FORUMS

[Easy Guide] Force dual screen wide view on ALL apps

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By rainbowtuba, Member on 19th December 2019, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all!

I've seen it somewhat posted throughout the comments here but no thread on it directly. I figure the potential of this this deserves it's own thread and tutorial for those who are coming from Google to try and do exactly this without reading through a few threads.

Anyways:
How to enable Wide View on every app:

Download this app,G8x WideMode.

This puts a new icon in the top bar in the notification shade. If you don't see it, pull down twice and hit the pencil to edit the icons. Find the new one and place it somewhere near the top to keep it close by.

When the dual screen is open, tapping that will force wide screen in every app! There are some limitations:

Intent changes seem to revert the phone back to two separate pages. For instance, the mobile Reddit app Sync closes wide screen if I click any link to an external picture, video or site.

Some apps do f play nice in wide screen due to this, and you can't keep the phone permanently in the mode like a tablet, but it's a great improvement to a great phone idea.

This is super simple so I didn't think pictures were necessary, but let me know if I wasn't clear on anything or if you have problems somewhere!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbowtuba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rainbowtuba Ad-Free
19th December 2019, 10:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is very much appreciated! It works like a charm. It's not the floating dual screen thingy but the toggle buttons that you swipe down from the top. Make sure you add it.
10th March 2020, 07:02 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, this app seems to work great! I did have an issue with one app called Steam Link. Steam Link allows you to connect to a computer running Steam and remotely control it from your Android device. When I launch a game and try to use WideMode the Steam Link app refreshes and goes back to a single screen. I would love to be able to play some of my steam games over both screens.
10th April 2020, 09:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there any way to make landscape apps go left/right instead of top/bottom?
27th April 2020, 01:48 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedpotete

Is there any way to make landscape apps go left/right instead of top/bottom?

I don't understand. couldn't you just auto rotate? you can also use the rotation control app to lock rotation, which helps with wide Mode
29th April 2020, 01:21 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh_

I don't understand. couldn't you just auto rotate? you can also use the rotation control app to lock rotation, which helps with wide Mode

auto rotation did not work because some apps are forced landscape/portrait.
I did end up using the rotation control app with the per-app conditions.

Next nice thing would be if some apps would restart at the new resolution, instead of stretching the single-screen app - some apps/games work perfectly, but others don't (and I think they should have a similar resolution compatible because I've used the axon M, which has "dual screen" retained through home with those apps).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)