it in the next step.

Step 5: Time to install pie!
    • Go to
      Code:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
    • Extract the "common" folder from LGUP dll (LGUP_Common.zip) inside the folder "model".
    • Then go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP (if you're not already there)
    • Hold the shift key and right click on a free space.
    • Choose to open a command prompt.
    Note: If you're on windows 10 it will be called a PowerShell. After oppening it type cmd and hit enter.
    • After that type
      Code:
      lgup_cmd.exe comX "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" [KDZ Loctation]
    • X = Your number from step 4 (e.g. com3)
    • [KDZ Location] = Your full path to your Korean Pie KDZ File (G710N20c_00_LGU_KR_OP_0107.kdz)

After that the phone should start being flashed and after a bit it should boot to Korean pie

• 2nd How to install AOSP Pie.
    Quote:

A gentle reminder: This part is only for G710EM users that want AOSP!

No other model is supported

Also you need to first unlock your booloader here:
    https://developer.lge.com/resource/m...yTypeCode=ANRS

Step 0: Do Part 1 (installing korean pie)
    • You cant skip it!
    Step 1: Download those files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RS...ai7frP1IXRX5QA (vendor_gsi.img)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bJ...wts1HCQeHWEuxz (TWRP_RealPie.img)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IY...yptKFBAGEXPJGI (vbmeta.img)
    https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip (android-sdk)

Step 2:Reboot to fastboot
    • To reboot to fast boot turn off the phone.
    • Hold volume down.
    • Plug a USB Cable while still holding volume down (the usb hast to be pluggend to a pc)!
    • You should be booted into fastboot.

Step 3: Extract android-sdk zip (platform-tools_r28.0.2-windows.zip) to your desktop (or a place where you will remember).
    • After that go inside the extracted folder
    • Hold shift and rick click on a free space
    • Choose to open a command prompt
    Note: If you're on windows 10 it will be called a PowerShell. After oppening it type cmd and hit enter.
    • After that type
      Code:
      fastboot --set-active=a flash boot_a [TWRP_RealPie.img full path]
    • TWRP_RealPie.img full path = the full path of your boot image (in this case TWRP_RealPie.img)
    • Also type
      Code:
      fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a [vbmeta_a.img full path]
    • vbmeta_a.img full path = full path of your vbmeta.img that you downloaded
    • And at last but most importantly type
      Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_a [vendor_gsi.img full path]
    • vendor_gsi.img full path = full path to vendor_gsi.img that you downloaded

Step 4:Choose a rom!
    • Its time to choose a rom. You can use AOSP from phhusson or something else like LineageOS or Resurrection Remix or something else
    • https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...%28GSI%29-list (not every rom will work but most do)
    • The only thing that you have to watch out is that the rom must have arm64 and ab in its name (e.g. system-arm64-ab-xxx)
    • After downloading it (and extracting it if needed) use
      Code:
      fastboot flash system_a [your system path]
    • your system path = full path to your system image of choice

Step 5: Reboot using
    Code:
    fastboot -w reboot
    • This will wipe data and restart the phone to your fresh installed custom rom

Feel free to ask questions!

Credit and a lot of thanks to:
    • @Sellerie_ for his amazing help with TWRP and custom system overlay for the G7
    • @J0SH1X for getting AOSP to work on oreo and pie firmware and also his awesome work on TWRP
    • @phhusson for his work on Treble AOSP and for helping J0SH1X and me to get it to work
    Also i did this at 12:00 so there will be some grammer mistakes
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to LameMonster82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LameMonster82 Ad-Free

23rd March 2019, 12:58 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
To fix vibration and enable ARCore on AOSP please install this zip as a magisk module in Magisk manager
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TT...rNo5x-pKLYrmie

Current AOSP Bugs:
  • LED not working
  • Occasional slowdowns (nothing major and clearing recent apps will fix the problem)
  • The display will turnn off for 0.5 secons when the phone gets unlocked (only when AOD is not active)

Current Stock/Korean Pie Bugs:
  • VoWiFi and VoLTE not working
  • Dual sim not supported

Code:
Keep in mind that i can't do anything about Stock/Korean pie bugs
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LameMonster82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LameMonster82 Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 01:23 AM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 551

More
Best guide so far! Thanks a lot!
23rd March 2019, 11:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
God bless You man!
23rd March 2019, 12:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Nice work!! How is camera working on AOSP? Wide angle working?
23rd March 2019, 12:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliake

Nice work!! How is camera working on AOSP? Wide angle working?

Works great with the lastes apk from Arnova
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LameMonster82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LameMonster82 Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 01:35 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LameMonster82

Works great with the lastes apk from Arnova

Cool, thanks! Another question, i'm trying to flash korean version of pie but when I try to flash it, It looks like this. And yes I chose the right port which is 4 in my case but it still says ''COM0''
Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!

Selected Port : COM0
SW Version :
Model Name :
Can't get device SW version
Download Error
23rd March 2019, 01:43 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliake

Cool, thanks! Another question, i'm trying to flash korean version of pie but when I try to flash it, It looks like this. And yes I chose the right port which is 4 in my case but it still says ''COM0''
Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!

Selected Port : COM0
SW Version :
Model Name :
Can't get device SW version
Download Error

It seems that you didnt extract the zip correctly.
23rd March 2019, 01:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys I got error "[SW PATH] is null"

after lgup_cmd.exe com5 (in my case) C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\G710N20c_00_LGU_KR_O P_0107.kdz
23rd March 2019, 02:08 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweteks

Guys I got error "[SW PATH] is null"

after lgup_cmd.exe com5 (in my case) C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\G710N20c_00_LGU_KR_O P_0107.kdz

By kdz location i mean where you downloaded your kdz.
Also i forgot to add quotes for the path so i guess thank you for showing it to me
In your case the command should be:
Code:
 lgup_cmd.exe com5 "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" [KDZ Path like your download folder or the place where you downloaded the kdz file]
For example
Code:
lgup_cmd.exe com5 "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" "D:\MyFiles\Desktop\LG G7 Files\G710NO20c_00_OPEN_KR_OP_0107.kdz"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LameMonster82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LameMonster82 Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 02:27 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LameMonster82

It seems that you didnt extract the zip correctly.

Problem was with the DLL like you said, but it was that Powershell wouldn't find it so in the command where it says model\common\LGUP_Common.dll, I erased LGUP_Common.dll from the code and manually drag the DLL file from the folder and drop it into code instead, if you understand what I mean! So the code would look something like this instead lgup_cmd.exe comX "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common"C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\LGUP_Common.dll" and that worked and now I have pie installed on my phone!

Thank you so much for the tutorial, it was so easy to follow!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pie, stock, treble

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)