Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is BOOTSTACK ?

Bootstack is a bunch of files placed deep inside your phone. They are responsible for turning your phone ON and OFF, they are providing download mode which allows you to flash official KitKat and Lollipop .kdz files. Bootstack is ensuring SIM support so you could make calls, send texts and access mobile internet. Those files also allows you to fix your bricked phone after flashing bad ROM. Bootstack is basically making you phone work. If those files get corrupted you may have to send your phone to repair.

YOU SHOULD NOT MESS AROUND WITH DOES FILES !!!
Bootstacks available in download section are meant for advanced users who know what they are doing.

Which BOOTSTACK do I need ?

Usually you do NOT need and should NOT touch those files.
They are being updated when you flash .kdz file.

When you're updating your L90 to Lollipop using .kdz you are also updating bootstack to a newer version. After that update you can only use stock LG Lollipop. So if you want to go back to stock KitKat or install any customROM you have to downgrade your bootstack.

You can do this in two ways:
1. Use .kdz file with KitKat in LG Mobile Support Tool. After that update you may lose all your data, your bootloader will be locked (does not apply to D415), your recovery will be restored to original and you will lose ROOT privileges. Your entire phone will be restored to factory state. (Safer and recommended for inexperience users)
2. Use bootstack zips provided here. After flashing one of the zip available below you will downgrade or upgrade your bootstack (depending on which zip will you use). You will get unlocked bootloader and your recovery will change to TWRP. ROOT privileges will NOT be affected.

If you decide to use second option check out this description:
- If you want to use official LG stock Lollipop choose Lollipop zip
- If you want to use official LG stock KitKat or customROM choose KitKat zip.

I still don't understand what is BOOTSTACK for

If you updated your stock software from KitKat to Lollipop using .kdz file (or official OTA) you also (unwillingly) updated your BOOTSTACK to Lollipop version which is good. It's how it supposed to be. But if you decide to restore your KitKat backup from recovery or install customROM while being on stock Lollipop you will NOT be able to make calls, send texts or access mobile internet. To have SIM support you need KitKat BOOTSTACK and you can find it in this thread. Read again "Which BOOTSTACK do I need ?" to make sure you know what you are doing. If you have never updated your phone to official stock Lollipop from LG you don't need to change anything.

If you still have questions about BOOTSTACK ask them in Q&A section here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...l-l90-t3118867

You will need ROOT, unlocked bootloader and custom recovery (TWRP recommended) to flash this.

If you decide to use my bootstacks, please let me know if it worked correctly for you (please include variant number and name of zip you used) !!!

Download:

Quote:

If you want to use official LG stock Lollipop choose Lollipop zip
If you want to use official LG stock KitKat or customROM choose KitKat zip.

Quote:

It's STRONGLY advised to less advanced users to read sections: "What is BOOTSTACK ?" and "Which BOOTSTACK do I need ?" before doing anything.
They should also choose ONLY files labeled as STABLE. They are confirmed as working properly for most of the people.
You should NOT forget that even stable files can work incorrectly for some users.

D400hn (Single SIM, equipped with NFC)

Quote:

Disclaimer:
Information and files published here may be incorrect. Using files provided in this thread may lead to complete, irreversible device damage. STABLE status is ONLY a suggestion NOT a fact. Every file available here, even files marked as STABLE might be faulty and may cause serious damage to software and/or hardware. I'm not responsible for bricked devices.
YOU ARE USING THOSE FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK !

KitKat: Faulty zip. If you already downloaded the file, please delete it !
Version: 1.0

Lollipop: Not available.

D405 (Single SIM, no NFC)

Quote:

Disclaimer:
Information and files published here may be incorrect. Using files provided in this thread may lead to complete, irreversible device damage. STABLE status is ONLY a suggestion NOT a fact. Every file available here, even files marked as STABLE might be faulty and may cause serious damage to software and/or hardware. I'm not responsible for bricked devices.

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759481

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759482
Version: 2.0

D405n (Single SIM, equipped with NFC)

Quote:

Disclaimer:

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759483
Version: 1.4
Status: STABLE. Confirmed as working by users: Xemidra, grey heron, velosa.

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759484
Version: 2.4
Status: STABLE. Confirmed as working by users: Xemidra, grey heron.

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347772737
Version: 2.5

D410 (Dual SIM, no NFC)

Disclaimer:
Quote:

Disclaimer:

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759487
Version: 1.3

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759485
Version: 2.4

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759486
Version: 2.5

D410hn (Dual SIM, equipped with NFC)

Quote:

Disclaimer:

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347798525
Note: This bootstack was created by user F. Gacrux. Unlocked bootloader included. TWRP is NOT present in this zip. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of TWRP.

