25 Vote(s)
53.19%
No

6 Vote(s)
12.77%
Hardbrick

16 Vote(s)
34.04%

[UNBRICK][STOCK] LG K7 K330 & MS330 Stock ROM MetroPCS & T-Mobile + IMGS & AS330

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

Post Reply Email Thread
As of July 30th, T-Mobile and MetroPCS have released KDZ updates for the LG K7 . This is all official LG Firmware.

If anyone has firmware for any other model please PM to me.
USERS ARE IN NEED OF LG K7 AS330 KDZ If you have this model or know of KDZ file PLEASE PM me.

I have obtained the stock boot and recovery imgs for the AS330 from user maxmotos!
I have obtained the KDZ for the Walmart Family Mobile version of the K7 from user theseeker2654!
I have obtained an unofficial version of the AS330 firmware from lechicuong creation credit goes to tungkick!

Downloads and guide below.
*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR GAIN AS A RESULT OF THIS GUIDE*

This method may cause FAILURE or HARDBRICK (as always with flashing firmware) Use at own risk.

LG Has made it harder for us to download KDZ's from their website. So now we have to glitch it out for KDZ to download.
TO INITIATE DOWNLOAD OF MIRRORED KDZ DO THIS
Click link. Refresh the page. Then your download should start after that.

If that does not work try pasting the link into this website.
Then rename the file to *.KDZ.
Or if you have Linux, you can copy the link and run wget command to download.

Download drivers & tools HERE
LG UP MIRROR

DRIVER MIRROR

Please DO NOT flash a KDZ that is not meant for your model. It may lead to a hardbrick. It may flash fine but will be irreversible.
Download KDZs here (Each file can be downloaded individually, don't click the top button that says download, it downloads ALL the KDZs in that folder. It's 23 GBs! Please try not to kill my servers by downloading unnecessary files!)
Mirrors for KDZs

T-Mobile MIRRORS

MetroPCS MIRRORS

Walmart Family Mobile MIRRORS
K33011e MIRROR
K33011e MIRROR 2
Pretty Sure it uses the LGUP_K330.msi

K332 (India) MIRRRORS

AS330 MIRRORS

Extracted KDZ bins. Fastboot flashable imgs.
*Due to lack of storage space, I have chosen to compress older firmware versions in a 7z file. Please download 7-Zip to extract.*
HERE - MIRROR HERE

Please Post Results On Poll Above.

Unbrick with fastboot at bottom of page.

Unbrick Using KDZ

1. Install LG UP
    LG UP
  2. Install LG Drivers
    LG Drivers
  3. Install LGUP_K330.msi or LGUP_MS330.msi (Depending on your model.)
    LG UP Phone Specific
  4. Plug in phone and reboot into download mode (Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
    Download Mode
  5. Open LGUP
  6. Select UPGRADE
  7. Use 3 dots to find KDZ
    Upgrade
  8. Click START
    Upgrade
  9. Post results on poll above.
    Poll

Unbrick using LG Bridge (Mac & Windows)
(If there is no KDZ available for your model or LG UP failed, try this)
(Official way to unbrick. If it fails, blame LG)
  • Download LG Bridge from here.
  • Install LG Bridge
  • Open LG Bridge
  • Connect device to computer and let LG Bridge install drivers
  • Go to the Software update tab
  • Click "Update error recovery" on bottom right
  • LG Bridge will download and flash the KDZ for you.

Unbrick with fastboot
This is for people that have no LAF partition (No download mode)

*You must have Bootloader Unlocked.*
If you did not enable OEM unlocking in your phone's settings prior to the phone getting bricked, you may not be able to recovery with this method.
  • If you don't have download mode enter fastboot by trying to enter download mode.(Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
  • Download LAF.BIN MIRROR file for your model.
  • Download ADB & Fastboot as zip
  • Unzip ADB & Fastboot and enter the folder.
  • Hold Shift and Right click in folder.
  • Open Command Windows here
  • Move LAF.BIN to that folder
  • If you have not unlocked your bootloader do this. (Will wipe phone)
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
  • Next, enter this command
    Code:
    fastboot flash laf laf.bin
  • Reboot into download mode and follow guide above
  • Or continue by flashing system, recovery, and kernel
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.bin
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.bin
    fastboot flash system system.img

This method may cause FAILURE or HARDBRICK (as always with flashing firmware) Use at own risk.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Billybobjoe13245 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Billybobjoe13245 Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 04:59 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobjoe13245

As of August 2nd 2016, T-Mobile has pushed an OTA of version K33010h. If anyone has firmware for any other model please PM to me. This is all official LG Firmware.
Downloads and guides below.
*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR GAIN AS A RESULT OF THIS GUIDE*

