26 Vote(s)
54.17%
No

6 Vote(s)
12.50%
Hardbrick

16 Vote(s)
33.33%

[UNBRICK][STOCK] LG K7 K330 & MS330 Stock ROM MetroPCS & T-Mobile + IMGS & AS330

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2016, 06:26 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith1987

( need t mobile lgk7 k33011d kdz )

Alright, there does seem to be an update to that phone. So a KDZ should be available. I can't get the KDZ unless someone who owns the phone sends it to me. Please use LG Bridge to update/unbrick your phone and send me KDZ http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...reinstall-apps
The KDZ Should be in this folder %localappdata%\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image once it's done downloading. It will delete after it's done upgrading phone so make sure to copy it out of there while it's fixing the phone.
29th December 2016, 03:45 AM |#102  
Flag Inkster MI
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had noticed that quirk... Such a cute word... It doesn't happen every time for me but every 2-5 reboots. It's actually not the most annoying thing going on with this phone. King root is driving me crazy. I've just spent 2hours googling and searching here. I've had this OTA update reminder on my phone for a month... But with root can't do it. I unrooted it at first and tried it that way but I'm sure it was highly noticeable I was rooted. If I had my computer this would be no issue. Anyone know if Flashfire will help here?? I just came across that app briefly in my hours of research. What I want to do is get it as close to stock as possible get rid of KingRoot version 5.0.0 and try an older version. Idk though my husband just bought himself the K10 and I think I really want that and he's willing to trade but I can't give him this phone like this... It's been pretty slow recently. Idk what the deal is I just bought link2sd moved some more files best $2.35 I ever spent!! Fixed that issue now Google is trying to start drama back to hitting me with Kingroot can harm blah blah... I need my computer so I can just flash it to stock factory reset and I need to repartition my sd card too much space on the FAT file and not enough on the 2nd partition. I think that is why it's been slow.
I think I'm gonna go download flashfire and see what more damage I can do to this little piece of technology!! Haven't bricked it... Knock on wood... I'm going for a record now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherswing

With regards to Link2SD...
I'm using it without issue, just don't link system apps. One quirk I've noticed though, is that if I reboot I get a mount error for the second partition. Selecting quick reboot in Link2SD fixes it until the next reboot. This isn't the first phone I've seen link2SD do that with and it's not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

1st January 2017, 12:32 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Does the K330 firmware work on the AS330? Im just curious as I need to go back to full stock and if that works I can wait it out until the AS330 firmware is released. But I dont want to hard brick this phone.
2nd January 2017, 05:23 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker2654

Does the K330 firmware work on the AS330? Im just curious as I need to go back to full stock and if that works I can wait it out until the AS330 firmware is released. But I dont want to hard brick this phone.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT flash these KDZs on the AS330! You will brick the device. It's best to wait to the firmware is released. Never flash firmware for a different model then it's intended.
2nd January 2017, 08:18 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I made another recovery for the as330 the first image it was made as as330 but splitting the boot has it named as m1 also so I made another folder for the as330 so it would not be mixed up . I posted it in my post last one I need a tester that Is knowledgeable to flash it. I did all that I can do on this end we Just need expert testers. It was downloaded 1 time so who ever flashed get back to me please. Thanks

Hey, where is that link to the as330 twrp? I would like to at least have it. To test when we finally get a KDZ for it.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobjoe13245

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT flash these KDZs on the AS330! You will brick the device. It's best to wait to the firmware is released. Never flash firmware for a different model then it's intended.

On an unrelated note I sent you a PM with the link to that KDZ for Family Mobile variant of the K330. Latest Firmware.
2nd January 2017, 09:55 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliK1121

I had noticed that quirk... Such a cute word... It doesn't happen every time for me but every 2-5 reboots. It's actually not the most annoying thing going on with this phone. King root is driving me crazy. I've just spent 2hours googling and searching here. I've had this OTA update reminder on my phone for a month... But with root can't do it. I unrooted it at first and tried it that way but I'm sure it was highly noticeable I was rooted. If I had my computer this would be no issue. Anyone know if Flashfire will help here?? I just came across that app briefly in my hours of research. What I want to do is get it as close to stock as possible get rid of KingRoot version 5.0.0 and try an older version. Idk though my husband just bought himself the K10 and I think I really want that and he's willing to trade but I can't give him this phone like this... It's been pretty slow recently. Idk what the deal is I just bought link2sd moved some more files best $2.35 I ever spent!! Fixed that issue now Google is trying to start drama back to hitting me with Kingroot can harm blah blah... I need my computer so I can just flash it to stock factory reset and I need to repartition my sd card too much space on the FAT file and not enough on the 2nd partition. I think that is why it's been slow.
I think I'm gonna go download flashfire and see what more damage I can do to this little piece of technology!! Haven't bricked it... Knock on wood... I'm going for a record now!!

FlashFire looks pretty cool, but I have no clue if it would work with a KDZ. You can try but don't expect it to work flawlessly.
Which model do you have? Because there is a method of replacing KimgRoot with SuperSU. You can even avoid KimgRoot entirely. Use this method to root https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...groot-t3413941 and there's now an official version of TWRP. So you can download TWRP from their website https://twrp.me/devices/lgk7.html Whenever you want to update the phone you have to flash the new KDZ (I keep this thread updated wherever an update happens) and reroot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Billybobjoe13245 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Billybobjoe13245 Ad-Free
2nd January 2017, 09:26 PM |#107  

More
Just out of curiosity. Does LG usually release the firmwares for the GSM Unlocked phones (like AS330)? Or are we all kinda waiting for no reason? Seems like the phone has been out for a while, if they were going to release a KDZ or an update it would have happened by now dont you think?
3rd January 2017, 03:20 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker2654

Just out of curiosity. Does LG usually release the firmwares for the GSM Unlocked phones (like AS330)? Or are we all kinda waiting for no reason? Seems like the phone has been out for a while, if they were going to release a KDZ or an update it would have happened by now dont you think?

I don't know. Every other seems to receive an update except that one.
3rd January 2017, 08:13 AM |#109  
Flag Florence, KY
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know how to get around the TOT error saying that the file is older, I'm trying to flash the T-Mobile KDZ on a Family Mobile K7 but can't seem to get it to work
3rd January 2017, 10:59 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapplegater

Does anyone know how to get around the TOT error saying that the file is older, I'm trying to flash the T-Mobile KDZ on a Family Mobile K7 but can't seem to get it to work

Can you send a screen cap or something so I can see the error?
4th January 2017, 12:08 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eagle Mountain, UT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith1987

( need t mobile lgk7 k33011d kdz )

I have added the KDZ for the Walmart family mobile model.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-k7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)