FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What cases do you use?

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 311

By Septembersrain, Senior Member on 15th June 2019, 10:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I love this device and I'm waiting to get the Tech21 case for cheap on ebay for this phone as I loved it on my V30+.

Figured I'll go colorful until then.
I settled on this and it'll be here next week.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2019-06-15-16-51-05.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	4777486

Got it in today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	4778496Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1372.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	4778497

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk Pro.
The Following User Says Thank You to Septembersrain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Septembersrain Ad-Free

19th June 2019, 09:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
This is an excellent 2 piece case with hard shell protection on all corners and a nice soft touch feel for 9 bux. It's very, very close to the Incipio cases I had on my S5. My Incipios have slightly softer tpu, whick looks just a bit thicker at shock points. On the other hand, this case is a little thinner, while remaining tough. It even has more hard protection on the top of the phone, and the plastic case feels stronger for that extra edge.

It's so cheap, I bought both color combos to mix and match, plus I'll have the replacement for whenever the plastic eventually breaks from a fall (even my Incipio cases broke to save the phone).

LG G8 ThinQ Case, Androgate... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RRMQNKZ...p_mob_ap_share

If you use this, remember to install and remove in 2 steps. Like most good 2 piece cases, the plastic shell holds the phone tightly, be careful how it flexes around the key cutouts during removal. It seems smoothest to remove the power button edge first.

Although the Incipio feels slightly softer, I'm confident the protection of this is roughly equal in everyday use.
29th June 2019, 10:34 PM |#3  
Napa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
CoverOn case rocks
Great case. TP around the edges and poly-carbonate back that is clear. Works great with wireless charging. very good fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
30th June 2019, 02:49 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ40dan

Great case. TP around the edges and poly-carbonate back that is clear. Works great with wireless charging. very good fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't have that rainbow look due to the back being glass?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk Pro.
2nd July 2019, 12:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have the following cases, but am currently just using a skin from slickwraps.
Ghostek Covert
CruzerLite Leather Texture
Ringke Fusion X
Ringke Fusion
Encased Slim Armor

I have also spent a good amount of time at the carrier shops trying out the overpriced (but pretty great) cases:
Speck Presidio Grip
Tech21 Evo Check
Casemate Tough Clear

If anyone has questions or wants photos, let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to pongalong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pongalong Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 11:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongalong

I have the following cases, but am currently just using a skin from slickwraps.
Ghostek Covert
CruzerLite Leather Texture
Ringke Fusion X
Ringke Fusion
Encased Slim Armor

I have also spent a good amount of time at the carrier shops trying out the overpriced (but pretty great) cases:
Speck Presidio Grip
Tech21 Evo Check
Casemate Tough Clear

If anyone has questions or wants photos, let me know.

I really want to see how that CruzerLite looks in real life. It was the one I was torn on before I picked that blue one I've got. I definitely want the Tech21 but it's gonna have to wait until I can find one on eBay for less someday.
3rd July 2019, 12:35 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septembersrain

I really want to see how that CruzerLite looks in real life. It was the one I was torn on before I picked that blue one I've got. I definitely want the Tech21 but it's gonna have to wait until I can find one on eBay for less someday.

I'll take some photos once I'm home. It's a very nice case and I use it when I get tired of looking at a greasy, fingerprinted device. I've have a love/hate with Tech21 cases - they're great protection but they add so much width. I'd say they're worth it if you really want that 10ft drop protection without going to something beefier. I'm a desk jockey so I'm really enjoying the phone+skin and I only slap on a case if I know I'm going to be somewhat active. It's a shame there aren't more options for LG phones. No love if your name doesn't start with Apple or Samsung.
3rd July 2019, 03:58 AM |#8  
Napa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Septembersrain - It does have a few small areas on the clear back smaller than a dime that look a bit extra shiny since they are in contact with the glass. Not rainbow though.
4th July 2019, 10:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
This case is awesome, very sturdy, has a lip to protect edges of screen, slim, supports wireless charging, kick stand on back for propping up phone in landscape mode, 3 colors, perfect cutouts.
https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Tough-A...gateway&sr=8-1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KronicSkillz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KronicSkillz Ad-Free
25th July 2019, 01:23 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 710

More
Simple case does the job...

https://www.amazon.com/CASEVASN-Shoc.../dp/B07PM2MLZYClick image for larger version

Name:	20190724_201435.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	4797010Click image for larger version

Name:	20190724_201440.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	4797011Click image for larger version

Name:	20190724_201450.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	4797012

S10+ Tapatalk
25th July 2019, 06:54 AM |#11  
Flag Blackburn
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdodger

Simple case does the job...

https://www.amazon.com/CASEVASN-Shoc.../dp/B07PM2MLZYAttachment 4797010Attachment 4797011Attachment 4797012

S10+ Tapatalk

Same as you will similar, simple and effective and still showing its colour.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilpang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilpang Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)