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347798524
Note: This bootstack was created by user F. Gacrux. Unlocked bootloader included. TWRP is NOT present in this zip. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of TWRP.

D415 (Single SIM, no NFC, US-only )

Quote:

Disclaimer:

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347761027
Version: 1.1

KitKat: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759490
Version: 1.2

Lollipop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759489
Version: 2.3

Installation instructions:
0. Make sure you have ROOT privileges, unlocked bootloader and custom recovery (TWRP recommended) installed on your device.
1. Download correct zip and place it on you SDcard.
2. Go to you custom recovery, chose INSTALL and select zip file with the bootstack
3. Confirm your choice and wait. That's it !

If the installation fail do NOT leave recovery. Connect your charger, write in this thread and wait for help.

Information about content:
- Both KitKat and Lollipop versions
- Unlocked bootloader and TWRP 2.8.5.0 included

Partly tested*
Using files provided in this thread may lead to complete, irreversible device damage. I'm not responsible for bricked devices. You are using this files at your own risk.

* - STABLE status is given after confirmation that everything is OK from users who used the ZIP files on their variants of L90. I do NOT test those files. Be aware that in some cases some ZIPs may be marked as STABLE by mistake so even STABLE ZIPs may be faulty. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Credicts / Thanks:
LG - for releasing .kdz files
shoxxy - for TWRP for L90
Зевс - for unlocked bootloaders

ITS NOT ALLOWED TO MIRROR MY FILES , IF YOU WANT TO SHARE , ASK ME , AND ONLY LINK TO THIS ORIGINAL THREAD !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I'm doing. Please use Thanks! button below.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Xemidra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xemidra Ad-Free
26th May 2015, 01:25 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag cd /world/europe/italy
Thanks Meter: 1,503

More
Finally, I was waiting for this thread. Can I ask you if V20A bootstack for D405n is good in V20B?
26th May 2015, 01:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady's

Finally, I was waiting for this thread. Can I ask you if V20A bootstack for D405n is good in V20B?

It should.
There is no information about changes between 20A and 20B and even if they are, they are probably regarding system partition. The only bootstack that I used was slightly modified D405n for KitKat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xemidra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xemidra Ad-Free
26th May 2015, 10:24 PM |#4  
Flag Tarnów
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi
What it is? I'm a noob so that's why I'm asking. Am I need it for something, or what?
26th May 2015, 11:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman94

Hi
What it is? I'm a noob so that's why I'm asking. Am I need it for something, or what?

You are not the first person who ask about this so I included an information in first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xemidra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xemidra Ad-Free
27th May 2015, 03:09 AM |#6  
Flag Glendora
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Flashed BOOTSTACK_v1.2_D415-20B w/TWRP. Flash was said to be successful. Reboot system and black screen. Seems to be stuck in download mode. Cannot get back into recovery, or boot into system
27th May 2015, 04:28 AM |#7  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 944

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobl61

Flashed BOOTSTACK_v1.2_D415-20B w/TWRP. Flash was said to be successful. Reboot system and black screen. Seems to be stuck in download mode. Cannot get back into recovery, or boot into system

What ROM were you on when you flashed the bootstack?

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2015, 06:15 AM |#8  
Flag Stadt
Thanks Meter: 1,077

Donate to Me
More
Hi

It should be NO Bootstack from KK needed. :

1.Flash Lollipop from KDZ

2.Root the Device

3.Unlock Bootloader using this from my Thread ( Thx @Зевс)

4.Flash my TWRP or any recovery you want, via an app like: rashr, or flashify or .......

Thats it

The Bootstack thing is only needed on devices with locked Bootloader... but i bricked my G-Pad v400 (msm8226) many many times , when i try that out so the unlocked Bootloader (if its available) is the best way for me

Best Regards
DGooseman
27th May 2015, 06:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Before messing around I suggest you to flash kdz. Also, maybe in OP there should be a disclaimer regarding this shouldn't be used when nothing is wrong about your device ATM.
27th May 2015, 06:23 AM |#10  
Flag Stadt
Thanks Meter: 1,077

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thats what i am talking about. if you could not go into Recovery or Download Mode you are bricked at QHSUSB Mode 9006 or 9008.

This Bootstack Thing should only be used if you defintly know what you do, also make sure you could unbrick your device
27th May 2015, 06:28 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Battery Full
What about bootstack C KitKat for D-415 ZNF..... Don't see it listed for people who need it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, bootstrap, modem, signal, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)