Prerequisites

• LG Driver
  • LG UP
All downloads can be found HERE
T-Mobile MIRROR
KDZ MIRROR
MetroPCS MIRROR
KDZ MIRROR
Steps
  1. Install LG UP
    LG UP
  2. Install LG Drivers
    LG Drivers
  3. Install LGUP_K330.msi or LGUP_MS330.msi
    LG UP Phone Specific
  4. Plug in phone and reboot into download mode (Hold volume up while powered off then plug in usb while holding)
    Download Mode
  5. Open LGUP
  6. Select UPGRADE
    Upgrade
  7. Use 3 dots to find KDZ
  8. Click START
    Upgrade

This method is untested and may cause failure or hardbrick (as always with flashing firmware) use at own risk.

anyway you can post a TWRP flash-able zip for the new t mobile update? i dont want to risk LGUP using tmobile firmware on a metro phone. thanks for the downloads by the way, most of the soft-bricks needed this to get there stuff working.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaykoerner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaykoerner Ad-Free
5th August 2016, 06:32 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykoerner

anyway you can post a TWRP flash-able zip for the new t mobile update? i dont want to risk LGUP using tmobile firmware on a metro phone. thanks for the downloads by the way, most of the soft-bricks needed this to get there stuff working.

I have both MetroPcs and t mobile. If you want you can try using LG Bridge to update the phone, basically does same thing but it's more user friendly and it always downloads right package. But to recover from brick I think LG UP only way to it.
5th August 2016, 06:37 AM |#4  
Quote:

I have both MetroPcs and t mobile. If you want you can try using LG Bridge to update the phone, basically does same thing but it's more user friendly and it always downloads right package. But to recover from brick I think LG UP only way to it.

i wanted to give the t mobile firmware a shot and i don't think it would work though any official tools, 1) i haven't got the update that t mobile has as far as i can tell(is it just a security patch? or a os update?) 2) i'm really hoping the flash will let me bypass the metro hotspot check, right now i can only use pdanet+ works great but i want proper hotspot past my 8GB. it's up to you i'm just asking if i can be posted, any help is good help dont want to ask for to much.
5th August 2016, 06:43 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i wanted to give the t mobile firmware a shot and i don't think it would work though any official tools, 1) i haven't got the update that t mobile has as far as i can tell(is it just a security patch? or a os update?) 2) i'm really hoping the flash will make the bypass the metro check, right now i can only use pdanet+ work great but i want proper hotspot past my 8GB. it's up to you i'm just asking if i can be posted, any help is good help dont want to ask for to much.

That does not seem safe at all. That sounds like you could brick your phone. You should never try firmwares for different models. If you want upgrade use correct model. MetroPcs is k7ms330.
5th August 2016, 06:50 AM |#6  
Quote:

That does not seem safe at all. That sounds like you could brick your phone. You should never try firmwares for different models. If you want upgrade use correct model. MetroPcs is k7ms330.

yeah i know thats why i wanted to use twrp, i already have the version with the button combo and as long as i dont flash the recovery i wont have a issue with restoring, hardware wise they are the same and i've done the same with galaxy s3's and 4's between [email protected] and T-mobile also done this with some LG optimus F(and some number 90?) between boost and sprint so i know it's possible and as long as recovery is accessible it should be alright
5th August 2016, 06:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah i know thats why i wanted to use twrp, i already have the version with the button combo and as long as i dont flash the recovery i wont have a issue with restoring, hardware wise they are the same and i've done the same with galaxy s3's and 4's between [email protected] and T-mobile also done this with some LG optimus F(and some number 90?) between boost and sprint so i know it's possible and as long as recovery is accessible it should be alright

Do you want boot and system? I can only give you a rooted and with xposed. I have twrp backups and that's it. I don't think there's a way to flash stock with twrp.
5th August 2016, 07:00 AM |#8  
Quote:

Do you want boot and system? I can only give you a rooted and with xposed. I have twrp backups and that's it. I don't think there's a way to flash stock with twrp.

yeah thats all i wanted, is one clean? if not i don't want to inconvenience you and i dont think either of us want to share files with google info on it.
5th August 2016, 07:02 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah thats all i wanted, is one clean? if not i don't want to inconvenience you and i dont think either of us want to share files with google info on it.

Yeah it would be really hard to get system image from kdz.
5th August 2016, 07:08 AM |#10  
Quote:

Yeah it would be really hard to get system image from kdz.

yeah i know that's why i was asking if you had one you had backed up before you logged into google, on another note no one else has posted "stock" recovery flashable zips and it would be helpful for people that dont have backups and have become soft bricked without having to re-root flash TWRP and unlock the bootloader.
11th August 2016, 10:14 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
you're a lifesaver man! Just had a new update had me stuck on bootloop.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-k7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)