FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How is your battery life on the LG G7 ThinQ?

895 posts
Thanks Meter: 494

By mammothjojo88, Senior Member on 6th June 2018, 03:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am curious as to how is everyone's battery life been? I pulled my phone off the charger at 7:05 am and currently sitting at 73% at 9:06am.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-06-09-07-24.jpg
Views:	2358
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	4519693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-06-09-07-17.jpg
Views:	2362
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	4519694  

6th June 2018, 04:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
is the screenshot for on screen time missing?
6th June 2018, 05:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Is it me or is there no setting to automatically turn on battery saver mode when the device gets down to a certain percentage?? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-06-12-12-01.jpeg
Views:	1402
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	4519787

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Issemann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Issemann Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 03:07 AM |#4  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 903

More
Strangely....the battery drained faster than it charged for me. Of course, that's an exaggeration, but Quick Charge on this phone isn't as fast as other phones.

I can say that using it while charging DEFINITELY affected the charging speed more than my last phone. It does not charge quickly while charging AT ALL.
The Following User Says Thank You to AarSyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AarSyl Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 04:15 AM |#5  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarSyl

Strangely....the battery drained faster than it charged for me. Of course, that's an exaggeration, but Quick Charge on this phone isn't as fast as other phones.

I can say that using it while charging DEFINITELY affected the charging speed more than my last phone. It does not charge quickly while charging AT ALL.

Using it while charging will destroy your battery anyways. Not a good idea
The Following User Says Thank You to clninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clninja Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:32 AM |#6  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 903

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja

I change phones too often to care.
The Following User Says Thank You to AarSyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AarSyl Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 02:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 360

More
my battery life has been pretty good considering the specs.

4 hrs of SOT easy. more like 5.5 some days.
8th June 2018, 02:22 AM |#8  
LA, CA
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja

Using your phone while it's charging does not destroy your battery. It may not charge as fast because you're obviously draining it at the same time, but it's perfectly fine to use the phone.
8th June 2018, 03:12 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holz75

Using your phone while it's charging does not destroy your battery. It may not charge as fast because you're obviously draining it at the same time, but it's perfectly fine to use the phone.

charging and discharging at the same time causes heat, which does destroy the battery, unless you have a unit with something like oneplus dash charging that heats up at the wall instead of at the battery
The Following User Says Thank You to WaxysDargle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WaxysDargle Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 04:05 PM |#10  
LA, CA
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxysDargle

charging and discharging at the same time causes heat, which does destroy the battery, unless you have a unit with something like oneplus dash charging that heats up at the wall instead of at the battery

It's a MYTH. Do a simple Google Search. And if it did destroy the battery, we'd definitely be hearing of a battery shortage simply from everyone driving around using their phones for GPS while plugged in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holz75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift holz75 Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 04:51 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holz75

It's a MYTH. Do a simple Google Search. And if it did destroy the battery, we'd definitely be hearing of a battery shortage simply from everyone driving around using their phones for GPS while plugged in.

hmmm my search turned up mixed results. some people think it'll make your battery explode, and that has been debunked. it is still debated (from what i can see) if doing heavy tasks (like gaming) while charging will degrade battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)