FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G8 just got root yesterday

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By King Kaer, Junior Member on 26th August 2019, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Someone in China make all G8, G8s, V50 rooted yesterday, without breaking the phone. Sorry for I don't know how it works.

The guy is the moderator of a forum in China, which is about LG phones since years ago. In the past he always help to unlock, root and make ROMs for LG phones, but now this guy count on this to make money and just sell phones he polished, refusing to tell how.

Anyway, I'm going to buy his phone now, G8 is quite a good phone, I really hope a guide to root can be made soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Kaer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift King Kaer Ad-Free

26th August 2019, 11:01 PM |#2  
Flag Barberton
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kaer

Someone in China make all G8, G8s, V50 rooted yesterday, without breaking the phone. Sorry for I don't know how it works.

The guy is the moderator of a forum in China, which is about LG phones since years ago. In the past he always help to unlock, root and make ROMs for LG phones, but now this guy count on this to make money and just sell phones he polished, refusing to tell how.

Anyway, I'm going to buy his phone now, G8 is quite a good phone, I really hope a guide to root can be made soon.

Please report back when/if you receive the phone.

Edit: And, could you link to the forum that this guy is at?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jthein1989 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jthein1989 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthein1989

Please report back when/if you receive the phone.

Edit: And, could you link to the forum that this guy is at?

The form is http://www.lgbbs.com/ but seems has no useful threads now. I will show you the phone when I get it.
27th August 2019, 05:51 PM |#4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Are you sure about V50? Cuz on that site I cannot find it...
28th August 2019, 01:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inerent

Are you sure about V50? Cuz on that site I cannot find it...

I can confirm this as I saw his moment about the rooted V50. Teardown is required to root V50 and he can change the RAM to 12G and the storage to 1TB, quite crazy!

His main purpose is to sell rooted and modified LG devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2019-08-28-08-30-07.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	4812062   Click image for larger version

Name:	9c1182bba3dd9300809d1433ee271e47.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	4812063   Click image for larger version

Name:	4c3455265556e2240291f393fac37292.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	4812064   Click image for larger version

Name:	00d046187a9cd9355d02982b2b2e222d.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	4812065   Click image for larger version

Name:	c2ffbf7f097fa538ebe2b264bacf5a04.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	4812066  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilkie0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilkie0 Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 02:24 AM |#6  
Flag Lackland AFB, TX
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkie0

I can confirm this as I saw his moment about the rooted V50. Teardown is required to root V50 and he can change the RAM to 12G and the storage to 1TB, quite crazy!

His main purpose is to sell rooted and modified LG devices.

wtf man!?!
28th August 2019, 06:04 AM |#7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanBorges

wtf man!?!

He changes the ram an storage with heat gun special machine. Your phone must be there. Not interested in this method of root.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inerent For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Inerent Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 03:12 PM |#8  
Italia
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Root
hello, for a couple of days looking for the possibility to get root permissions but unfortunately I can't find solutions. I currently own a LG G8s ThinQ (LM-G810EAW). I find only previous root permissions to this smartphone. Thanks a lot for the collaboration
28th August 2019, 08:34 PM |#9  
Flag Black-Forest-79
Thanks Meter: 17

More
there is no possibility at the moment the bootloader is not yet released by LG

but we have good results with the G8S. In ADB mode there are some instructions what to do to unlock the bootloder
1st September 2019, 02:54 AM |#10  
Flag Lackland AFB, TX
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

He changes the ram an storage with heat gun special machine. Your phone must be there. Not interested in this method of root.

I don't really care much about the RAM or the storage. But how can you achieve root by messing with the phone internally?
1st September 2019, 02:35 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 11,842

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Agreed. I'm not interested in root where I have to ship my phone off somewhere or buy phone from someone.

The mint (unrooted) V35 I have (but not using) is because someone on XDA offered to sell me theirs -- so they could buy rooted V35 from China. A few weeks later, they updated me on their progress -- said the rooted phone they received from China not nearly great condition like the one they sold me.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanBorges

I don't really care much about the RAM or the storage. But how can you achieve root by messing with the phone internally?

Some low level bypass or something where you mess with the circuitry. It would negate the IP68 rating, taking it apart like that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)