FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LM-G710EM v10d KDZ

390 posts
Thanks Meter: 99
 
By stuclark, Senior Member on 27th June 2018, 12:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've managed to grab a copy of the v10d KDZ for the G710EM variant of the G7.


This firmware was originally an UK release, I believe customised for O2 (the only carrier to so far take the G7 in the UK).


This firmware originally shipped as an OTA upgrade to O2 branded handsets and was on my phone; but having "downgraded" to v10b, I can no longer re-upgrade to v10d either using LG Bridge or LG UP. (the update gets to 98% and then errors - the phone restarts the update process and then hangs at 2%. A hard power cycle of the phone brings it back online with the previous software version intact)


I'll gladly make this available if people want it; but it comes with the warning above that this *may not* work on your handset.
The Following User Says Thank You to stuclark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stuclark Ad-Free
 
 
19th July 2018, 05:19 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark

I've managed to grab a copy of the v10d KDZ for the G710EM variant of the G7.


This firmware was originally an UK release, I believe customised for O2 (the only carrier to so far take the G7 in the UK).


This firmware originally shipped as an OTA upgrade to O2 branded handsets and was on my phone; but having "downgraded" to v10b, I can no longer re-upgrade to v10d either using LG Bridge or LG UP. (the update gets to 98% and then errors - the phone restarts the update process and then hangs at 2%. A hard power cycle of the phone brings it back online with the previous software version intact)


I'll gladly make this available if people want it; but it comes with the warning above that this *may not* work on your handset.

I would like to get a copy please. Thanks
20th July 2018, 09:56 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Me too. I am waiting for firmware update. I have G710em v10b and noting no update. Is this normal???
21st July 2018, 01:13 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Deleted
23rd July 2018, 09:48 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Sorry for the delay replying guys.


I've found that this update does not install over v10b (at least on my phone) as "upgrade" - it needs to be installed as "refurb".



This means it will do a factory reset after the installation
24th July 2018, 05:27 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
I guess you used uppercut, didn't you?
If so, how did you manage to flash as refurbished? I thought only upgrade option works.
24th July 2018, 08:28 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
My Lg G710EM upgrade today to v10f by FOTA. Now I have 4k 60fts. So I dont need kdz file.
Thank a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to Profoloco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Profoloco Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 02:34 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montechristo

I guess you used uppercut, didn't you?
If so, how did you manage to flash as refurbished? I thought only upgrade option works.

No; I used LGUP with the latest DLLs (you can get the v10b or v10d DLL files from LG Bridge)
24th July 2018, 02:35 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoloco

My Lg G710EM upgrade today to v10f by FOTA. Now I have 4k 60fts. So I dont need kdz file.
Thank a lot

Which country are you in?
24th July 2018, 09:46 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark

No; I used LGUP with the latest DLLs (you can get the v10b or v10d DLL files from LG Bridge)

Thx for your information.
24th July 2018, 11:28 PM |#11  
Luinwethion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
A totally newbie question, actually two.

checking via LG bridge or OTA, does it makes any difference? Or they are both available at the same time?

Isn't there a "Sammobile" like website where you can just download the new updates and flash it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes