FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Low light

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,697
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th January 2019, 03:28 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
At the club, at the bar, or just in your mom's basement, nighttime is when you come out to play. Rate this thread to express how the LG G8's camera performs when no or low light is present. A higher rating indicates that the camera sensor "sees" lots of light in dim conditions, and that the resulting photos have minimal noise. A higher rating also indicates that when the flash fires, the resulting photo is evenly-lit without any bright spots.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
 
 
5th May 2019, 08:12 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Amazon low light. Comparable to the S10 in my opinion. Utilize RAW for best results if you are familiar with processing photos.
21st June 2019, 08:09 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Are you using the manual mode, or night view mode? I only see raw options in manual.

Either way, I totally agree. Night shots can look very nice with just a bit of attention.
17th July 2019, 01:39 AM |#4  
jericho246's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
From the few low light pics I've taken with my G8s (yes, technically not a G8, but if you are impressed with the samples I posted below then I guess you would be even more impressed with the actual G8 because it has a superior camera), I can say I was pleasantly surprised. One thing to note though, the results are waayyyyyyyy better with the Google Camera port. Like some YouTube reviewer said (can't remember who it was), LG's Night View isn't aggressive enough. It still makes a difference, just not a huge one. So yes for Low light pictures I recommend using the GCam port.

LG Night View (stock camera) sample

Google Camera port sample
21st July 2019, 06:14 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

From the few low light pics I've taken with my G8s (yes, technically not a G8, but if you are impressed with the samples I posted below then I guess you would be even more impressed with the actual G8 because it has a superior camera), I can say I was pleasantly surprised. One thing to note though, the results are waayyyyyyyy better with the Google Camera port. Like some YouTube reviewer said (can't remember who it was), LG's Night View isn't aggressive enough. It still makes a difference, just not a huge one. So yes for Low light pictures I recommend using the GCam port.

LG Night View (stock camera) sample

Google Camera port sample

Where i can found the gcam porting? thyanks
22nd July 2019, 04:10 AM |#6  
jericho246's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erminio.saggese

Where i can found the gcam porting? thyanks

I'm using this version https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...1800-Final.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to jericho246 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jericho246 Ad-Free
22nd July 2019, 01:49 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

I'm using this version https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...1800-Final.apk

thanks but don't work for my LG G8s ThinQ. Sometimes crash, sometimes is totaly black...
Can i ask you what are your settings?
Sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian.
22nd July 2019, 02:17 PM |#8  
jericho246's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erminio.saggese

thanks but don't work for my LG G8s ThinQ. Sometimes crash, sometimes is totaly black...
Can i ask you what are your settings?
Sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian.

Hmm, it's strange that it crashes. Try uninstalling it and install this one instead. Don't forget to allow all the required permissions https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...90716.1800.apk

It should work without changing any of the settings.
However I recommend using these settings : https://mega.nz/#!xHRllIAI!7iKlwhrkH...sJ27XBuh9EsJPo these are the ones I use personally. To import them, create a folder named "GCam" on your device. In GCam folder create another one and name it "Configs". Copy the lgg8s.xml file to Configs. Then, open Google Camera application and quickly tap twice on the black area next to the shutter button. Now you can import the lgg8s.xml file.
Let me know if it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to jericho246 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jericho246 Ad-Free
22nd July 2019, 02:43 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

Hmm, it's strange that it crashes. Try uninstalling it and install this one instead. Don't forget to allow all the required permissions https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfil...90716.1800.apk

It should work without changing any of the settings.
However I recommend using these settings : https://mega.nz/#!xHRllIAI!7iKlwhrkH...sJ27XBuh9EsJPo these are the ones I use personally. To import them, create a folder named "GCam" on your device. In GCam folder create another one and name it "Configs". Copy the lgg8s.xml file to Configs. Then, open Google Camera application and quickly tap twice on the black area next to the shutter button. Now you can import the lgg8s.xml file.
Let me know if it worked.

the Arnova6.1.021 woks! thanks for sharing your settings!
7th September 2019, 07:53 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Lgg8s / Gcam no edits
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190830_224129.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	4816511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190830_223935.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	4816512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190904_211943.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	4816513  
The Following User Says Thank You to Noexcusses For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noexcusses Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes