WiFi strength, range, and throughput

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Rate this thread to express how you think the LG G8's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

sebaxx3

Nov 6, 2014
Much worse than lg g6 or even g5. On old LG g6 in my bedroom i got GOOD signal strength and this brand new flagship just POOR. Screenshot_2019-08-29-22-05-32.jpgScreenshot_20190829-220327.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

sebaxx3

Nov 6, 2014
Its doesn't matter. Both frequencies have same poor signal strength

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Rate this thread to express how you think the LG G8's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

I've only had it for two days so not terribly long. Have a 1gbs connection routed to a Ubiquity mesh network at home with a Unifi switch and PFsense router. No changes since the screen on my V30 glitched out two days ago with the network.

The reception I've noticed on both wifi in and outdoors and calls in the house (using TMO towers not wifi) has been demonstrably less than the V30 it replaced. Used to receive four bars for wifi outside and three bars for calling inside. Now it's two bars w/wifi out and one to nothing inside. I was actuallyy standing nfive feet from my Unifi AP Pro last night and only had two to three wifi bars appearing at 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz which I would normally get. No case on the phone yet and it's stock. Just my 2¢. Otherwise so far so good and I'm enjoying it. :good: Hope that helps!

dmkozak

Oct 10, 2006
The poor comments about the G8 wifi and telephone reception is what scares me away from the G8. I don't care about any of the other "negatives". But if the G8 can't handle the basics as well as the S10, then the rest of its positives don't make any difference. Is the G8 better or worse than the S10 at wifi and telephone reception? Thanks.