FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

lg g8 vs.lg stylo 4/4plus

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By ryan prevatt, Member on 15th March 2019, 02:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok,so i installed xda app on my phone and it said i have an lg g8,when in fact its the stylo 4 plus through boost.my question is how different are the devices in hardware and how can i root the dang thing.i really can't even find a reliable vid on unlocking the bootloader.it came pre installed with oreo,but as with nonflagship phones,getting an os update is hard to come by.i really want to clear the bloatware,and possibly install a custom Rom.any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance

22nd March 2019, 10:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan prevatt

Ok,so i installed xda app on my phone and it said i have an lg g8,when in fact its the stylo 4 plus through boost.my question is how different are the devices in hardware and how can i root the dang thing.i really can't even find a reliable vid on unlocking the bootloader.it came pre installed with oreo,but as with nonflagship phones,getting an os update is hard to come by.i really want to clear the bloatware,and possibly install a custom Rom.any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance

From this thread, it seems that the bootloader on the stylo 4 can't be unlocked, which makes it impossible to root. So I guess it is the same for the stylo 4+.
25th March 2019, 04:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

6th April 2019, 01:14 AM |#4  
Flag City of Brotherly Love
Thanks Meter: 748

More
Quote:

You can use the LG Package Disabler found in the play store to rid yourself off unwanted pre installed apps
The Following User Says Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phillymade Ad-Free
10th April 2019, 11:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

You can use the LG Package Disabler found in the play store to rid yourself off unwanted pre installed apps

make it a pure android!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)