FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

lg g8 sprint unlock

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By maderke, Junior Member on 5th July 2019, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i have bought a g8 from swappa, locked to sprint.
can it be unlocked already?
it does not asks for unlock pin when i put in another sim card.
or there is a way to flash an unlocked rom?

thanks

5th July 2019, 07:12 PM |#2  
Flag Blackburn
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maderke

i have bought a g8 from swappa, locked to sprint.
can it be unlocked already?
it does not asks for unlock pin when i put in another sim card.
or there is a way to flash an unlocked rom?

thanks

Have a look at this article

https://www.reviews.org/mobile/unloc...-sprint-phone/

I couldn't get my locked T-Mobile to work so planning to sell.
6th July 2019, 03:08 PM |#3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 864

More
I bought a Unlocked Verizon G8 and I got it working for the most part but couldn't make or receive phone calls on it. I think the phone app had too much specific Verizon stuff. Ended up returning it
23rd July 2019, 11:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
The Sprint version is a mess. Trust me.
27th July 2019, 12:59 PM |#5  
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
I got my locked to Sprint. It works fine so far in the UK when I put my sim in it.
27th July 2019, 08:38 PM |#6  
Flag Blackburn
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.m

I got my locked to Sprint. It works fine so far in the UK when I put my sim in it.

Great stuff, it's a solid phone and deserves a proper release in the UK
8th September 2019, 09:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Are you sure it's not unlocked? Mine is brand new out of the box and I just get no Service, and a little note saying invalid sim in the drop down menu.

Has anyone manage to have one of these unlocked outside of going by the book with sprint?
All the services i've asked either said they can't do it, or said they could at first, then just sent me a refund pretty much straight back.

I don't mind paying for the service but it seems nobody is there yet.

Anyone know anything I don't?
8th September 2019, 10:16 AM |#8  
Flag leeds

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welfares

Are you sure it's not unlocked? Mine is brand new out of the box and I just get no Service, and a little note saying invalid sim in the drop down menu.

Has anyone manage to have one of these unlocked outside of going by the book with sprint?
All the services i've asked either said they can't do it, or said they could at first, then just sent me a refund pretty much straight back.

They said it was locked to Sprint but also said it would work in UK. I hope you get it sorted. I'm having the same problem with the V50. I'm guessing the o my solution is if someone request the unlocking code from the manufacturer. Which can take a week or so.
8th September 2019, 01:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

They said it was locked to Sprint but also said it would work in UK. I hope you get it sorted. I'm having the same problem with the V50. I'm guessing the o my solution is if someone request the unlocking code from the manufacturer. Which can take a week or so.

The problem for the unlock code with the sprint G8 (and I gather some of the other phones too) is that they don't request an unlock code with an alternate SIM. There's a bunch of other codes you can enter to get the unlock code thing to pop up..... doesn't work.

It looks like the solution for the same thing on the Sprint G7 is for them to remote in using teamviewer or anydesk and work their magic.

I guess I could see if I can get my hands on a properly smashed up, non screen functional, unlocked phone, and transplant the board. But not really something I want to do with a brand new phone.

Partially hobbled by the lack of popularity I guess, you can find someone to do pretty much anything done to a Samsung
9th September 2019, 04:31 PM |#10  
Flag leeds

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

The problem for the unlock code with the sprint G8 (and I gather some of the other phones too) is that they don't request an unlock code with an alternate SIM. There's a bunch of other codes you can enter to get the unlock code thing to pop up..... doesn't work.

It looks like the solution for the same thing on the Sprint G7 is for them to remote in using teamviewer or anydesk and work their magic.

I guess I could see if I can get my hands on a properly smashed up, non screen functional, unlocked phone, and transplant the board. But not really something I want to do with a brand new phone.

Partially hobbled by the lack of popularity I guess, you can find someone to do pretty much anything done to a Samsung

Hi mate. I still have my G8 so will have a try with a code I was given. You need it to request the sim unlock right?
9th September 2019, 05:57 PM |#11  
Flag leeds

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Im really hoping these codes work for you (option 2 or 3). I didn't for me unfortunately.

Unlocking instruction for LG G8 ThinQ ?
How to enter an unlock code in a LG G8 ThinQ:

Second option (device doesn't ask for an unlock code with an unaccepted SIM)

1. Start the device with an accepted simcard (example LG G8 ThinQ was bought in Orange you need to insert an Orange card)
2. Go to the dial screen and press “2945#*model number#” (the same way you enter a phone number)
Example: the device is a P999 you need to enter “2945#*999#” or for KU990 you need to enter “2945#*990#” etc…

Third option (accepted simcard)

1. Go to dial screen and press 2945#*71001# or 2945#*20001# as if making a call
2. when a hidden window appears enter the unlock code
The Following User Says Thank You to agent.m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agent.m Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)