FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Unbricking or Flashing firmware with official LG app due to any issue

1,236 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,161

Post Reply Email Thread
Instruction: Hello everyone. I decided to create a guide for about that subject, I'll explain for LG-K430TR LTE cause I've it. It's MTK chipset but I suppose this method should work at all. I hope you'll be succeeded. Warn me if I did anything wrong. Be/feel free to ask anything.

To develop together...

What you'll need:
  • LG Bridge (Install as normal app)
  • Device as normally :l
  • Windows Using PC (I'm not sure if it works under Windows 7)
  • *Device drivers.
*Device drivers= Find right drivers for your phone. Download it from official LG website. How?
  • Go on to official LG website and find your device right there.
    https://img.xda-cdn.com/PY9dR_FEmyEYz1s-bO2T034c2dY=/http%3A%2F%2Fi.hizliresim.com%2FnrPp2a.png

• Click on device support button.
    https://img.xda-cdn.com/Rvc9kywnYzWqH_x0d5TTckNpxuw=/http%3A%2F%2Fi.hizliresim.com%2FEJlNr8.png

• Scroll down a little bit and click on "Firmware update" and then choose "USB driver for Windows", download it and install as normall app.
    Be sure the device isn't connected with PC.
    https://img.xda-cdn.com/zIlj2U9gnOzkRURQYHJKaL30KGk=/http%3A%2F%2Fi.hizliresim.com%2FjnJpXn.png

Steps to recover
  • Boot your device into download mode by; shut down your device and connect it to pc while hold pressing on volume up button. Do what I did in this video.

After that, open LG Bridge and click on like this picture.
  • Just wait on this screen.
  • Read the text carefully and check the checkbox
  • Wait...
  • And it got started to download! Wait until it get downloaded.
  • Download is done! Updating...
  • Uncompressing the compressed files.

After this step, it'll start to flashing files, also you can see this on your phone.

You've done. You succesfully recovered your device. To not be bricked again.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to berkantkz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th May 2016, 11:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TY for the help dude!!! for windows xp you must reinstall windows media player 11 and after that the mtp device will be installed, i did your explanations with lg bridge and it fixed my setup wizard stuck, ty a lot!
20th May 2016, 07:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
will this
would this process work if im getting a boot verification fail on the K10?
20th May 2016, 09:18 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryUserLG

would this process work if im getting a boot verification fail on the K10?

Should work cause it flashes whole partitions, as you can see the which partitions in attachment.

And be sure you're doing all the steps for your device model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG
Views:	1794
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3757020  
20th May 2016, 09:31 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkantkz

Should work cause it flashes whole partitions, as you can see the which partitions in attachment.

And be sure you're doing all the steps for your device model.

yeah but i can't find the K10 on the website let alone mines D:
20th May 2016, 10:00 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryUserLG

yeah but i can't find the K10 on the website let alone mines D:

Hahah what's your model?
20th May 2016, 10:10 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkantkz

Hahah what's your model?

LG K428
The Following User Says Thank You to AngryUserLG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryUserLG Ad-Free
6th June 2016, 12:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Used King Root last night on my wife's K10, everything worked... gained root access no problem. Woke up this morning to a boot-loop. Found your thread and figured I would update error recovery but I can't get LG Bridge to connect. I've already installed the drivers and rebooted both the device and the PC (windows 10). The device is in download mode and the PC recognizes the connection, but LG Bridge will not connect. Any thoughts?
6th June 2016, 03:30 PM |#9  

More
LG Bridge
Cannot get K10 to connect to LG Bridge. All drivers were downloaded, the computer signals that it sees a device connected, LG Bridge will start to connect when I plug in the USB cable. They I fails to recognize the device each time.
6th June 2016, 05:42 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the death of me

Used King Root last night on my wife's K10, everything worked... gained root access no problem. Woke up this morning to a boot-loop. Found your thread and figured I would update error recovery but I can't get LG Bridge to connect. I've already installed the drivers and rebooted both the device and the PC (windows 10). The device is in download mode and the PC recognizes the connection, but LG Bridge will not connect. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the death of me

Cannot get K10 to connect to LG Bridge. All drivers were downloaded, the computer signals that it sees a device connected, LG Bridge will start to connect when I plug in the USB cable. They I fails to recognize the device each time.

Can you paste a screen shot from devices screen when it's connected to PC in download mode? (Win+X and then select "Device Manager")
6th June 2016, 05:54 PM |#11  

More
Not sure how I would take a screen shot while in download mode. I do not see my device in device manager.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I've tried Fastboot and LG Flash Tool as well to try any clear cache or factory reset. I think the issue is USB debugging may not be enabled. Would that keep LG Bridge from working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)