NOTE: following this guide will factory reset your phone so back up your data before hand.
Hi all, after having to do a fair bit of digging around last night in order to return my G7 to stock firmware i
figured i would make a all in one guide to make it a bit easier for people to follow!
First half of this guide is how to re-flash stock firmware:
1. Download LGUP here:Link
1.1 Download additional file we will need later: Link
1.2 Download stock KDZ file: Link
2. Install LGUP, after it has been installed extract the file from step 1.2 and place it here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common"
You will most likely have to create the common folder first and then place the file "LGUP_Common.dll" inside, this allows the LGUP software to recognise the device.
3. Next power down your device, once it is fully powered off hold the volume up key and insert the USB cable into your device
while continuing to hold volume up, continue to hold until your device enters download mode.
4. Open the LGUP software and drag the KDZ file into the file path section within the software, if your device is not showing
it means you dont have the correct drivers installed or haven't placed the .dll file from step 2 in the correct place.
5. Once the KDZ file is showing in LGUP simply click start and wait for the stock firmware to flash! Once it has completed
your device will reboot!
6. (Optional) download and install LG Bridge and check for any software updates after the flash has completed, OTA updates
can also be checked but in my experience it didnt show any updates where as LG Bridge did.
Second half of this guide will be how to re-lock the bootloader:
1. Download and install Android ADB + Fastboot drivers. The best guide I've found for this can be seen here:Link
2.Navigate to the folder where you have ADB and fastboot installed, usually this folder will be called platform tools.
hold shift and right click inside the folder then select "open powershell window here". Next make sure USB debugging is
enabled in developer settings and then head back to your powershell window and enter the following commands in order:
"adb reboot bootloader"
"fastboot oem lock"
3. Your phone will reboot and go through the usual first time start up, make sure to enable developer options again and
un-checking "OEM unlock". Your bootloader is now locked again!
If you followed the above steps you should now be back to complete stock! Enjoy